Iphone 5S

On sale? Predictions?
14 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
6950 posts
11613 upvotes
Scarborough
I could see some places offering $100 off or maybe store gift cards with purchase. I don't expect to see any deals on the unlocked version from Apple.
Dec 5, 2011
138 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
There's a promotion I got from Rogers Customer Retention where if you obtain your "hardware upgrade via 3rd Party" (ie; Apple Store, Future Shop, Best Buy...) I got a $200 equipment rebate - must be existing customer (I've been with them 14yrs). I also negotiated a new 2yr contract as my previous 3yr contract was up and I am generally satisfied. I lucked out as I got some pretty nice and knowledgeable people the first time, I called back to negotiate my wife's plan and had absolutely no luck whatsoever - so YMMV.

Good luck.
p.s. I got a black 64Gb 5S for $239 in the end with a 2yr contract - but they had gold 32 & 64Gb in as of the weekend...
Oct 20, 2013
1 posts
BURLINGTON
I took my iphone 4 into future shop and they gave me a $100 gift card which I could use towards a new phone. Then I got $50 off for signing up for a new contract with telus and I think rogers was offering the same promotion. With taxes and a $60 case I paid $180 for an iphone 5s 16gb
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1409 posts
149 upvotes
Wow those are great deals...

Mine is an upgrade from bell any ideas on how to get such a great deal?
Apr 30, 2013
266 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
sorry to break it to ya but don't count on any deals. Like previously mentioned, maybe you'll get a gift card.
Sep 17, 2008
4 posts
2k328ci wrote:
Nov 12th, 2013 12:14 pm
There's a promotion I got from Rogers Customer Retention where if you obtain your "hardware upgrade via 3rd Party" (ie; Apple Store, Future Shop, Best Buy...) I got a $200 equipment rebate - must be existing customer (I've been with them 14yrs). I also negotiated a new 2yr contract as my previous 3yr contract was up and I am generally satisfied. I lucked out as I got some pretty nice and knowledgeable people the first time, I called back to negotiate my wife's plan and had absolutely no luck whatsoever - so YMMV.

Good luck.
p.s. I got a black 64Gb 5S for $239 in the end with a 2yr contract - but they had gold 32 & 64Gb in as of the weekend...
is this an easy to get promotion, or did you have to go through the hassle. can i just got to apple and get it and when they call for activation itll all get settled?
Feb 21, 2012
225 posts
48 upvotes
Gananoque, ON
Last year, the iPhone 5 was on for $79. Prolly won't come that cheap, since we have two year terms now but it was $100 off
Dec 5, 2011
138 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
linds_15 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2013 2:23 pm
is this an easy to get promotion, or did you have to go through the hassle. can i just got to apple and get it and when they call for activation itll all get settled?
I called regular Rogers customer service and they put me through to Retentions where I re-negotiated my plan, then when I was happy and switched the plans, I just asked if there was anything else I was eligible for - he searched his computer and told me about this hardware upgrade through a 3rd party dealer which will give me a $200 credit on my next bill when the iPhone $489 (-$50 credit) comes through. It all sounds good, but I guess I have to see what my next months bill looks like before I start celebrating. Apple store knows nothing about it, its all through Rogers end.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4014 posts
31 upvotes
2k328ci wrote:
Nov 14th, 2013 5:24 pm
I called regular Rogers customer service and they put me through to Retentions where I re-negotiated my plan, then when I was happy and switched the plans, I just asked if there was anything else I was eligible for - he searched his computer and told me about this hardware upgrade through a 3rd party dealer which will give me a $200 credit on my next bill when the iPhone $489 (-$50 credit) comes through. It all sounds good, but I guess I have to see what my next months bill looks like before I start celebrating. Apple store knows nothing about it, its all through Rogers end.
Can it be combined with the trade-in $100 bestbuy or futureshop gift card offer?
Aug 9, 2007
589 posts
8 upvotes
2k328ci wrote:
if u dont mind what plan you got ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5381 posts
362 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
2k328ci wrote:
Nov 12th, 2013 12:14 pm

Good luck.
What does it mean by "via 3rd party". Aren't you already getting your phone through retention?
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4014 posts
31 upvotes
2k328ci wrote:
No luck for me. Spent 45 minutes, most on hold, and the best they could offer was a refurb 16G version of the 5S... for new activations only. I think maybe you got lucky.
× < >