Cell Phones

iphone 6s+ unlock code for virgin USA mobile? where?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2018 2:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4506 posts
385 upvotes

iphone 6s+ unlock code for virgin USA mobile? where?

After a few years of building up a large credit on a pre-paid plan for Virgin, I finally managed to convince someone (virgin CS agent) to use the credit to buy an iphone 6s+ despite being told for years this was not possible.

Now, I was perfectly happy getting something out of the credit I had and if my child uses this as toy/ipod touch, I really don't care.

I had to sign up to the now discontinued inner circle plan which is only $1 for 6 months - 5 to go and then 50 after and I have only a little balance left so unless I can figure out to unlock it, I will just let the amount die and be done with virgin USA.

Is there any unlock options?

I checked with my rogers sim in Canada and the phone is locked for sure since it would not work.

The SIM is one of the boost/virgin/sprint.

Any thoughts on a provider. I did not see lot on ebay but perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

I am trying to see if I can use the 14 day "grovel/bull crap" unlock argument with virgin (heard you also have to possibly threaten to complain to BBB) but I suspect that will go no where. Their unlock policy is not too clear.

Either way, if I can unlock, great, would probably want to use on wind/chatr.
8 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4506 posts
385 upvotes
There is zero chance that I am going to pay an additional US$300, 50 per month for 6 months after the $1 period for first 6 months, on the plan in order to allow me to unlock through them.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4506 posts
385 upvotes
Anyone have ideas?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4506 posts
385 upvotes
batcave wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 12:43 am
Ebay?
I see nothing. Do you?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4506 posts
385 upvotes
turns out i did not need to. found some helpful advice online and managed to deal with CS at virgin who unlocked it.
Feb 22, 2019
1 posts
Hello, I have the same situation. Purchase a preowned iPhone 7 from virgin and just completed 6 month inne circle plan. I have cancelled and moved on to another sprint mnvo. How can I get virgin to unlock it? What was the magical word you used to finally get them to unlock your phone? tia.