• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 2:25 pm
[OP]
Jun 22, 2012
118 posts
7 upvotes
VANCOUVER

iPhone to Android transfer

Hi all, recently purchased my first Android phone after 6 years with iPhones. Managed to transfer contacts, photos and videos to the new phone but cannot for the life of me figure out how to transfer messages and apps. More concerned about the messages than just the apps. Is there a way to do it for free?? Any advice would be appreciated, I have tried a few online transfer websites but after you install the programs I realize they want $$$$ before I can transfer anything..
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5440 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
Which phone do you have? Some bigger manf such as Samsung have an app that can do it for you seamlessly.
For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
[OP]
Jun 22, 2012
118 posts
7 upvotes
VANCOUVER
PrinceMS wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:40 am
Which phone do you have? Some bigger manf such as Samsung have an app that can do it for you seamlessly.
Huawei P20, I have tried the above posters link but perhaps my computer skills are lacking as I can still not get it to work...
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30497 posts
5037 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
SteveBennett wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:27 pm
Huawei P20, I have tried the above posters link but perhaps my computer skills are lacking as I can still not get it to work...
Apple apps will not work on Android. You need the Android versions of the app.

For email, you just need to set up your email accounts on your phone and the messages should appear

If you want your SMS (iMessage), you're not going to be able to recover those. At least not easily.