• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 11:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1403 posts
75 upvotes

iPhone battery credit $64 if you purchased from Jan 1, 2017 to Dec 28, 2017

I posted this in the Cellphone section but perhaps it’ll be more useful and visible in the Hot Deals section.

Just got an email from Apple Support advising that they are now issuing refunds, $64 if you purchased a replacement battery for iPhone 6 and newer models. I wasn’t sure if it was legitimate so I called the Apple customer support number and asked and they said it is real. I emailed back in January and was told I would not be getting a refund but it appears they are now changing their minds.

You have the option to put it back on your original payment or bank deposit. I opted for the gift card since I’m planning on making a purchase in the near future. Below is the email if anyone wants to know what is shown.

You don’t need the email just your serial number to verify when the battery was purchased for the device.

Apple Customer Support ‭1-800-676-2775‬

“Dear iPhone owner,
Our records show that you had an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement completed at an Apple Store, Apple Repair Center, or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
On December 28, 2017, Apple announced a price reduction on our out-of-warranty battery replacement price for iPhone 6 or later devices, effective through the end of 2018.
Apple is providing a CA$64 credit to customers who paid for a battery replacement for iPhone 6 or later devices between January 1, 2017 and December 28, 2017 at an Apple Store, Apple Repair Center, or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
The credit will be provided as an electronic funds transfer to your bank or on your credit card depending upon how you paid for the replacement service. Please be prepared to confirm your bank or credit card account information to complete the process.
To start your credit request, please contact Apple before December 31, 2018.”
Last edited by EscaBoi on Jun 14th, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1403 posts
75 upvotes
I called Apple Customer Support ‭1-800-676-2775‬

Seems it goes to their call center in California because I got disconnected and a San Jose number called me back. And initially the rep said $50 refund, but I corrected him and said I’m from Canada and it says $64 in my email.
Oct 28, 2004
301 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:25 pm
Who do people email to? Is there a link?
Apple just links to https://getsupport.apple.com.

If you have an older 6s and haven't replaced the battery yet, you might quality for a free one.
https://www.apple.com/ca/support/iphone ... dshutdown/
We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en francais, veuillez appuyer sur le deux.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1403 posts
75 upvotes
Yup same email, I thought it might be so rather than click the link In the emaiI looked up the Apple number on their website and called that.

Received my gift card a couple of hours later, I personally wasn’t comfortable giving my banking information so told them to email me thme gift card instead since I’m planning on making a purchase anyway.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1010 posts
456 upvotes
Victoria
from what I can tell, this is legit.
however, OP is not clear.
it's if you purchased a replacement battery during that time frame. Not if you purchased a phone between that time frame. (which may have been what the op meant, but they weren't clear.)
Nov 13, 2010
60 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
Awesome. Great to hear you've done the due diligence. Thanks! I'll give them a call as well!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1403 posts
75 upvotes
I made an adjustment to say new replacement battery for iPhone 6 and new models. Hopefully that’ll clarify for any confusion.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)