• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2007 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
No video is a non-issue anyways. Video from cell phones is terrible. Maybe a few top-end ones are respectable but if you want to take videos and pictures, then that is what digi-cams and videocams are for.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1998 posts
1581 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
heavyweight wrote: Yes it does have GPS.

No video is not a big deal to most Apple fans as they would probably already have this as well as a quality digi cam. For music...no other phone can touch the iPhone. Stereo bluetooth is not a big deal for me. The next gen phone will probably have this.

I am going over to Detroit to hopefully test out the iPhone tonight.

WOW ...RIM stock is up over 20% TODAY!!!!
Sorry bud, Iphone doesn't have GPS!
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1998 posts
1581 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
porphyra wrote: No video is a non-issue anyways. Video from cell phones is terrible. Maybe a few top-end ones are respectable but if you want to take videos and pictures, then that is what digi-cams and videocams are for.
Considering the majority of youtube videos are from camera phones, I don't think it's an non-issue. So basically you say the iphone camera is ****** and just go by a real one? Well the camera on my k790 is pretty damn good. Sure I'm not going to use it taking professional pics but it's good for everything else. 2MP on a revolutionary phone is pretty pathetic with no video capability on a phone who's major point is multimedia.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2005
2902 posts
47 upvotes
Yeah the iPhone does NOT have GPS and has many many shortcomings, I think the next version will probably be much better (will have 3G instead of EDGE) and the frikkin price plans are ridiculous! $50 / month at the cheapest rate? going up to $150.. wow

anyways, trying to keep this thread on track about the iPhones effect on business, heres a good read:

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/ ... exclusives

The iPhone will NOT be the next blackberry killer :)
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
heavyweight wrote:
WOW ...RIM stock is up over 20% TODAY!!!!

Ya, whats up with that eh! Why did I sell it 6 yrs ago !!! Should have taken the risk and bought it during their battle with the other small company for the rights.
Jan 13, 2007
253 posts
3 upvotes
Windsor
ZxExN wrote: Sorry bud, Iphone doesn't have GPS!
It has Google MAPS which is all most people will need. Unless you are lost and have "NO" idea where you are would you really need a GPS..for the majority of the population.
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
no effect on apple's stock price
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Jan 13, 2007
253 posts
3 upvotes
Windsor
Friday the stock was up close to 4% ....but market conditions declined in late day trading...

Watch this stock Monday and for the rest of next week and all of July...its at $122.04 right now....some of you think this stock is going to stay the same or decline? you are nuts and losing money....the upside potential greatly outways the risk here...
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
heavyweight wrote: Friday the stock was up close to 4% ....but market conditions declined in late day trading...

Watch this stock Monday and for the rest of next week and all of July...its at $122.04 right now....some of you think this stock is going to stay the same or decline? you are nuts and losing money....the upside potential greatly outways the risk here...
I tend to agree. In the short run, yes, people may take some profits, but I feel overall, everyone knows iPhone and Apple long run is going to do great and most of the people will hold onto their shares (or buy more or new comers will jump in).
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1998 posts
1581 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Next week's trading will see Apple stocks decline when people start returning their Iphones.
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
ZxExN wrote: Next week's trading will see Apple stocks decline when people start returning their Iphones.
and you own an iphone to know..?
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Jan 13, 2007
253 posts
3 upvotes
Windsor
I dont think many people will return THE BEST PHONE EVER... lol jk...

I got a look at the phone last night...didn't get to use it myself though...it seemed to work great....the time to connect to the internet was long at almost a minute...but browsing was a good speed....not slow enough to say this phone is sooo slow or anything
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
heavyweight wrote: AAPL up over 4% so far today :)
4.4% now....

Who was it that said AAPL stock will plummet again?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
ZxExN wrote: Next week's trading will see Apple stocks decline when people start returning their Iphones.

Up to $ 127.17 closed on July 4 (up 4.87% from the day before)

Touched 52 week high as well.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
heavyweight wrote: Only up another 4.39% today
I think point is proven. Up to $148.92 on the high. Yesterday was $144 before the new iPods announcement today. I know I'm up 48% :cheesygri