• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2012 12:57 am
Tags:
None
Dec 9, 2010
300 posts
24 upvotes

iPhone Facebook Messenger: "Last Active" online status

Some of the statuses I've seen are "Active now", "On mobile", and "Active 5min ago". How accurate are these statuses?

If I'm always signed into the messenger on my iPhone, does this mean I will always be "On mobile"? I just don't want others to know exactly how active I am on messenger to the minute... like "Active 5min ago" or something all the time. I'd rather have it as "On mobile" all the time.

Anyone know more about this? Thanks.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 3, 2009
5724 posts
628 upvotes
dee88 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2012 12:42 pm
Some of the statuses I've seen are "Active now", "On mobile", and "Active 5min ago". How accurate are these statuses?

If I'm always signed into the messenger on my iPhone, does this mean I will always be "On mobile"? I just don't want others to know exactly how active I am on messenger to the minute... like "Active 5min ago" or something all the time. I'd rather have it as "On mobile" all the time.

Anyone know more about this? Thanks.
U stalking?
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
300 posts
24 upvotes
No... It's the other way around. I don't want other ppl stalking me.

How do they know when I'm last "active"? Based on last time I chatted with someone or based on last time I was online?
Apr 16, 2009
560 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
From using it pretty frequently, my understanding is that the "Last Active" is from the last time they were online on a computer. Yes, it'll show you if they're on mobile and such, but when they actually go offline on everything, it goes to "Last Active" from the last time they were on a computer. To be honest, if you're worried about people judging you because you're on facebook chat too much...well, yea.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
300 posts
24 upvotes
Can anyone confirm this?

I've thought that the "last active" time that shows up beside the phone icon is when they were last online via iPhone Facebook Messenger?
Jul 27, 2009
135 posts
6 upvotes
assume them to be accurate cuz people are always messaging me asking why i dont sleep or whatever. i never use fb i just have the messenger instaled on my iphone
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
300 posts
24 upvotes
RileyFreeman wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 1:19 am
assume them to be accurate cuz people are always messaging me asking why i dont sleep or whatever. i never use fb i just have the messenger instaled on my iphone
Holy ***** that's not good. Gonna uninstall messenger then lol
× < >