Cell Phones

iPhone Purchases Not sure if anyone has thought of this but...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2008 11:20 am
Tags:
None
May 28, 2007
743 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Icarus wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 6:50 pm
Coming from a person who was trying to sell one for $675... :lol: :rolleyes:
I actually sold 3 the same day I listed... check my feedback. Oh I only got $670 for my 16 gig (Total 3 iPhone sale I was $5 off from asking oh how silly of me). But wait what you are proposing makes much more sense. I will just sell to you for 299 + 35 + your fee and waste even more time on what could be a simple transaction. :lol:
May 28, 2007
743 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Icarus wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 7:03 pm
I'd ask for some $ on the side but nothing like the jokers asking crazy amounts of money. I could have easily purchased the phone and slapped it on eBay, but thought this would be a better idea and reasonable for RFD members... apparently most would like me to purchase one and make them miss a mortgage payment to purchase it. :confused:
It's called MARKET price! Duhhh get a clue. There are silly people asking $750-850 thinking they are on eBay (market for 16GB in GTA seems to be around $675). But really who is really diluted here?

Trying to get top dollar and letting market/offers dictate their profit? Or YOU the guy who will sell below market for a sucker's commission all the while he just LOCKED 3 more years with ROGERS and gave away EARNED HUP to a stranger???

I don't need to explain to any rational RFD member how silly your proposal will be. Sell away your 16gig iPhone I'll buy it from you for 299+35+tax. Suckers a born every minute but in this case it's not the buyer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 30, 2004
7352 posts
BRAMPTON
JBlue wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 7:08 pm
It's called MARKET price! Duhhh get a clue. There are silly people asking $750-850 thinking they are on eBay (market for 16GB in GTA seems to be around $675). But really who is really diluted here?

Trying to get top dollar and letting market/offers dictate their profit? Or YOU the guy who will sell below market for a sucker's commission all the while he just LOCKED 3 more years with ROGERS and gave away EARNED HUP to a stranger???

I don't need to explain to any rational RFD member how silly your proposal will be. Sell away your 16gig iPhone I'll buy it from you for 299+35+tax. Suckers a born every minute but in this case it's not the buyer.
It's amazing how some people take real offense when someone comes by and offers to help out. My contract is fine and I'll live to talk about it. I didn't ask you to validate your reasoning but don't challenge mine. If you consider me a sucker of offering assistance then may all your deals be delightful. I personally wouldn't be a wiseguy on the forum because you never know who you are really communicating with. :cool:
May 28, 2007
743 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Icarus wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 7:44 pm
It's amazing how some people take real offense when someone comes by and offers to help out. My contract is fine and I'll live to talk about it. I didn't ask you to validate your reasoning but don't challenge mine. If you consider me a sucker of offering assistance then may all your deals be delightful. I personally wouldn't be a wiseguy on the forum because you never know who you are really communicating with. :cool:
I offered my critism. You started and LOL rolled eyes because you thought I was being unreasonable listing a iPhone for $675.

I still do NOT see what all that extra work would produce.. what? I broken down how you are doing extra work for something that really does not benefit anyone. Actually by me not giving my opinion I would be doing a dis-service to newbie RFD members. What you are offering in RFD talk is ICE COLD. Maybe you don't mind doing it but why would you expect other RFD members to give up more and get less? That goes against the whole point of bargain hunting!

You idea to have RFD to connect others on iPhone is fine BUT RFD already does that? I commend you on helping someone but you finding MORE people willing to do this will be difficult.

So confused.. YOU seriously would lock and reset your plan for $ 3 years and have no HUP credits for $35 bucks/small fee??? and you expect others to do the same?

The difference with me and you is if after the fact an idea is bad. I will say hey.. maybe you are right. I'm not ignorant enough to LOL roll eyes on someone else and assume they are dumb for listing an iPhone for $675. I would expect others to challenge my ideas. If it's stupid hey tell me so I can learn and move on. This is an internet forum what did you expect?

As for "you never know who you are really.. blah blah blah.." yah save the e-toughguy act for someone that is not over 21 years old. People over 21-think it's silly and real :cool: don't even need to say say that.

Let's move on.. and agree to disagree.. When are you going to get an iPhone? IF you are still selling a 16GB for $299 + 35 + tax and your small fee ($35 according to you right? ok?) then I am down!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 30, 2004
7352 posts
BRAMPTON
JBlue wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 8:49 pm
I offered my critism. You started and LOL rolled eyes because you thought I was being unreasonable listing a iPhone for $675.

I still do NOT see what all that extra work would produce.. what? I broken down how you are doing extra work for something that really does not benefit anyone. Actually by me not giving my opinion I would be doing a dis-service to newbie RFD members. What you are offering in RFD talk is ICE COLD. Maybe you don't mind doing it but why would you expect other RFD members to give up more and get less? That goes against the whole point of bargain hunting!

You idea to have RFD to connect others on iPhone is fine BUT RFD already does that? I commend you on helping someone but you finding MORE people willing to do this will be difficult.

So confused.. YOU seriously would lock and reset your plan for $ 3 years and have no HUP credits for $35 bucks/small fee??? and you expect others to do the same?

The difference with me and you is if after the fact an idea is bad. I will say hey.. maybe you are right. I'm not ignorant enough to LOL roll eyes on someone else and assume they are dumb for listing an iPhone for $675. I would expect others to challenge my ideas. If it's stupid hey tell me so I can learn and move on. This is an internet forum what did you expect?

As for "you never know who you are really.. blah blah blah.." yah save the e-toughguy act for someone that is not over 21 years old. People over 21-think it's silly and real :cool: don't even need to say say that.

Let's move on.. and agree to disagree.. When are you going to get an iPhone? IF you are still selling a 16GB for $299 + 35 + tax and your small fee ($35 according to you right? ok?) then I am down!

First off
JBlue wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 6:39 pm
Pretty silly idea... good luck with that.
You offered your 2cents first. You also read too much into the conversation and made a lot of assumptions. This is something I am willing to do to assist someone who would like the phone. I don't have a need for one and would be paid for my time. The whole process would be quick and painless and not necessarily a hassle. As for the costs, you didn't read all the posts. As for your other comments, strongly worded and obviously not thought out, good on you. This stops now.

Cheers!
May 28, 2007
743 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Icarus wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 9:40 pm
First off
I don't have a need for one and would be paid for my time. The whole process would be quick and painless and not necessarily a hassle.

Cheers!
"..paid for my time." LESS $ then Market Price is Good for the BUYER! Too bad this will only work ONCE as no one on RFD would sell themselves short.

"..process would be quick, painless.." So.. work out a time where both parties would meet @ a Rogers and during retail hours. Park, force to be @ Rogers location. Buyer brings cash. Both wait in line to be helped by Rogers rep. Seller needs to bring up account info and eligibility of HUP upgrade. Both get to hear the speech about, DATA plans, Signing a weaver, adding 3 year term and conditions and any other Roger's required speech and promotions that are going on. Buyer then pays the seller's iPhone bill in front of the Roger's Rep. Make change. Making sure the phone is authentic w/receipt. After leaving the store. Buyer will also do another transaction and pay seller something extra for his time. Does the buyer need to walk the seller to his car too?

OR

Buyer and Seller meet halfway (maybe even after retail hours if need be) from each other. Seller gives you cash. Buyer inspects/gets the phone + receipt (optional - depending on RFD rating). Buyer drive off.

Seller deals with his Rogers bill on his own time..why included the buyer in this transaction? Why add more processes to a simple transaction.

"You also read too much into the conversation and made a lot of assumptions." Please explain it to me if I got it all wrong? I really need to be SOLD on this idea. I'm not getting it.

"Pretty silly idea.. Good luck with that" .. Sorry a good idea then?

ICARUS can you PM when you get the iPhone! What is your "fee" for your time? thanks! ohh I read you are going to sell your phone because no one on RFD has a data cable for your Nokia 8801. ACtually you don't need to do that. Call around.. I'm sure one store in all of GTA will have it in stock. If not eBay has the cable for $1.99!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 30, 2004
7352 posts
BRAMPTON
If anyone wants to do this, let me know. I won't be dealing with this guy for all the above reasons.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
4045 posts
26 upvotes
tonychau wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 12:27 pm
so you will save $35 of the activation fee and no warrantly on the iphone.

hmm... any taker?
do they still charge the $35 activation fee?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 30, 2004
7352 posts
BRAMPTON
henrycao8 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2008 10:13 am
do they still charge the $35 activation fee?

They do. I tried to fight them on it but not happening

Already gave the phone away