None
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1706 posts
176 upvotes
Richmond Hill

iPhone to Samsung Note2 or SIII

Hi There,
So i made a tough decision and went from an iPhone 4 to a Note 2. I’ve been an iPhone guy since iPhone 3 and stuck with it ever since. My recent decision to move to the Note2 is that I wanted something different from what I’ve been using for the last 3 to 4 years. I didn’t get my phone yet, but I can’t help but to feel like apprehensive about my decision. I remember reading in a post about some guy that was an avid iPhone user and made the switch over to Android and he loves it.

Has anyone else made the move from iphone to android, and was it the right move for you?
“My generation? We drink because it’s good. Because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar. Because we deserve it. We drink because it’s what men do.”
Roger Sterling

"I'm so gifted at findin' what I don't like the most" Kanye West

"oh kwa tan zin wan" Riley Martin
31 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15179 posts
759 upvotes
Woodbridge
The little things make a huge difference. That's what I love about android. TBH, I only gave iPhone a chance because I'm a Mac user and gives me advantage with Syncing and access to my iTunes purchases.

One example is swiping left to right to text or call.

I consider myself a basisc user, just imagine what adavance users can do by Rooting & Custom ROM's.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1907 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
well it personal preference...
i change from gs3 to iPhone 5 and so far i like iphone better than gs3

i have to say gs3 does more than an iphone but the battery just won't last even i can do more
so it come down to how each person like it, you can test it out in the store and see what you like first
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1212 posts
58 upvotes
killer007 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 9:17 pm

i have to say gs3 does more than an iphone but the battery just won't last even i can do more
so it come down to how each person like it, you can test it out in the store and see what you like first
u shud try battery life on note II :razz:
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
553 upvotes
killer007 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 9:17 pm

what's the point of going to ip5 from s3 if you care about battery life? Both won't last a day. Note 2 is the phone for you if you care about battery
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1907 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
gilboman wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 6:38 am
what's the point of going to ip5 from s3 if you care about battery life? Both won't last a day. Note 2 is the phone for you if you care about battery
actually ip5 last longer than gs3 cuz of smaller screen and not android...
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1907 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
mizermalice wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:09 am
u shud try battery life on note II :razz:
ahhahah way too big for my taste
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
177 upvotes
frankyflwrs wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 2:06 pm
Hi There,
So i made a tough decision and went from an iPhone 4 to a Note 2. I’ve been an iPhone guy since iPhone 3 and stuck with it ever since. My recent decision to move to the Note2 is that I wanted something different from what I’ve been using for the last 3 to 4 years. I didn’t get my phone yet, but I can’t help but to feel like apprehensive about my decision. I remember reading in a post about some guy that was an avid iPhone user and made the switch over to Android and he loves it.

Has anyone else made the move from iphone to android, and was it the right move for you?
I moved from iPhone 3G to S3 and love it.

S3 with the recent Jelly Bean upgrade allowed my battery to last a few more hours.
When I used my iPhone 3G, I needed to recharge every night.
S3 before Jelly Bean upgrade made me to recharge the phone before my bed time.
Now, S3 with the upgrade matches my iPhone 3G recharge schedule.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9175 posts
803 upvotes
It depends on how much you rely on itunes to organize your image/msuic

If you don't rely on itunes then you will be in heaven, the sheer PnP capability will make it a joy to use
If you do rely on it, then there is samsung kies that kinda does the same thing as itunes

In terms of phones, like other poster said android is way more capable and have more abilities than ios. Widgets and system customization will be a big upgrade for you.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8245 posts
2370 upvotes
Ottawa
Curious about apps. I probably have about $400 worth of apps and games for IOS (some business apps are expensive). If there's an Android port of the app is there a way to migrate the apps from one to the other for free? Dumb question maybe? lol
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Oct 19, 2005
21 posts
2 upvotes
Note 2. It's actually not that big. You will get use to it. It has 2GB of RAM and the battery lasts the whole day. S3 only has 1GB of RAM and battery does not last the entire day.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
553 upvotes
killer007 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:34 am
actually ip5 last longer than gs3 cuz of smaller screen and not android...
well if your phone is disabled and doesn't do half the stuff, it should last longer, but point is, still won't last a day.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2757 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
Went from Ip4 to SIII. So far it's been an okay transition. Not use to the BACK keys and MENU key on the SIII. Also I miss the badges over icons that SIII does not have, but I know I can get with Nova Launcher Prime (4 bucks). Still getting use to the size of the device as I'm sure to using the phone with one hand. Web surfing doesn't feel as smooth as iPhone. When I hit the back key while web browsing, it seems the phone is reloading the page, doesn't it save it in cache? Battery life is about the same, it gets me through the day which is what I need.

Was considering NOTE II, but looks almost comical when you are using it as a phone.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3752 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
I can't speak much about the iphone5 because I don't own one, but as an owner of the Note, (SG3 borrowed from my co-worker for 3 weeks), and currently the Note 2, the Note 2 wins HANDS DOWN due to the awesome battery life! My Note 1 wouldn't even last 5 hours. I am a heavy data and voice user (5 e-mails pushed, youtube streaming, lots of incoming and outgoing calls because it was a business phone), and the Note 2 was the only phone that still had juice left before I went to bed, NOT at the end of the day (5pm)! Go for the Note 2 to have your cake and eat it too!
× < >