• Dec 8th, 2012 1:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7486 posts
385 upvotes
Scarborough
You never have to pay the regular price for the Android popular apps. They go on sales quiet often. I paid $.99 ;)
Irbe wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 1:14 pm
but I know I can get with Nova Launcher Prime (4 bucks).
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
553 upvotes
Menace wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:31 pm
You never have to pay the regular price for the Android popular apps. They go on sales quiet often. I paid $.99 ;)
yup...but i paid 0.25cents for my Nova Prime lol
Sep 23, 2005
315 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
I had the iPhone 3gs for over 3 and a half years. I went to the iPhone 5 for 3 weeks. During those 3 weeks my phone was replaced 3 *the note 2 finally came out and I switched over to it I've been on it for almost a month and I absolutely love this thing. I'm on my second day it's almost 3 p.m. and I still have 47 percent battery life this phone wins hands down
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7486 posts
385 upvotes
Scarborough
+1 good stuff!
gilboman wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 3:12 pm
Sep 23, 2005
315 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
gilboman wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 3:12 pm
yes, that was a very nice sale. That was from Google's celebration of selling 25 billion apps from there App Store. Pretty damn good
Sep 16, 2012
38 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
I was with iPhone 3G and 4 from Sept 2008 until Sept 2012.

I got a Galaxy S3 in September.

I really like my S3. I decided against the iPhone 5 and got an S3 instead. Most days I really don't regret the decision but sometimes I miss iPhone.

S3 / Android Advantages

-being able to download torrents direct to the device (!)
- themes/widgets/loaders
-replaceable/inexpensive battery
-native playback for a ton of video formats - no converting to stupid mp4 all the time
-not HAVING to use iTunes for everything
-great music player apps
- expandable memory!,
- google maps
-can easily download apps online by finding an .apk file,
photosphere in the Android 4.2 camera
-not having to deal with Apple's nanny state approach to everything
-rooting! - currently iOS6 doesn't have a jailbreak available.

but there are definitely some things I really miss about the iPhone...

iPhone advantages

-battery life / reliable and predictable battery life
-operating system stability
- almost no bugs
-much better app selection
-compatability with accessories & speaker docks
-build quality of the device
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9175 posts
803 upvotes
i thought the new apple map is a bug by itself :cheesygri
WoweeZowee wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 5:48 pm
iPhone advantages

-battery life / reliable and predictable battery life
-operating system stability
- almost no bugs
-much better app selection
-compatability with accessories & speaker docks
-build quality of the device
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
1645 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
ExtremeAthlete wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 12:29 pm
Note 2. It's actually not that big. You will get use to it. It has 2GB of RAM and the battery lasts the whole day. S3 only has 1GB of RAM and battery does not last the entire day.
Actually all the North American versions of the S3 have 2 GB's of RAM.
The international version has 1GB of RAM but it has the quad core processor inside vs the NA's dual core
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/url]--------------------------------------
flickr
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
1645 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Nigel wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:53 pm
I had the iPhone 3gs for over 3 and a half years. I went to the iPhone 5 for 3 weeks. During those 3 weeks my phone was replaced 3 *the note 2 finally came out and I switched over to it I've been on it for almost a month and I absolutely love this thing. I'm on my second day it's almost 3 p.m. and I still have 47 percent battery life this phone wins hands down
I had all the versions of the iPhone. From the original to the iPhone 5, had a few android phones in between but never really liked them due to poor battery life (pet peeve).
So once the Note 2 came out with its gigantic 3100 MaH battery I had to try it.
I've never looked back since! Battery life is awesome even with LTE on all day, huge screen is a plus when watching youtube/web surfing and the ability to customize every aspect of the phone.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/url]--------------------------------------
flickr
Sep 23, 2005
315 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
Yup I agree you CAN'T go wrong with a note 2. This things amazing. I even downloaded an auto correcting keyboard. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2495 posts
168 upvotes
I had a iphone 4 for one month back when it was launched, end up returning it as I needed money, and continue on using my HP window phone....

Switch to Xperia (Android) in Nov 2011, it was ok... use it for like 3 months, drop on the ground and broke the damn thing...

Than bought a used iphone 4 and man did I love it... Everything just work! Than I sold it in August 2012 anticipating iphone 5.

When iphone 5 was announced, I was a bit disappointed... But I needed a new smartphone, it was either iphone 5 or SGIII.

I end up getting iphone 5 because of my so-so experience with the Xperia (andriod) and SGIII seems very big...

I really like the iphone 5 so far, very good build quality and thing works very well. Financial reason also made a huge factor in going with iphone5! Apple goods such as iphone and ipad has very high resale value! I had bought both used ipad 2 and used iphone 4, use it for a few months, and was able to sell it easily without a lost!

Now the Nexus 4 came into the playing field, with awesome price point and good feature sets, if i were to do it again, it will definitely be the iphone 5 vs Nexus (not SGIII).

Just my 2 cent...

Note: I been able to charge my iphone5 every 1 or 2 days!
Feb 5, 2007
989 posts
86 upvotes
iPhone 5
Pro - It's like a fully loaded Toyota Camry
Con - It's still a Camry
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1019 posts
69 upvotes
Dieppe
I had the S3 until this evening when I upgraded to the Note 2 (to give my fiance the S3 and I paid very little when upgrading anyway). I love both, really.

He's had a few Android phones before but then went to the iPhone 4. I think this is the phone that he might stick to for a good while, though. He had been thinking of picking one up anyway.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
85 upvotes
Battery on iPhone 5 is just as bad as any android if you have the lte on

Note 2 hands down is the best out of the 3
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3229 posts
144 upvotes
I went from ip4 to note 2. its awesome. the larger screen and battery life. but also having an expandable memory slot is great.
× < >