• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2017 10:07 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes

iPhone & VoIP.ms

Seems I have to choose a soft phone app to use with my iPhone, if I want to use it with VoIP? I am curious what is everyone's favorite choice?
12 replies
Jan 1, 2012
332 posts
47 upvotes
Sainte-Therese
I use csipsimple on Android not sure if it's available for iPhone
May 18, 2008
665 posts
52 upvotes
Scarborough
I've tried a bunch that were recommended, Bria seems to be the best one I've found
Aug 19, 2003
273 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
I use Acrobits, for the callkit integration
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
7775 posts
2220 upvotes
InvalidName wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 7:18 pm
Seems I have to choose a soft phone app to use with my iPhone, if I want to use it with VoIP? I am curious what is everyone's favorite choice?
Groundwire
Please do not PM me for assistance unless it's to reply to a PM I sent. I try to help when I can on the forums. Thank you. OBi200/202 Freephoneline setup guide can be found here (v. 1.50). Related OBi200 discussion can be found here. For OBi202, click here.
May 21, 2015
113 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I use ringcentral but it costs a lot.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks guys. My first app I looked into was Acrobits, but since there is a charge just to get started and it is proprietary, I am now looking at LinPhone instead, as it is open sourced.

Will get back later to tell how it goes... first time getting into this kind of stuff.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes
So , now that I've been tweaking with it this evening... I got LinPhone to work. I can call out through VoIP pretty much anywhere. I also figured out how to register a DID, threw up some funds. Only problem is when ever I call my DID number I only get the Busy signal. I guess I need to configure some more routing, or wait a while.

I'll continue working on with it later on this weekend. Still have a few more things to figure out.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes
Alright, there was a little issue in a server not working, so the sales chat guy ended up fixing it for me and I did a little change on my end. Now I can receive calls... before all people got was busy.

It works, I just have to make sure to leave LinPhone running in the background, because if it is not, people can't even get a ring-tone from me. Has to do with changes in iOS 10, which limits acts that apps can service.

I'll add in voicemail at a later time. For now I'm happy enough.
Banned
Aug 15, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
I've used Fongo for years. It's completely free unless you want to pay for outgoing texts (incoming are free) and long distance calls (nation-wide is free). To purchase credits to use those services is super cheap too, about $2 for outgoing texts per year!
Jul 12, 2005
453 posts
90 upvotes
Peterborough
acentius wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2017 8:30 am
I've used Fongo for years. It's completely free unless you want to pay for outgoing texts (incoming are free) and long distance calls (nation-wide is free). To purchase credits to use those services is super cheap too, about $2 for outgoing texts per year!
+1 for Fongo. The app and call quality are quite good. I use Zoiper to integrate with my voip.ms account for anything that isn't free on Fongo.
Never knock on Death's door. Right the bell and run. Death hates that.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3782 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Use a sip application that has push notifications or electronic your battery will take a toll. Groundwire / Acrobits has push notifications. Bria does not.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
10842 posts
2136 upvotes
InvalidName wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 7:18 pm
I've been using voip.ms with my iPhone for 2 years now to run my multimillion dollar ecommerce biz. I have 4 voip.ms lines that get call forwarded to my iPhone (US & Can toll-free and US & Can city). I have set it up so the lines are replaced at voip.ms with the phone # of the line that is called so that when a business line rings I know immediately that it is a business call by both the type or ring and the name on the display which is my business name and then the country or city line called. I then know to answer with my biz greeting instead of 'Hallo?". I have the # of rings on the iPhone set to 1 more than voip.ms so any unanswered calls go to my voip.ms voicemail not my personal voicemail. If I ever need a caller's # I can just look it up in my voip.ms CDR report. It all works beautifully.

I tried softphone apps but they did not consistently awaken when my biz #'s were called especially if I had an app running in the foreground.