796 upvotes
Montreal
very nice @jkipps !
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Nov 8, 2004
7 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks!

If you're interested I can send you a promo for a month of transcription (I think... )
@Jasonbynight
Voip.ms user and dev for VCML+ on iOS
Nov 2, 2006
20 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
you can transfer your number to fongo as well with one-time payment of $25 I believe.
The connection is not that great but it is free.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1110 posts
516 upvotes
Ottawa
eonibm wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 4:56 pm
Even on the iPhone X I find softphone apps unreliable. I need 5 9's of reliability so I only call forward from voip.ms to my iPhone and never ever have a dropped call.
I have the same experience as eonibm. After infrequent but sufficiently annoying problems with all softphone apps I tried (this was 3 years ago...), I call forward my voip.ms lines to my mobile phone and have never had a problem (apart from not being in good cellphone range, of course). It does increase your per-minute cost, since voip.ms charges for the outbound call to your iphone, but it's small potatoes.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13048 posts
3279 upvotes
Here 'n There
houska wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 8:02 am
I have the same experience as eonibm. After infrequent but sufficiently annoying problems with all softphone apps I tried (this was 3 years ago...), I call forward my voip.ms lines to my mobile phone and have never had a problem (apart from not being in good cellphone range, of course). It does increase your per-minute cost, since voip.ms charges for the outbound call to your iphone, but it's small potatoes.
Yes the cost increases but voip.ms is so cheap its a rounding error on my financial statements.

I also replace the incoming voip line #'s with the associated DID #, which is saved in my contacts. That way I know which incoming call is being forwarded from voip.ms, ie business, and which are direct, ie personal, so I know which greeting to answer with.
Oct 13, 2016
68 posts
55 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
Groundwire just works. I was irritated with the purchase price of the app until I compared my experience to using other apps which inconsistently rang through incoming calls. Now I think the groundwire app cost is a bargain.