• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 10:50 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13218 posts
3418 upvotes
Here 'n There
Groundwire tells me the few second lag between pressing answer and the call being connected so the other party can hear you is normal. I am surprised no one else has reported this anywhere. It's annoying being able to say hello immediately on a direct call to my cell phone vs having to wait if it's a Groundwire call.
Oct 13, 2015
353 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hmm... interesting... I haven't experienced this issue so far. Perhaps I haven't noticed it yet. I'll keep an eye out for this.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13218 posts
3418 upvotes
Here 'n There
iHappy wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 9:11 am
Hmm... interesting... I haven't experienced this issue so far. Perhaps I haven't noticed it yet. I'll keep an eye out for this.
Well if you are looking at the phone and waiting for the counter to start, ie call to connect you perhaps are not in the habit of announcing your name or saying hello until you notice that, but if you are not then if you say hello as soon as you press answer the other party will not hear you. Can you please check that out the next time you receive a Groundwire call and let me know what you experience? Thanks!
Oct 13, 2016
118 posts
99 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
There is a 1-3 second lag On answering the incoming call that I notice on the iPhone.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13218 posts
3418 upvotes
Here 'n There
Badbrad wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 7:21 am
There is a 1-3 second lag On answering the incoming call that I notice on the iPhone.
Groundwire support as advised me that that is typical. You just can't say hello as soon as you press answer like on a directy call as the other party will not hear you. You have to wait a few seconds until the connection is made.
Oct 13, 2016
118 posts
99 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
eonibm wrote: Groundwire support as advised me that that is typical. You just can't say hello as soon as you press answer like on a directy call as the other party will not hear you. You have to wait a few seconds until the connection is made.
Exactly. But the call rings through unlike so many other sip clients
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13218 posts
3418 upvotes
Here 'n There
Badbrad wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 9:51 am
Exactly. But the call rings through unlike so many other sip clients
Yes. I had tried other apps but they were pathetic as many calls never rang through. Therefore I switched to having voip.ms calls call forwarded to my cell phone. The problem with that is that even though ever call rang through without fail there is a lag which creates cross talk and that can be very annoying as you talk over eachother at the start and end of sentences. So, having to wait to say hello is a small price to pay to avoid that crosstalk.