• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 2:03 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14328 posts
4188 upvotes
Here 'n There
Groundwire tells me the few second lag between pressing answer and the call being connected so the other party can hear you is normal. I am surprised no one else has reported this anywhere. It's annoying being able to say hello immediately on a direct call to my cell phone vs having to wait if it's a Groundwire call.
Oct 13, 2015
368 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hmm... interesting... I haven't experienced this issue so far. Perhaps I haven't noticed it yet. I'll keep an eye out for this.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14328 posts
4188 upvotes
Here 'n There
iHappy wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 9:11 am
Hmm... interesting... I haven't experienced this issue so far. Perhaps I haven't noticed it yet. I'll keep an eye out for this.
Well if you are looking at the phone and waiting for the counter to start, ie call to connect you perhaps are not in the habit of announcing your name or saying hello until you notice that, but if you are not then if you say hello as soon as you press answer the other party will not hear you. Can you please check that out the next time you receive a Groundwire call and let me know what you experience? Thanks!
Oct 13, 2016
184 posts
164 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
There is a 1-3 second lag On answering the incoming call that I notice on the iPhone.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14328 posts
4188 upvotes
Here 'n There
Badbrad wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 7:21 am
There is a 1-3 second lag On answering the incoming call that I notice on the iPhone.
Groundwire support as advised me that that is typical. You just can't say hello as soon as you press answer like on a directy call as the other party will not hear you. You have to wait a few seconds until the connection is made.
Oct 13, 2016
184 posts
164 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
eonibm wrote: Groundwire support as advised me that that is typical. You just can't say hello as soon as you press answer like on a directy call as the other party will not hear you. You have to wait a few seconds until the connection is made.
Exactly. But the call rings through unlike so many other sip clients
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14328 posts
4188 upvotes
Here 'n There
Badbrad wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 9:51 am
Exactly. But the call rings through unlike so many other sip clients
Yes. I had tried other apps but they were pathetic as many calls never rang through. Therefore I switched to having voip.ms calls call forwarded to my cell phone. The problem with that is that even though ever call rang through without fail there is a lag which creates cross talk and that can be very annoying as you talk over eachother at the start and end of sentences. So, having to wait to say hello is a small price to pay to avoid that crosstalk.
Jun 22, 2009
738 posts
185 upvotes
Kitchener
Hi there!

I have VoIP.ms on three Android phones in my family.

Now wife decided to switch to iPhone :( and struggle begins...

I'm Android guy and all this iOS sh...tuff is new to me (and I don't like it).

She has iPhone 6s plus, iOS 12. I read that this is a big problem for iOS (dropped sip support) but Groundwire suppose to work.

I paid for the app and got it. It doesn't work!!! Every time phone goes to sleep and I wake it up - I have green dotted line around account name before it goes solid (meaning connecting to the server).

And the same with SMS service - I can get text when screen is on and then nothing!!!!!!! I set forwarding to email and Gmail tells me right away about new SMS...

This stuff drives me crazy!!! Can someone please help me with the set-up? Please!!!
Badbrad wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:49 pm
Groundwire just works. I was irritated with the purchase price of the app until I compared my experience to using other apps which inconsistently rang through incoming calls. Now I think the groundwire app cost is a bargain.
duttypersian wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 4:00 pm
+1 for Groundwire for iOS

It's worth every penny. (14$)

callkit compabitble. I never miss a call. Works in the background. It's smooth. It works!

I used it with voip.ms.
Слава Україні!
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14328 posts
4188 upvotes
Here 'n There
Zhopa wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 12:33 am
I paid for the app and got it. It doesn't work!!! Every time phone goes to sleep and I wake it up - I have green dotted line around account name before it goes solid (meaning connecting to the server).
That is typical with the Groundwire app. Why is that an issue for you? Do calls come in? Can you make calls out? Except for having to wait a few seconds to connect when I get a call the app is great.
Jun 22, 2009
738 posts
185 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks for reply!

I didn't actually check calls, my main objective is text service. I it doesn't work... I receive first message when app is open and running. Then I let phone idle for 5 minutes and after that no texts are coming through but they show up in Gmail app right away (I enabled sms forwarding in VoIP.ms)

So their push service for sms in iOS 12 is broken (at least for me)
eonibm wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 9:26 am
That is typical with the Groundwire app. Why is that an issue for you? Do calls come in? Can you make calls out? Except for having to wait a few seconds to connect when I get a call the app is great.
Слава Україні!
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14328 posts
4188 upvotes
Here 'n There
Zhopa wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 9:32 am
Thanks for reply!

I didn't actually check calls, my main objective is text service. I it doesn't work... I receive first message when app is open and running. Then I let phone idle for 5 minutes and after that no texts are coming through but they show up in Gmail app right away (I enabled sms forwarding in VoIP.ms)

So their push service for sms in iOS 12 is broken (at least for me)
contact groundwire
Jun 22, 2009
738 posts
185 upvotes
Kitchener
Yep, opened ticket already.
eonibm wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 11:38 am
contact groundwire
Слава Україні!
May 14, 2007
303 posts
31 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 7:25 pm
I haven't been able to figure out if I can get SMS on the Groundwire app using voip.ms. Does anyone know? I configured it for my SIP but texts don't come through.

EDIT: Figured it out. It's not enough to enable SMS on voip.ms. On Groundwire you must also go to Accounts | [click on SIP account] | Advanced Settings | Messaging - Simple ON. Then you must also ensure you have a CallerID Number set up on your voip.ms account for the DID. If you are using sub-accounts in voip.ms like I am you must have that Caller ID set under Sub-Accounts | Manage Sub-Accounts | Edit Sub-Account | CallerID Number even though it says Optional beside that box.
Going to try the sms option
Lots of clients use sms to get my attention.

Wtv happened to emails?! Why are people so impatient and lazy?! Cat Face With Tears Of Joy
May 14, 2007
303 posts
31 upvotes
Zhopa wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 6:51 pm
Yep, opened ticket already.
I have an iphone 10. It also worked on an iphone 7.

Perhaps the 6s didn't make the cut in terms of compatibility.
Jun 22, 2009
738 posts
185 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks!
Happy to report - everything works now!
I contacted their support and they said that VoIP.ms sometimes behaves weird :)
So the next day everything started working, even indicator for voicemail with number of messages! (It never worked for me in Zoiper on my Android).

Money well spent even though for full price!

Thanks RFD :)
duttypersian wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 8:38 am
I have an iphone 10. It also worked on an iphone 7.

Perhaps the 6s didn't make the cut in terms of compatibility.
Слава Україні!