Cell Phones

iPhone X (12:01AM PDT) ($1320+)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 9:04 pm
Tags:

Poll: Are you buying an iPhone X?

• Total votes: 645. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

33%
No

25%
You crazy!!!

42%
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1493 posts
193 upvotes
Where do you get the tradein? Do you have to be a customer?
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1583 posts
237 upvotes
Winnipeg
iPhoneSTER wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 4:22 pm
My friend also did not have a reservation or preorder.
He went to Apple store on Sat @ noon and bought and X.
The salesperson said they are releasing preorders than people didn't pick up.
I think that's fair... after so many hours and still not picked up... goes back to general stock for the public.
If you've paid for it already it doesn't go back to the general public, you can miss your pickup window no problem. If you haven't paid for it then it goes back into the system for sale the next day.
Mar 9, 2006
224 posts
3 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 5:12 pm
Where do you get the tradein? Do you have to be a customer?
Would also like to know about how the trade-in on an iPhone 4s (that is cracked) at the Apple Store went for $310?

I have a near mint condition one that I would love to trade in. I only see it going for about $100-$150 on Craigslist for a 16GB device.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1493 posts
193 upvotes
If you don't accept the package from ups, will apple automatically refund you?

If not, can we return it at a store as opposed to shipping it back?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9838 posts
4209 upvotes
Southern Ontario
vivibaby wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:10 am
If you don't accept the package from ups, will apple automatically refund you?

If not, can we return it at a store as opposed to shipping it back?
You will have to wait exactly like shipping it back because the store does the same, they don't refund you right away like store bought phones.

Unless you want to look at Apple products and wait for the blue guy to open the package before starting the process, it's easier/faster to drop it off at the nearest UPS store. In fact, it's more convenient creating a shipping label and doing that with store bought too, unless you want that refund faster.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2404 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
matt_8105 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:18 pm
Would also like to know about how the trade-in on an iPhone 4s (that is cracked) at the Apple Store went for $310?

I have a near mint condition one that I would love to trade in. I only see it going for about $100-$150 on Craigslist for a 16GB device.
I would take those offers!

I was able to pick up iPhone 5 16GB for $75 a piece, mint phones a month ago during the Note promotion.

If they are offering you $150, for a iPhone 4S, that is worthwhile.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5960 posts
863 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 4:42 pm
Most reps don't know about it but they accept cracked phones now as long as it can power on the device. You can ask them to double check or call customer service before you go see them.

I went to 4 stores and none of them knew about this.
Do you have the receipt that shows iphone 4s trade in for $310? Or did you really mean iphone 6s cracked screen?
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14524 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
Disciplinz wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:36 am
Price wise not worth.
It's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it.

Just saw a video on Dubai's richest kid. He has a separate house just for his sneaker collection. He also bought the one and only Bugatti Chiron grand turismo edition for a reported $30 million. Even millionaires baulked at that price.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1953 posts
931 upvotes
Oakville, ON
My online order status with Apple changed to “Processing Items” but I cannot find a clear definition of what this means!? It still shows delivery of Nov 21-28 so even though the status changed it doesn’t seem like I’m any closer to getting the phone...anybody know if “Processing Items” means that I might be getting it any sooner or is it just filler?
Oct 30, 2017
92 posts
16 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:37 am
My online order status with Apple changed to “Processing Items” but I cannot find a clear definition of what this means!? It still shows delivery of Nov 21-28 so even though the status changed it doesn’t seem like I’m any closer to getting the phone...anybody know if “Processing Items” means that I might be getting it any sooner or is it just filler?
Likely just a filler, mine says the same thing but I already got one, so this will likely go back if I cant flip it.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15609 posts
4372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:37 am
when I ordered my airpods earlier in the year it was at 'processing items' stage for like 6 or 7 weeks. That's pretty much the stage right after 'we have received your order'. I think it'll go to preparing for shipment as the next stage.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
12162 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
My order was also to be delivered between November 21 and 28 but I just got shipping notification that it has been shipped from China.
Oct 30, 2017
92 posts
16 upvotes
My CC just got charged, so I think shipping is next! oh what to do with the extra iPhone X hmmm
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10227 posts
3040 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:26 pm
My CC just got charged, so I think shipping is next! oh what to do with the extra iPhone X hmmm
What time did your order go through?