Cell Phones

iPhone X (12:01AM PDT) ($1320+)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 12:20 am
Tags:

Poll: Are you buying an iPhone X?

• Total votes: 648. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

33%
No

25%
You crazy!!!

42%
Jan 29, 2013
649 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:18 am
Received email with UPS tracking information this morning. On the way from ZhengZhou, China. Estimated delivery date is Nov. 15, so looks like it's ahead of schedule from the previous estimate of Nov 21-28.
Same for me.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10012 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:28 am
well that makes 0 sense so it wasn't worth my time to address.
Failure to admit it is more like it. When you spend a good chunk of change it takes a while for peeps to see thru it. Happens in all overpriced products not just the X. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes :facepalm:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15618 posts
4376 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:41 am
Failure to admit it is more like it. When you spend a good chunk of change it takes a while for peeps to see thru it. Happens in all overpriced products not just the X. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes :facepalm:
it's not that. Doesn't matter if it cost $1 or $100k. The phone feels premium

If it doesn't feel premium then what does? A bar of gold?
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Oct 26, 2017
7 posts
My CC got charged but it still shows as Order In Progress. Any idea how long it takes before it changes to Preparing for Shipment?
Oct 30, 2017
92 posts
16 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:41 am
Did you not buy the X? also overpricing is subjective, I think Ferrari is overpriced and there are lot of better cars in that price range, but thats only because I dont have that kind of money. Once I reach that level, who knows, I might actually be driving a Ferrari despite what I might have said earlier, so ya subjective and depending on the situation.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2418 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:04 pm
Did you not buy the X? also overpricing is subjective, I think Ferrari is overpriced and there are lot of better cars in that price range, but thats only because I dont have that kind of money. Once I reach that level, who knows, I might actually be driving a Ferrari despite what I might have said earlier, so ya subjective and depending on the situation.
He's waiting on deals during the holiday season.

I would go Ferrari than a Lambo at that level. Not looking to having a supercar that shares parts with its lower tier families. If I'm paying that much, I want premium proprietary parts.

X is the first phone where it actually feels the OLED is much closer to the glass, as opposed to phones or prior past (android and iOS) or current phones like Note 8/Pixel 2 XL.
Oct 30, 2017
92 posts
16 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:13 pm
He's waiting on deals during the holiday season.

I would go Ferrari than a Lambo at that level. Not looking to having a supercar that shares parts with its lower tier families. If I'm paying that much, I want premium proprietary parts.

X is the first phone where it actually feels the OLED is much closer to the glass, as opposed to phones or prior past (android and iOS) or current phones like Note 8/Pixel 2 XL.
He might get some billing credit during the holiday season netting the cost much lower, I suppose patience pays off in the end.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2418 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:16 pm

He might get some billing credit during the holiday season netting the cost much lower, I suppose patience pays off in the end.
Maybe, I think easier to negotiate off a non-popular phone then enact buyers remorse to swap to the X.

That's what I did to secure the X for $300 off in my renewal plus subsidy waived.

Required patience and having a spare phone to carry you over till you your X.
Oct 30, 2017
92 posts
16 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:29 pm
Maybe, I think easier to negotiate off a non-popular phone then enact buyers remorse to swap to the X.

That's what I did to secure the X for $300 off in my renewal plus subsidy waived.

Required patience and having a spare phone to carry you over till you your X.
ah nice!
Jul 31, 2015
194 posts
60 upvotes
AB
Super_Chicken wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 3:11 am
Actually?

I got in but for Nov 21 to 28th window for space gray
yep nov 3, for both my grey and silver 256's
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14528 posts
1084 upvotes
Toronto
U4LIFE wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:37 pm
yep nov 3, for both my grey and silver 256's
Ballin' out of control!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1954 posts
931 upvotes
Oakville, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:07 am
have you initialized the procurement process over at mujjo yet? Those world class dutch artisans need at least 7-8 business days in order to select choice leathers and handcraft your phone case.
Alas, procurement negotiations have not begun. I’m still torn on the plain vs card sleeve version. Ordered the spigen clear for now.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15618 posts
4376 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:23 am
Alas, procurement negotiations have not begun. I’m still torn on the plain vs card sleeve version. Ordered the spigen clear for now.
it's a legitimate conundrum. You'll be pleased with the spigen clear. Quality case.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Oct 30, 2017
92 posts
16 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:50 am
it's a legitimate conundrum. You'll be pleased with the spigen clear. Quality case.
I got the one with hard edges, bulkier than round edges but more protection :)
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1954 posts
931 upvotes
Oakville, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:05 am
the Zhou eh....

wonder if they're going through Chek Lap Kok these days....
That new factory is “FOXCONN HONGFUJIN PRECISION” according to my UPS notice.

That’s a fujin cool name. And sounds like they needed to up their status level to “Precision” in order to be honoured with the X production....