Cell Phones

iPhone X (12:01AM PDT) ($1320+)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 9:38 pm
Tags:

Poll: Are you buying an iPhone X?

• Total votes: 655. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

33%
No

25%
You crazy!!!

43%
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:55 pm
Back in the days of SAF/GRRF, I would get $50 Good Will credits, which would mean cost of service at - $5 for my plan, so Rogers was paying me to use their service lol.

I miss those days!

I have that same 15 GB Plan with a 2 GB bonus, so 17 a month. After credits, I pay around 90ish, since I have an X and iPad Pro on Rogers and dual device protection plans, one has the bundle.

Rogers had me go into the store and show them that screenshot, which secured me an additional $100 off.

So my cost for the X was $150 from Customer Care + $100 MyRogers Profile so $250 off the X at $999. But I also had my subisidy of $400 waived from my last upgrade. So, $650ish off?
How’d you get them to waive your remaining $400 subsidy?

I guess I’m the worst negotiator in the world because I have no idea how to secure all these extra credits.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2462 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 8:11 pm
How’d you get them to waive your remaining $400 subsidy?
I told them my current phone (prior to X) had been repaired twice and still giving me issues and asked what my options are?

They suggested sending it out for repair through Rogers and I would have to call Rogers stores for a loaner phone. Well, not sure if you know, Rogers offers LG G4s that barely work as loaner, if you can manage to find one.

I told them that none of the stores had viable loaner phones and it seems like my best option is to upgrade but the cost is too steep for me at this time and I am being offered a port credit to Bell/Telus.

I always mention what the point is to being with Rogers at a higher monthly premium (which they love to toot) if they aren't able to take care of me?

Got a manager on the line, he waved his wand, subsidy gone. Low Level Reps can't do much past $100 - $150 in credit.

I don't usually demand for discounts, but rather have them suggest options for me (that I have already pre-determined), make an attempt to exhaust options and make it seem like they have me between a rock and hard place and I need to be bailed out as a loyal Rogers customer.

Usually at the end of the year I tabulate my expenses paid to Rogers using MyRogers profile and break down cost over the 12 months.

Last year, my cost was around $68 and change, for three phone upgrades and a tablet upgrade.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Makes sense

I actually got Rogers to give my gf a free iPhone 8 a few weeks ago because I was going to move her to my corporate plan with telus. We pay $65 per month for her line and she uses more of the 15gb data allotment than I do yet pays way less and has a free iPhone 8.

I can’t threaten to leave because I’m tied in with 2 year plans on my X, iPad and a galaxy tab that I have.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10038 posts
906 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 8:16 pm
I told them my current phone (prior to X) had been repaired twice and still giving me issues and asked what my options are?

They suggested sending it out for repair through Rogers and I would have to call Rogers stores for a loaner phone. Well, not sure if you know, Rogers offers LG G4s that barely work as loaner, if you can manage to find one.

I told them that none of the stores had viable loaner phones and it seems like my best option is to upgrade but the cost is too steep for me at this time and I am being offered a port credit to Bell/Telus.

I always mention what the point is to being with Rogers at a higher monthly premium (which they love to toot) if they aren't able to take care of me?

Got a manager on the line, he waved his wand, subsidy gone. Low Level Reps can't do much past $100 - $150 in credit.

I don't usually demand for discounts, but rather have them suggest options for me (that I have already pre-determined), make an attempt to exhaust options and make it seem like they have me between a rock and hard place and I need to be bailed out as a loyal Rogers customer.

Usually at the end of the year I tabulate my expenses paid to Rogers using MyRogers profile and break down cost over the 12 months.

Last year, my cost was around $68 and change, for three phone upgrades and a tablet upgrade.
So you owe me that extra $100 myrogers since it was my screen shot. :facepalm:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2462 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 8:32 pm
Makes sense

I actually got Rogers to give my gf a free iPhone 8 a few weeks ago because I was going to move her to my corporate plan with telus. We pay $65 per month for her line and she uses more of the 15gb data allotment than I do yet pays way less and has a free iPhone 8.

I can’t threaten to leave because I’m tied in with 2 year plans on my X, iPad and a galaxy tab that I have.
It's worthwhile to keep tabs on this EasyShare Plans.

I was able to get my subsidy waived for my iPad Mini 4, which was around $200 and asked to upgrade to the 10.5" Pro that they just loaded onto the Rogers site.

Sold the 4 to offset cost of the taxes on the 128 Pro 10.5"

They only care about revenue on the account, the don't care about tenure, that spiel falls on deaf ears at Rogers.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10248 posts
3044 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheRock2012 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:42 am
Any one heard of this "Coldgate"?
Where the iphone x doesn't function properly in cold weather?
Great timing on Apple's part of releasing it while winter is going on. :rolleyes:
Alot of RMA'ing going on a week after it's release is quite bad.
Apple has already acknowledge "coldgate" and said it will be fixed in an updated firmware. But now the Green Line of Death has started popping up. That seems to be a hardware issue with the screen and if so, that would be a bigger deal than coldgate.... greengate?!?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
rvs007 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 12:30 am
Apple has already acknowledge "coldgate" and said it will be fixed in an updated firmware. But now the Green Line of Death has started popping up. That seems to be a hardware issue with the screen and if so, that would be a bigger deal than coldgate.... greengate?!?
Lineghazi
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10248 posts
3044 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:46 am
Lineghazi
Ooh, I like that!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
In settings there’s a one handed keyboard option thats hella useful for typing with one handed use

Once you enable the option AND enable another keyboard (say English Canada and the default English US) you’ll see a globe on the bottom left of the keyboard. When you hold the globe you can toggle between both keyboards, emojis, and keyboard orientation (normal, one handed left side and one handed right side)
Firebolt wrote:
Dec 26, 2008
919 posts
37 upvotes
Kane29 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 2:14 pm
Was that a 256GB for $524?
Nope, 64gb Space Grey.
OLYMPIAKOS GATE 7

ΟΣΦΠ Misfits
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1967 posts
936 upvotes
Oakville, ON
My shipping is delayed - the X is still in Zheng Zhou China sitting for the last 4 days with UPS.

So instead of getting it early (was estimated as the 16th) its now looking like its back to the original date of the 21st (which is in the range of 21-28 for delivery when first ordered).

Was excited making the order - then disappointed I didn’t get in on the first wave. Was excited when it looked like delivery would be early - now disappointed again that it won’t be coming early. Arg.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10248 posts
3044 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mine left Anchorage last night so fingers crossed that it will arrive at the UPS depot in the GTA today and be delivered tomorrow (Wed).
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:17 am
My shipping is delayed - the X is still in Zheng Zhou China sitting for the last 4 days with UPS.

So instead of getting it early (was estimated as the 16th) its now looking like its back to the original date of the 21st (which is in the range of 21-28 for delivery when first ordered).

Was excited making the order - then disappointed I didn’t get in on the first wave. Was excited when it looked like delivery would be early - now disappointed again that it won’t be coming early. Arg.
My original delivery date was Nov 15, then got delayed to Nov 16 since it was in korea for more than expected time and now the date is back to Nov 15 ;) so lets see if it gets delivered tomorrow, since I already have the X, I am not so bent solid on the delivery window, either way is fine as long as I get it this week lol
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10248 posts
3044 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:17 am

It's probably on this plane right now heading to Anchorage, AK:
Capture.JPG
Jul 1, 2005
235 posts
35 upvotes
Markham
I ordered two at the same time (Nov. 21-28 delivery ), both were supposed to be delay due operations problems, but got one of two delivered just now.
Last edited by SuperGT on Nov 14th, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)