• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 2:33 pm
Tags:
Mar 31, 2013
112 posts
27 upvotes
Telus EPP Plan is the best...need to have your company on their list...today only...10 GB + 10 GB (2 years)= $65....XR...0 upfront $2.50 x 24 months...the phone works out to $60...so all in $65 + $2.50=$67.50 month for 2 years.
Nov 17, 2019
6 posts
3 upvotes
mmbilly wrote: Telus EPP Plan is the best...need to have your company on their list...today only...10 GB + 10 GB (2 years)= $65....XR...0 upfront $2.50 x 24 months...the phone works out to $60...so all in $65 + $2.50=$67.50 month for 2 years.
should i hold off for a better deal during boxing day.? Do we even get any good electronic deals during Boxing day
Feb 27, 2011
928 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
How safe is this? Not just on Kijiji, but here on RFD there is a constant stream of brand new in box iPhone XR that are being sold by sellers who got the phone on a new contract (typically 2 years).

How high is the risk and how commonly is it that the phone will suddenly get blacklisted in a few months' time or in a years' time when the original seller stopped paying for the contract? What recourse do you have at that time when the phone suddenly turns into a brick?
ManCaveGamer wrote: Got one off Kijiji, bargained around $600, looks brand new
May 31, 2017
174 posts
258 upvotes
Brampton
shyhermit wrote: How safe is this? Not just on Kijiji, but here on RFD there is a constant stream of brand new in box iPhone XR that are being sold by sellers who got the phone on a new contract (typically 2 years).

How high is the risk and how commonly is it that the phone will suddenly get blacklisted in a few months' time or in a years' time when the original seller stopped paying for the contract? What recourse do you have at that time when the phone suddenly turns into a brick?
I am one of those who sold BNIB iPhone XR which i got on edge financing contract from Rogers to another RFDer.

Gave copy of my Rogers agreement with my name and number on it, but I did hide my Rogers account number and my address.
Using that agreement copy, buyer can most definitely be assured of a genuine deal where phone would not be blacklisted.

But all said and done, when we buy a phone off forums/kijiji you are basically trading between taking some risk and paying less money.
For a completely risk free purchase, better to buy full price/get on contract.
Nov 23, 2015
727 posts
403 upvotes
Winnipeg
mmbilly wrote: Telus EPP Plan is the best...need to have your company on their list...today only...10 GB + 10 GB (2 years)= $65....XR...0 upfront $2.50 x 24 months...the phone works out to $60...so all in $65 + $2.50=$67.50 month for 2 years.
This was the only Telus EPP deal that was even close to the plethora of bargains they offered just one year ago. If I was in the market I would have considered this for sure, but the thought of crossing over from Android to iOS is kind of painful now.