• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 10:06 am
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 7, 2016
41 posts
8 upvotes

Iphone xs with freedom

I took iphonexs with 25% off on the plan in October. Reception is really bad at my work place and now i dont see any bars on the service. I was with rogers before hoping that they will give me winback offer but i didn’t receive any call. How do i get out of freedom and take a new plan with fido or rogers.
Please help on how do i save money and get rid of freedom
--------
Now, you cry!
9 replies
Oct 17, 2010
495 posts
241 upvotes
Vancouver
You can just switch provider, port your number and Freedom will send you a final bill with tab balances. Do you have wifi at work?

If you can't get a good plan with Rogers or Fido you might want to check out Public Mobile, chatr or Lucky.
Koodo $50.00 8gb S9+
Virgin Mobile $40 6gb S8+
Public Mobile $38 5gb iPhone 8+
Feb 5, 2019
31 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just give Rogers a call. If you've been with them a long time prior to Freedom then you're still in their system they might offer you a loyalty plan or a winback plan.

You'll need to pay off the remainder of the iPhone XS with Freedom, but then you can use it on Rogers or any other mobile carrier in Canada.

If Rogers doesn't have a plan you like, look at Fido. They run on the same network and usually offer cheaper plans than Rogers when you Bring Your Own Phone.
Last edited by theMediaman on Feb 7th, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Stephen R Clark-
WhistleOut Canada
whistleout.ca

All The Best Wireless Plans, All In One Place.
Nov 30, 2016
105 posts
90 upvotes
Pay off your Tab balance then port out is your easiest bet. Note you will have to pay full MSRP less whatever payments you've already made for the iPhone. Tab plans on Freedom don't work like the ones on Koodo!
[OP]
Apr 7, 2016
41 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks all
Yeah current tab is 1275$ :-(
Been fooled by freedom. Yes i was with rogers for 2+ years. Will call them and see
--------
Now, you cry!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1091 posts
356 upvotes
Hence why most RFDer suggest to try out Freedomobile before switching. Sure your paying 2 cellphone bills but at least you'll know if you have signal. (hindsight)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17456 posts
1635 upvotes
Woodbridge
It takes some luck and alot of patients to be with Freedom. I only know a few that are with them.

For the past year or two I hear how they're expanding their coverage but I just don't buy it.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Oct 20, 2007
102 posts
82 upvotes
Edmonton
bembol wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 9:06 pm
It takes some luck and alot of patients to be with Freedom. I only know a few that are with them.

For the past year or two I hear how they're expanding their coverage but I just don't buy it.
I am very happy with Freedom in Edmonton and I know more than few people that are in the same boat.
Repeating lies only gives huge favour to big 3.
Enjoy your $10 hike from Robellus :)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18392 posts
6481 upvotes
Toronto
VictoryBoyxx wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 2:16 pm
Thanks all
Yeah current tab is 1275$ :-(
Been fooled by freedom. Yes i was with rogers for 2+ years. Will call them and see
How were you fooled by Freedom? Surely they explained to you that leaving early results in an immediate tab payment this punitive.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Oct 14, 2018
74 posts
39 upvotes
It's been 4 months and only now you come to the conclusion that you have little to no bars at work? and Freedom isn't going to work for you?
Unless... you changed jobs recently?