• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2010 10:28 am
Tags:
None
Feb 28, 2009
287 posts
7 upvotes

Iphone4 new activation plan

Whats the best plan around right now($$ for value) and with who? any special deals (this is assuming I can find the phone)? I am a minimal phone user, do not need MAX of everything.

Any and all suggestions appreciated :)

Thanks
9 replies
Feb 28, 2009
287 posts
7 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: New activation is pretty hard to get a good price. Also, just to let me you knows $30/6GB data plan promo ending tomorrow.

Take a look at the Rogers Rententions Thread & Fido Rententions Thread

Good Luck

haha, I saw those threads and didnt find my answer, it seemed everyone already has a contract and is HUP'ing it in those threads...I know I wont get as good a deal as retentions, but whats the best deal out there for new activations??

And thanks for throwing in the 30/6gb deal in there, I knew about it, but I guess the normal deals arnt too too bad. this deal is rogers right? If I find something by tommorow, its def.something to consider, I am sure other deals will follow though..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
The best deal longterm is Rogers. It may not be the best deal upfront, but the retention deals at which you can start asking at 6 months for credits easily beats the competition.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
At one time, I quickly read through the last few pages of the Rogers/Fido/Bell/Telus retention threads and it was rare for people to get anything under $45 for a voice+data retention plan unless they were on Rogers.
(I pay $35 for voice/text/6GB... all the tips have been outlined and recently updated in the Rogers thread)

Funny thing is, I am sure Rogers reps read that thread, but this is how they keep national customer volume, even if it's less than 10% that employ retentions.
Feb 28, 2009
287 posts
7 upvotes
zoolander wrote: At one time, I quickly read through the last few pages of the Rogers/Fido/Bell/Telus retention threads and it was rare for people to get anything under $45 for a voice+data retention plan unless they were on Rogers.
(I pay $35 for voice/text/6GB... all the tips have been outlined and recently updated in the Rogers thread)

Funny thing is, I am sure Rogers reps read that thread, but this is how they keep national customer volume, even if it's less than 10% that employ retentions.

lol, thanks zoolander..How long have you been with rogers? and how many calls did it take for that awessssome plan?
Jan 10, 2004
228 posts
1 upvote
I am not sure if you're currently with Rogers or another provider. But why don't you just buy a plan from someone else? The so-so plans are free. The better negotiated plans will cost you a few bucks. You take over responsibility of the plan and their phone number. If that person has been with Rogers (or another provider) for a few years, you gain their service years. (Which can be used in future negotiations). Only disadvantage is you lose your current number.
Sep 10, 2008
822 posts
28 upvotes
Waterloo
Satyr wrote: I am not sure if you're currently with Rogers or another provider. But why don't you just buy a plan from someone else? The so-so plans are free. The better negotiated plans will cost you a few bucks. You take over responsibility of the plan and their phone number. If that person has been with Rogers (or another provider) for a few years, you gain their service years. (Which can be used in future negotiations). Only disadvantage is you lose your current number.

If you buy a plan from someone else, you would then have to buy the iPhone 4 with no contract ($800 + tax for the 32gb model).

Isn't there a $500 difference between a 3 year agreement and a no contract price?

So then a new activation plan would cost $50 a month and it might even take the full contract period to break even from paying $800 upfront + waiting till contract ends + negociating a retentions deal. In the case of being able to buy an already negociated deal, where would someone be able to start looking?
Nov 15, 2006
307 posts
63 upvotes
My new activation plan is with bell, here is the detail:

$20 (50 minutes+free night and weekend from 9:00pm) + $30 (6G) + $7 (call display) - $5 (bundle discount, I already have bell home phone and internet ) = $52 before tax

Note:

1 you need to pay extra $5 to get the voice mail

2 there is a $35 activation fee
Jan 10, 2004
228 posts
1 upvote
Mysteek wrote: If you buy a plan from someone else, you would then have to buy the iPhone 4 with no contract ($800 + tax for the 32gb model).

Isn't there a $500 difference between a 3 year agreement and a no contract price?

So then a new activation plan would cost $50 a month and it might even take the full contract period to break even from paying $800 upfront + waiting till contract ends + negociating a retentions deal. In the case of being able to buy an already negociated deal, where would someone be able to start looking?

Yes, ideally it's best to buy the ip4 from a provider for 159 or 269. But then you're pretty well stuck with the standard phone package.
Probably best to look for someone who just renewed a 3-yr deal with ip4, but is being transferred out of the country or zone. He might be able to get that package at a discount.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)