iPhones: going from blacklisted to "clear"

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2018 10:13 am
[OP]
Apr 10, 2017
813 posts
269 upvotes

iPhones: going from blacklisted to "clear"

To cut the story short T-mobile USA blacklisted my phone by mistake and has now been "lifted" . I'm with Koodo here and I'm now wondering how long does it take for them to "lift" the ban on my phone?

I tested a Bell and Rogers sim and it seemed to work (weird). I called Koodo to ask what timeline I'm looking at and they cannot answer my question. When asked who can do a manual override they cannot also answer my question

Is there a waiting time on this?
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
If you are able to make calls, send texts, and access the data network on Bell and Rogers, the phone is not blacklisted and may only be blacklisted on the T-Mobile network.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2017
813 posts
269 upvotes
audit13 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 9:15 am
If you are able to make calls, send texts, and access the data network on Bell and Rogers, the phone is not blacklisted and may only be blacklisted on the T-Mobile network.
It's a Koodo problem and they have no idea how to solve it. I was even on conference with a T-Mo rep and a Koodo rep this morning.

The Koodo rep over the phone said it himself, "I cannot find the button to put a check mark" - I'm assuming that will enable the phone.

The saga continues.
Apr 11, 2011
335 posts
84 upvotes
Memramcook
Biscayne05 wrote:
May 31st, 2018 9:57 pm
To cut the story short T-mobile USA blacklisted my phone by mistake and has now been "lifted" . I'm with Koodo here and I'm now wondering how long does it take for them to "lift" the ban on my phone?

I tested a Bell and Rogers sim and it seemed to work (weird). I called Koodo to ask what timeline I'm looking at and they cannot answer my question. When asked who can do a manual override they cannot also answer my question

Is there a waiting time on this?
If you can use the phone, it seem like it is not blacklisted, like audit13 said. Try a another Koodo sim card. Might be your sim card is defective.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2017
813 posts
269 upvotes
Problem solved. 2 possible solutions, I just dont know which one worked:

1. was with online chat through FB - said the last ditch effort was through fraud and security. I don't know exactly how/why
2. was able to escalate it to the "highest level" and apparently Wind Mobile had blocked a bunch of iPhones before (was using it with Wind then Koodo) - so the 3 providers had to talk (wind with T-Mo, then T-mo to Koodo, something like that)

Anyway, I would just advise anyone who's got a complex issue with Koodo/Telus to get it escalated immediately rather than the Tier 1 level guys. I'm befuddled on how the guy yesterday could not escalate it to anyone else. Seemed like he was content on telling me "I dont know:" in a nicer way
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1708 posts
481 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 11:54 pm
Problem solved. 2 possible solutions, I just dont know which one worked:

1. was with online chat through FB - said the last ditch effort was through fraud and security. I don't know exactly how/why
2. was able to escalate it to the "highest level" and apparently Wind Mobile had blocked a bunch of iPhones before (was using it with Wind then Koodo) - so the 3 providers had to talk (wind with T-Mo, then T-mo to Koodo, something like that)

Anyway, I would just advise anyone who's got a complex issue with Koodo/Telus to get it escalated immediately rather than the Tier 1 level guys. I'm befuddled on how the guy yesterday could not escalate it to anyone else. Seemed like he was content on telling me "I dont know:" in a nicer way
I'm impressed you were able to organize a conference call with T-Mo and Koodo, given you usually have to wait to talk to CSR
[OP]
Apr 10, 2017
813 posts
269 upvotes
notfromqc wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2018 8:09 am
I'm impressed you were able to organize a conference call with T-Mo and Koodo, given you usually have to wait to talk to CSR
The Koodo rep wanted a shouting match over the phone and wanted to prove me wrong, so I obliged. He was the one who suggested it, I said ok.

It got hilarious when the T-Mo rep told him "Yes, the problem is Koodo"