--- IPTV on AMAZON FIRESTICK 4K ---
so far only a few iptv apk's are working on the 4k version.
and there are a few ways to install apks. the most common are below. you must have unknown sources and adb debugging on in your stick settings.
1. downloader app from amazon store under utility
2. es file explorer app from amazon app store under utility
3. via adblink app HERE type in your firestick ip in the ad hoc field and press connect. then click install apk and select the apk you want to push and install to the stick. in some OS's it will not show what you are typing. this is a known bug.
took me a few hours to figure thingsnout and find it.
but for all of you who got that firestick 4k deal on black friday.
this is the only version of stb emu i found that works on the 64bit 4k stick.
some changes will need to be done for stb emu to work properly.
1. aspect ratio be default is zoomed and stretched. change this to auto.
2. turn on max connections and set to 15 for generic and ajax. if you leave disabled the start up portal loading takes ages.
3. I am using LJK as the default player. switching between that and EXO. can't really notice a difference yet.
anyways that's what i learned so far. if anyone has anything else to add please do.
--- confirmed working. ---
stb emu version 18.104.22.168 pro (anything previous will not open after install) DOWNLOAD HERE
ok2 APK FINAL (all previous versions are not working) (works but limited function due to firestick remote lacking buttons) DOWNLOAD HERE
Bell FIbe (fully supported in amazon app store)(locked to canada)
crave tv (fully supported in amazon app store)(locked to canada)
netflix (fully supported in amazon app store)(multiple region lock versions)
twitch (fully supported in amazon app store) (not region locked)
PLUTO (fully working) (channels will depend on ip region you are in)
shaw freerange fully working) (must activate on shaw ip on first activation. after that you can open anywhere) download link is below.
--- not tested ---
gse smart iptv
--- confirmed not working ---
rogers ignite tv (tried apk extracting and installing. installs fine. loads fine. fails to authenticate)
shaw freerange tv (same as rogers above.)
ill test more when i have the chance... unless others can test and post here their findings.
also i was playing around with different regions of the amazon app store.
smart dns will work for amazon prime. however you will need to make sure a few things are done . BEFORE you power on the device,
1. smart dns has to be set in network settings at the router level. this can be set at the device level but will add more steps and make things confusing later.
2. 1 click payments must be enabled in your amazon account settings.
3. country region settings must be applied in content and devices preferences in the matching region page....
IE if you want US prime. go to usa page.. www.amazon.com then Digital content and devices then preferences and then Country/Region Settings.
i have found the best way to get around this is set vpn at the router level and to redirect all dns requests from 22.214.171.124 to your vpn dns or smartdns provider.
126.96.36.199 is hardcoded into the firestick. vpns installed from the amazon app store on the device will not change streaming regions at all. only web browsing.
if you mess up at any point above it can lead to things no loading. things no downloading or installing or things completely missing from the home page.
to rectify this you can do 2 of the following things...
1. reset your firestick
2. in device settings go to applications - manage installed apps... and for every version of app you have already downloaded or every amazon app you will need to click on clear cache and clear data. some apps will require a complete uninstall and re download from the proper store. such as netflix. from what i have noticed there is 2 multiple region specific versions of this app which do not play with other region titles. someone else can confirm this... but from what i have tested.... if you download the CAD version and switch dns or vpn to USA and open the app. yes it will load titles but when you click on them they will not load.
sigh... anyways have fun and share your findings.