• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2015 1:32 am
Tags:
Jul 10, 2008
299 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto

IPTV or Android box vs other options?

Sorry if this is a redundant post. I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific.

My parents enjoy watching south asian television and I would like to purchase IPTV or an Android box for them. I have no idea how to go about this. In fact, I don't even know if IPTV is different than an android box? I have a few questions and if anyone has any information, that would be great! I really appreciate everyone's help.

1) Is it okay to buy these off Kijiji?
2) Most of them say $15 per month. Is this legit? If it works from the internet, what am I paying the $15 per month for?
3) What's the difference between IPTV or Android TV?
4) An electrician told me that if I get IPTV, then I'll have to get a monthly subscription but if I get an Android box, I can set it up myself, and won't have to pay anything monthly?
5) What's the best option out there? I'd like to get a south asian channels, but wouldn't like to limit it to just those. I'd like sports, movies, etc, everything else as well since this will be replacing my current Rogers contract.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
3379 posts
710 upvotes
North Etobicoke
For your parents go with IPTV. With the andriod box they will have to search for channels thru different app, very frustration for older folks, but it free once the setup the apps. With IPTV you chooses a movie section and then choose Hindi, Tamil, English etc, and that kind of movie shows up or you choose TV and find your channels

1. I bought mine off Kijji.
2. You pay for the access to channels, it would be best if you have unlimited internet.
3. Android Free but you have to search for channels imo.
4. Electrician is correct.
5. Sent my contact by PM, you don't have to use him, they all offer the same. It's all about customer service. I found him thru kijji ad
Jul 10, 2008
299 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Menthol wrote: For your parents go with IPTV. With the andriod box they will have to search for channels thru different app, very frustration for older folks, but it free once the setup the apps. With IPTV you chooses a movie section and then choose Hindi, Tamil, English etc, and that kind of movie shows up or you choose TV and find your channels

1. I bought mine off Kijji.
2. You pay for the access to channels, it would be best if you have unlimited internet.
3. Android Free but you have to search for channels imo.
4. Electrician is correct.
5. Sent my contact by PM, you don't have to use him, they all offer the same. It's all about customer service. I found him thru kijji ad
Thank you for your reply and PM.

Do you know about the technical specifications and which model/company is a good one? There are many of these boxes out there with many different specs.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
3379 posts
710 upvotes
North Etobicoke
raptor21 wrote: Thank you for your reply and PM.

Do you know about the technical specifications and which model/company is a good one? There are many of these boxes out there with many different specs.
no idea, I went with what was offered.
Dec 23, 2014
65 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Looks for an android box that has 2 gigs of ram.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)