Computers & Electronics

IPTV - how to set it up? (beginner questions)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2017 10:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1351 posts
2332 upvotes
Laval
does anyone have the exact channel list of crown?
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9526 posts
914 upvotes
very impressed with setvnow, the channels are instant
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6045 posts
148 upvotes
ktokes12 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 11:01 pm
Overpriced you can get a box with 2gb ram and 16gb memory for the same price.
Where?.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Feb 17, 2017
124 posts
19 upvotes
Rlcky wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 11:27 pm
does anyone have the exact channel list of crown?
There's too many versions and channels to get an exact channel list. Get a 1 hour trial if you can from a reseller
Ask me and if I don't already know I'll find someone who does - " it's who you know that matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable "
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12051 posts
2164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Anyone know how to customize android boxes (m9s in particular) to show each stb emulator profile as its own icon?

On my shield running nougat each of my 2 iptv streams show as their own icon in my suggestions (top) bar. But on both my mxq pro (running 5.1) that I returned and my new m9s pro running 6.0, the stb emulator just shows as one icon and there's no option to have a 'suggestions' row to list each stb profile as it's own icon.

Basically the stb emulator on my m9s just connects to the last profile that was accessed. If anyone has this desired setup on a non-shield I'd be interested to know how to go about configuring it. Seems like it might just be something I can only get on actual android tv software (which I think is only available on the shield)
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6206 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
anyone else looking to split a smoothstream or vader sub msg PM
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Dec 13, 2006
51 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:00 am
Anyone know how to customize android boxes (m9s in particular) to show each stb emulator profile as its own icon?

On my shield running nougat each of my 2 iptv streams show as their own icon in my suggestions (top) bar. But on both my mxq pro (running 5.1) that I returned and my new m9s pro running 6.0, the stb emulator just shows as one icon and there's no option to have a 'suggestions' row to list each stb profile as it's own icon.

Basically the stb emulator on my m9s just connects to the last profile that was accessed. If anyone has this desired setup on a non-shield I'd be interested to know how to go about configuring it. Seems like it might just be something I can only get on actual android tv software (which I think is only available on the shield)
I'm not sure if that's possible. Well it might be with some hacks but I'm not sure. The reason why you can have the profiles show up on the Shield or other Android TV-based devices (like some TVs) is that it's a feature called Recommendations that is only available for the Android TV OS (not to confuse it with Android TV boxes that run regular Android). If you look at the STBEmu settings there's an option to enable Android TV suggestions/recommendations. So I'm not sure if you can add those to regular Android because it doesn't support that feature.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12051 posts
2164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
kanarico wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 5:28 pm
I'm not sure if that's possible. Well it might be with some hacks but I'm not sure. The reason why you can have the profiles show up on the Shield or other Android TV-based devices (like some TVs) is that it's a feature called Recommendations that is only available for the Android TV OS (not to confuse it with Android TV boxes that run regular Android). If you look at the STBEmu settings there's an option to enable Android TV suggestions/recommendations. So I'm not sure if you can add those to regular Android because it doesn't support that feature.
Thanks for the advice. I'll mess around with the settings and see what I can come up with.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Jan 15, 2013
506 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
Guys, which service/box should I go with?

I want a box that's "future proof". Willing to spend up to 150 but I would need some convincing

My special channel requirements are (this is assuming the provider already has north american channels w/ sports) :

European sports channels like Eurosport, Sky Sports and BEIN

South Asian Channels particularly Filipino channels

I'm here assuming I'll only pay $15 btw. I'm lost on as to how some people have multiple providers (?) or you can get as much as you want?

TIA
Feb 17, 2017
124 posts
19 upvotes
It's not easy to find future proof anything these days

Try the Nvidia shield if you are so concerned. It's bit as difficult as it seems to choose a box
You want atleast 2gb of ram, 8gb or hdd space, Octocore processor, 5ghz wifi capable and 10/100/1000 ethernet if available

T95Z PLUS Android Box has all of these . There are others too but you have to search on amazon.

As for channels there's resellers who can help you there. The guy I deal with has 3 different options for example. The resellers can help you make this decision better I think. Because on this forum everyone has their own opinion

Goodluck

Leo
Ask me and if I don't already know I'll find someone who does - " it's who you know that matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable "
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12051 posts
2164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
If you only have one box and are concerned with future proofing, pay the $300 for a shield. If you're only using the box for iptv then just get a mag box

If you only have one stream, get something reliable. I'd get a trial of crown and voodoo and pick the one that you prefer the most.
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12051 posts
2164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I was so impressed from my 2 day trial of reustv that I signed up for a month @ $15USD. If the stream is reliable I'll probably grab a 6 month membership @ $50USD. The good thing about this is that I can stream from basically all my devices. Kodi/VLC on my android boxes and GSE IPTV app on my iPhone/iPad/Apple TV.
Firebolt wrote:
Jan 12, 2017
72 posts
2 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 12:22 pm
I was so impressed from my 2 day trial of reustv that I signed up for a month @ $15USD. If the stream is reliable I'll probably grab a 6 month membership @ $50USD. The good thing about this is that I can stream from basically all my devices. Kodi/VLC on my android boxes and GSE IPTV app on my iPhone/iPad/Apple TV.
Does "reustv" support Mag boxes? thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12051 posts
2164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
ionian wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 2:31 pm
Does "reustv" support Mag boxes? thanks
I don't think so. But it looks like Vader streams does support mag boxes. Vader is similar to reustv
Firebolt wrote:
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel