Computers & Electronics

IPTV - how to set it up? (beginner questions)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2017 10:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1351 posts
2332 upvotes
Laval
Leonidas wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:58 am
Crown
how much cost per year or month? do they have 24h trial?
Feb 17, 2017
124 posts
19 upvotes
Rlcky wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:06 am
how much cost per year or month? do they have 24h trial?
I got 6 months for $75
OR $20/month if you do 1 month at a time
Don't purchase more than 6 months at a time with any server! My reseller wouldn't let me buy more than 6 months, he does not recommend you purchase more than 6 months as a rule of thumb with all iptv.
Ask me and if I don't already know I'll find someone who does - " it's who you know that matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable "
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1351 posts
2332 upvotes
Laval
Leonidas wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:23 am
I got 6 months for $75
OR $20/month if you do 1 month at a time
Don't purchase more than 6 months at a time with any server! My reseller wouldn't let me buy more than 6 months, he does not recommend you purchase more than 6 months as a rule of thumb with all iptv.
can you send me his contact please
Feb 17, 2017
124 posts
19 upvotes
Rlcky wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:27 am
can you send me his contact please
I just sent you a message.
Ask me and if I don't already know I'll find someone who does - " it's who you know that matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable "
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12051 posts
2164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
skamal wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:28 am
My reseller that sells iptvsubs,startv,bluesky now has voodo as well for $10.00 a month with no minimum purchase

Cheapest I found so far
Pm me or you can find him on kijji
I use him for iptvsubs. But voodoo for $10 per month? Damn....how is that even possible?

Edit - I can see how this would be financially viable but it would take substantial volume to make a tangible amount of profit as the profit margin would be high but the actual profit per month of subscription would be relatively low.
Last edited by nasa25 on Mar 20th, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Jun 18, 2015
24 posts
1 upvote
Leonidas wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:58 am
It amazes me how many people are becoming resellers. Its only a matter of time before the crack down on resellers begins.
It's good for consumers who gets good rate if there is competition between resellers

At the end of the day the service is all same wether it's 20$ or 10$ people can save money

Iptv providers will be a target as there are many to begin with.
Feb 17, 2017
124 posts
19 upvotes
skamal wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:37 am
It's good for consumers who gets good rate if there is competition between resellers

At the end of the day the service is all same wether it's 20$ or 10$ people can save money

Iptv providers will be a target as there are many to begin with.

yes good for good rates for us consumers. However, so many people have messaged me about resellers who disapear or take their money and go. My friends and coworkers included. I hope that doesn't happen to anyone.
Jun 18, 2015
24 posts
1 upvote
Leonidas wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:46 am
yes good for good rates for us consumers. However, so many people have messaged me about resellers who disapear or take their money and go. My friends and coworkers included. I hope that doesn't happen to anyone.
That's why I tell everyone to buy for a month and not to commit longer than that.

My reseller prices for a month and he doesn't have any discount if you buy more than a month since already low price of 10$

Anyway I put it out there if anyone wants to take a shot.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12051 posts
2164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
As a rule of thumb I wouldn't buy more than 3 months at a time unless the 6 month deal (overall) is barely more than the 3 month deal.

I.e reustv has 3 months for $35 usd, 6 months for $50. For an extra $15 usd, I'll take the chance.

Also if you're dealing with an online seller, use a credit card that has a small limit (to minimize fraud exposure).
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Nov 27, 2003
20 posts
New Westminster
This is a great thread, learning a lot about IPTV. We just cut our cable the other day and our bill will go from $170/mo > $90/mo (primarily Internet) but now we need some other way to watch South Asian shows and other things that may pop-up that are interesting. Is there a comprehensive list of sites that resell services? I've visited a few from the various posts (reustv.net, siptv101.com) - but why wouldn't I just buy a Jadoo TV with one-time fee?
Feb 17, 2017
124 posts
19 upvotes
beemer wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:33 pm
This is a great thread, learning a lot about IPTV. We just cut our cable the other day and our bill will go from $170/mo > $90/mo (primarily Internet) but now we need some other way to watch South Asian shows and other things that may pop-up that are interesting. Is there a comprehensive list of sites that resell services? I've visited a few from the various posts (reustv.net, siptv101.com) - but why wouldn't I just buy a Jadoo TV with one-time fee?
I'd be careful of the one time fee. Jadoo is limited in the channels and I heard from friends it's not that reliable. It's choppy at times. You can get an IPTV Box and subscribe to many more channels than south Asian only for less.
Nov 27, 2003
20 posts
New Westminster
That's what I'm thinking. Picked up the MXQ-4K box (Android with Kodi pre-installed) from Memory Express but of course, read the reviews after the fact and it seems like a poor choice.
Feb 17, 2017
124 posts
19 upvotes
It will suffice for now.
My personal recommendation is you plug it into your modem or router with an ethernet cable and avoid wifi. It will be smoother. I also look for 2gb ram and 16gb hdd space. Octocore processor is also a nice to have if possible. Anyway you should be fine for the time being.
Nov 27, 2003
20 posts
New Westminster
Can you suggest boxes with the specs you suggested?
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12051 posts
2164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
beemer wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:47 pm
That's what I'm thinking. Picked up the MXQ-4K box (Android with Kodi pre-installed) from Memory Express but of course, read the reviews after the fact and it seems like a poor choice.
The mxq is fine but it's slow. For streaming iptv it'll do the job, but the portals and channel lists will probably take quite awhile to load

Leelbox m9s pro has 2gb/16gb/octacore and I think the T95Z plus does too.

The leelbox is $130 from Amazon. I think the T95Z is around $100.

If you only have one box in your house my recommendation is to get a shield for $300 as the user experience is so much better. Then for the bedrooms get an inexpensive android box like the ones mentioned in this thread.

Or you could just get a mag 254 or 256 box if all you care about is streaming iptv.

Oh and reustv is just English and sports channels pretty much so that wouldn't be what you're looking for based on your post
Last edited by nasa25 on Mar 20th, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Firebolt wrote:
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel