Computers & Electronics

IPTV - how to set it up? (beginner questions)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2017 12:57 am
Tags:
None
Feb 17, 2017
133 posts
21 upvotes
T95Z PLUS is my favorite
Ask me and if I don't already know I'll find someone who does - " it's who you know that matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable "
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12095 posts
2174 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Leonidas wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:13 pm
T95Z PLUS is my favorite
I wonder how this compares to the m9s pro. Specs are the same. The software on the m9s pro is so wonky. I hate it. I had a better user experience with the mxq pro at half the specs and 40% of the price. Things just took longer to load.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Feb 17, 2017
133 posts
21 upvotes
I take off all apps I won't use including the gui/interface and put my own stuff on.
Ask me and if I don't already know I'll find someone who does - " it's who you know that matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable "
Feb 17, 2017
133 posts
21 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:17 pm
I wonder how this compares to the m9s pro. Specs are the same. The software on the m9s pro is so wonky. I hate it. I had a better user experience with the mxq pro at half the specs and 40% of the price. Things just took longer to load.
T95Z PLUS has a faster processor
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12095 posts
2174 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I've pretty much done that with the m9s pro. I uninstalled the garbage build they had and then installed krypton and my own addons. A few of the addons just aren't working well (like my smoothstreams addons which takes like a minute to load compared to about 2 seconds on my shield running krypton). Then time time zone issue on my stb emulator portal streams is a major piss off as well.

I'm also probably more annoyed because on a $55 box I can forgive shortcomings a lot more than on a $130 box.
Last edited by nasa25 on Mar 20th, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Feb 17, 2017
133 posts
21 upvotes
That's odd. Never had those issues
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12095 posts
2174 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Leonidas wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:35 pm
T95Z PLUS has a faster processor
Don't they both have the s912 octacore a53?
Firebolt wrote:
Nov 27, 2003
20 posts
New Westminster
Leonidas wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:13 pm
T95Z PLUS is my favorite
So are you buying locally (wherever you are located) or through AliExpress/Bangood or a host of other Chinese distribution sites?

Is this the one you're talking about?

T95Z on AliExpress
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12095 posts
2174 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Express is actually much better than voodoo. So many voodoo channels that don't work, Spanish/Arabic subtitles on English channels, English channels without subtitles in the Dutch section (lol), Toronto ctv/CBC channels playing the exact same thing as Alberta ctv/CBC channels (guide says big brother but oh, ET Canada, nice timeshifting fail when I want to watch big bro), channels that are streaming the wrong thing (CBC streaming ctv)

Express is down more often but at least the channels are what they say they are and are actually working. I hope Crown is better. Going to grab a trial on the weekend.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 17, 2017
133 posts
21 upvotes
beemer wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 6:17 pm
So are you buying locally (wherever you are located) or through AliExpress/Bangood or a host of other Chinese distribution sites?

Is this the one you're talking about?

T95Z on AliExpress
Local from reseller
Feb 26, 2004
14 posts
2 upvotes
What do you guys find best to control STB Emulator? I really like how it works, but I find navigating around (on my nvidia shield at any rate) a real pain. I'm considering trying to re-map all the "controller" buttons on my shield gaming pad, but I'm not sure I'll like that in the end.

I see Infomir has a "Magic Remote" app for iphone/android that is supposed to communicate with your MAG box over wifi; does this also work with the STB Emulator, and does it work well?

I was also considering getting something like this:

Any experience with an air mouse and nvidia Shield? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12095 posts
2174 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I just use the circular pad and back arrow button on my shield remote for stb emulator.
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6209 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:16 pm
Express is actually much better than voodoo. So many voodoo channels that don't work, Spanish/Arabic subtitles on English channels, English channels without subtitles in the Dutch section (lol), Toronto ctv/CBC channels playing the exact same thing as Alberta ctv/CBC channels (guide says big brother but oh, ET Canada, nice timeshifting fail when I want to watch big bro), channels that are streaming the wrong thing (CBC streaming ctv)

Express is down more often but at least the channels are what they say they are and are actually working. I hope Crown is better. Going to grab a trial on the weekend.
Let me know how Crown sub is, I think I will switch to that once my Vodoo sub is up next month. Looking to narrow it down to 2-3 subs hopefully Crown or Express, Vader and Smoothstreams.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Feb 26, 2004
14 posts
2 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 12:31 pm
I just use the circular pad and back arrow button on my shield remote for stb emulator.
That works mostly for me too, but how do you work with the EPG? I really like the EPG view as opposed to the channel-by-channel view - I have even mapped the EPG button to the voice-search button on the shield remote, but it doesn't seem to work properly. I can open the EPG, scroll through, but I can't click on the channel to watch. The weird thing is if I go back in time, and choose a time-shifted recording (from iptvexpress) I can click to select the option in the EPG, but I can't do this to switch to the channel "live".

And even if I want to watch something pre-recorded, I can select it and start watching no problem, but I have no way of fast forwarding, pausing or rewinding that I know of. Again, I was considering remapping each and every option to a button on the game controller, but that seems like a lot of work and a lot of memorizing buttons :P
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12095 posts
2174 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Neovingian wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 1:07 pm
Let me know how Crown sub is, I think I will switch to that once my Vodoo sub is up next month. Looking to narrow it down to 2-3 subs hopefully Crown or Express, Vader and Smoothstreams.
Will do. I'll probably keep voodoo as I can get a pretty good deal on it. My long term game plan is:

Express
Voodoo
Crown
Reustv
Smoothstreams
Iptvsubs

I'm looking at around $60 a month for this. I could probably get away with like only half of these but $60 per month on iptv plus a $75 internet plan is still less than I was paying to cogeco for basically nothing.
Last edited by nasa25 on Mar 21st, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firebolt wrote:
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel