• Apr 13th, 2005 6:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6327 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
welll i never really watched this watered down version except on Sunday i said i'll sit through it.It's really irritating.
After hearing and seeing the judges ***** and whine about marios dish not tasting chocolate and they still gave him the win i realized just why i never watch the series.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
Regarding Morimoto, yeah, the TV commercial is out. So it's confirmed that it's Rob Feenie vs Morimoto.
trini wrote:welll i never really watched this watered down version except on Sunday i said i'll sit through it.It's really irritating.
After hearing and seeing the judges ***** and whine about marios dish not tasting chocolate and they still gave him the win i realized just why i never watch the series.
Agreed. I have no good thing to say about the judges. Some of the regular actors and whatnot, ok. But that supposed-to-be food critic lawyer fat ass. I just despise the guy... *shrug*
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
ironchefff wrote:Original Japanese Version of Iron Chef for life.
My personal favorite is Morimoto but I like Kobe too for his hilarious jokes.
Yeah...I only watch IC:A because there's always the possibility of Flay losing....
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
Just watched tonight's episode.... Turned out (I was very surprised too!) Rob Feenie cleaned Morimoto's house in this challenge. :-0

too bad Marnie didn't make it to the trip. :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
NDman wrote:Just watched tonight's episode.... Turned out (I was very surprised too!) Rob Feenie cleaned Morimoto's house in this challenge. :-0

ya, go canada
For Sale:

HEATWARE
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5101 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster
NDman wrote:Just watched tonight's episode.... Turned out (I was very surprised too!) Rob Feenie cleaned Morimoto's house in this challenge. :-0

I was pretty surprised by the outcome.

Granted...I only tuned in at 9:54. I have a midterm so I wanted to know the outcome and the score. Imagine my surprise when Feenie wiped the floor with Morimoto! I always thought Feenie wouldn't be able to step up with the pressure of having to cook 5 courses in 1 hr, and thought that Morimoto's experience would make him the best of the three ICs. Turns out I was wrong on both accounts!

I don't really like Feenie's cooking style though -- super unhealthy :razz: He even drizzled duck fat over his salad once....of course it tastes good -- it's so good it's killing you! :lol:
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
Morimoto is still a superb chef based on what I've seen about him on TV. Feenie trumped him today. But I was surprised Feenie beat him so much by Originality. I first thought he was brewing his own disaster for creating a sushi type dish as the appetizer, basically shoving it right up Morimoto's nose. I guess it paid off because Morimoto didn't make sushi.
felixdd wrote:I don't really like Feenie's cooking style though -- super unhealthy :razz: He even drizzled duck fat over his salad once....of course it tastes good -- it's so good it's killing you! :lol:
And that's why I like him a lot. Butter, confit, hahahaha. All good stuff. :cheesygri
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
crap I totally forgot!!! instead I was watching a bunch of idiots play a crappy all-star game except for the one play VC made. :mad:

going to see if i can download this
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1416 posts
23 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:crap I totally forgot!!! instead I was watching a bunch of idiots play a crappy all-star game except for the one play VC made. :mad:

going to see if i can download this

yes... where can i download this from.???
I want to see this!
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
I think they re-run the Sunday episode every Wednesday. Not too sure of the time though
Jan 22, 2005
356 posts
PennyArcade wrote:I really like the "good eats" host doing the commentary, but the floor guy (can't remember his show's name... the drinking dude) really sucks. I hope they have started improving since I saw the first few battles (Japanese Iron Chefs were competing).

Also, the whole atmosphere isn't the same in the US version as it was in the Japanese version.

I personally thought that Morimoto was the worst of the bunch of Japanese Iron Chefs. Best was definately Chen Kenichi... then tie between Kobe and the French chef (damn, can't remember that name too!).
Alton Brown was a good host but I think they need another person to play off what they think the chefs are cooking. Like Fukui san. Kevin Braunch is just awful. I think he should just stick to his Thirsty Traveler thing. He doesn't know anything about food.

I used to watch Iron Chef diligently before. I enjoyed all there cooking but I find Hiroyuki Sakai and Chen kenichi to be the best of the Iron chef. I like Morimoto because he got the most challenge because of his neo japanese cuisine when he would fuse different type of cooking in his japanese cuisine. He was working at Nobu when he was taping Iron chef so he had to be more creative as the establishment in Japan regarded him as an outsider.

I don't know where ICA got their tasters. They are just terrible and don't seem to have much knowledge in food. If the tasters are better, then the ICA series will get better.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
Sting wrote:Like Fukui san.
Fuku san, or however you spell it, is the main commentator (not doc, but the main guy). His name is Oto (Kevin Braunch's role)
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
Man I never ended up watching any of these except for the Ming Tsai vs Bobby Flay. Anyone seen these floating on the net?
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
Degenerate wrote:Man I never ended up watching any of these except for the Ming Tsai vs Bobby Flay. Anyone seen these floating on the net?
They have been re-running for the past 3 weeks or so. The battle between Feenie and Morimoto was pretty good actually. No idea where to find them online. Good luck
Nov 26, 2003
301 posts
1 upvote
Did they release a series of Iron Chef America onto DVD or VHS?

I don't have the Food Network, but I do have a $10 giftcard from direct energy for blockbuster...
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2003
1140 posts
53 upvotes
Burnaby
I found all the Iron chefs (Japan, America) all on this one torrent page, but now hardly anybody is seeding them anymore and I deleted them after watching them. Feenie did pretty well!
I like Maynards Gummies
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
bokchoy wrote:I found all the Iron chefs (Japan, America) all on this one torrent page, but now hardly anybody is seeding them anymore and I deleted them after watching them. Feenie did pretty well!
link?