• Feb 26th, 2018 10:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Aug 18, 2017
48 posts
14 upvotes

Irrelevant old buffett calling end of cryptos

Ha ha. This old guy doesn't knownwhat he is talking about. If he bought bitcoin when it was for pennies, he would be a trillionaire. Bitcoin is coming in waves and is going to make fiat money irrelevant. I suspect in 10 years, we will be using fiat to fuel our fireplaces.

I had a good laugh watching this. Bitcoin to the moon!

120 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10388 posts
204 upvotes
starbucksguy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:38 am
Ha ha. This old guy doesn't knownwhat he is talking about. If he bought bitcoin when it was for pennies, he would be a trillionaire. Bitcoin is coming in waves and is going to make fiat money irrelevant. I suspect in 10 years, we will be using fiat to fuel our fireplaces.

Well, he didn't make his wealth investing in things that could theoretically have value if society decided to completely change its ways. He made it the old-fashioned way: by analyzing the fundamentals and looking for long-term plays with under-valued companies based on their market cap vs. balance sheets. Back in the day, investing did used to be about investing in companies with a solid business plan and not about scraping news feeds for today's sentiment to try and make a quick flip :)

One day, someone may invent a cryptocurrency that has merit. It's just not here yet. The fact that Bitcoin has forced scarcity doesn't make it valuable unless people have confidence in its value.

Consider this: nobody obligated to take money laundering seriously can work with clients that deal in Bitcoin. This is perhaps the majority of banks in the world, not to mention governments, given that there is international co-operation on issues like that.
[OP]
Banned
Aug 18, 2017
48 posts
14 upvotes
mbg wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:49 am
Well, he didn't make his wealth investing in things that could theoretically have value if society decided to completely change its ways. He made it the old-fashioned way: by analyzing the fundamentals and looking for long-term plays with under-valued companies based on their market cap vs. balance sheets. Back in the day, investing did used to be about investing in companies with a solid business plan and not about scraping news feeds for today's sentiment to try and make a quick flip :)

One day, someone may invent a cryptocurrency that has merit. It's just not here yet. The fact that Bitcoin has forced scarcity doesn't make it valuable unless people have confidence in its value.

Consider this: nobody obligated to take money laundering seriously can work with clients that deal in Bitcoin. This is perhaps the majority of banks in the world, not to mention governments, given that there is international co-operation on issues like that.
You are already seeing governments switching to bitcoin including Venezuela. Bitcoin is taking over
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10388 posts
204 upvotes
starbucksguy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 11:03 am
You are already seeing governments switching to bitcoin including Venezuela. Bitcoin is taking over
OK. This is a troll post. I get it.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
1340 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mbg wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 11:03 am
OK. This is a troll post. I get it.
Oh cool thank you as I almost went googling for it.. lol
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12269 posts
2934 upvotes
Here 'n There
starbucksguy wrote:

They called him irrelevant when he refused to buy the dotcom hype. He turned out right. They called him crazy when he bet a million dollars that a simple index could beat the average of a bunch of hedge funds hand picked by the other side of the bet. They thought he was nuts to make that bet. He won.

The guy is an absolute investing superstar who has blown every investing track record out of the water and would still be the richest man on earth he he hadn't already given away tens of billions to Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He has now done this for 60 years. You aren't even a fraction of a penny rounding error on his fortune nor do you have a public track record on anything to do with investing.

So here you go mouthing off well after the fact about Bitcoin's rise. How convenient. Hmmm, anyone can do that.

So, let's see, um, who is the investing genius? It sure ain't you!

The only laugh is reading your post. You need to learn the difference between gambling and investing but considering your post I think you are a lost cause.
Last edited by eonibm on Feb 11th, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrating
Jan 27, 2016
635 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You are a joke. Ridiculing a man who has made billions on the markets. Remember how to invest never changes, learn to read financials and not buy into hype. That’s how you last as long as he did,
Company fundamentals never change.

If you think in the near future Cryptos will take over some of the world biggest currencies, than your a lost cause.

But sure, keep making fun of a man who has more money lost in his couch than you do in your bank account.
starbucksguy wrote:

Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4293 posts
1072 upvotes
Winnipeg
When is buffet buying into weed?
Feb 26, 2017
569 posts
219 upvotes
airmail wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 11:38 am
When is buffet buying into weed?
Are the weed stocks listed in Venezuela?
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12269 posts
2934 upvotes
Here 'n There
starbucksguy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 11:13 am
https://news.bitcoin.com/venezuela-rele ... llion-ico/

it's coming. Fiat is dying.

How do you think the US will buy oil from venezuela? The US will be forced to buy cryptos in order to pay for oil. Eventually, the USD will be converted to bitcoin
I guess you don't understand bargaining power or US oil production facts and figures. Let me enlighten you so you don't make embarrassing posts any more.

US only imports 22% of it's oil now and it's trending lower. It is expected to hit zero within the next 10 years. Less than 6% of oil imports comes from Venezuela. Who has the bargaining power? It sure is not economically starved Venezuela who needs very shekel they can get. So, if the US says take dollars or stuff your oil who do you think is going to cave? Hint: It ain't the USA.

USA 'forced' to use crypto's. LMAO! You're hilarious! The only thing that is dying is your commentary.
Celebrating
Mar 1, 2011
137 posts
63 upvotes
Op, read up on dunning kruger and relax on the koolaid.

Usa never bought oil from Venezuela with bolivar. That's why oil is priced in usd.

Mind blown that people are this stupid. Stupid.
Jan 27, 2016
635 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Seems like the OP bought bitcoin at 20k a coin and is trying to justify why he or she did it.
officerjimlahey31 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 11:48 am
Op, read up on dunning kruger and relax on the koolaid.

Usa never bought oil from Venezuela with bolivar. That's why oil is priced in usd.

Mind blown that people are this stupid. Stupid.
[OP]
Banned
Aug 18, 2017
48 posts
14 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 11:27 am
They called him irrelevant when he refused to buy the dotcom hype. He turned out right. They called him crazy when he bet a million dollars that a simple index could beat the average of a bunch of hedge funds hand picked by the other side of the bet. They thought he was nuts to make that bet. He won.

The guy is an absolute investing superstar who has blown every investing track record out of the water and would still be the richest man on earth he he hadn't already given away tens of billions to Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He has now down this for 60 years. You aren't even a fraction of a penny rounding error on his fortune nor do you have a public track record on anything to do with investing.

So here you go mouthing off well after the fact about Bitcoin's rise. How convenient. Hmmm, anyone can do that.

So, let's see, um, who is the investing genius? It sure ain't you!

The only laugh is reading your post. You need to learn the difference between gambling and investing but considering your post I think you are a lost cause.
Buffett doesn't understand blockchain and cryptos. The guy doesn't understand technology. If he invested in google and amazon, he would be wealthy but because he is technologically phobic, he will miss out on cryptos.