• Dec 28th, 2016 9:33 am
Tags:
Jan 21, 2009
655 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal

Issue with Abercrombie/Landmark

Hi guys,

On December 15th I bought a jacket from Abercrombie. A few days later, I see this in the status

"UnDeliverable: No Safe Drops. Holding at Carrier Hub 2016-12-19 01:12 pm Montreal, QC"
"Returned to Landmark 2016-12-20 09:55 am"

Gave a call to Abercrombie, they have no idea and give me phone numer to call Landmark. I called them and no one is answering on the other line. My address match perfectly and I never had any issues regarding delivery for years.

Any idea what I should do before calling Visa?

Thanks
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Since Abercrombie used Landmark, it's an Abercrombie problem. Landmark is not a delivery service. They would have used a courier service to deliver, e.g. UPS. The Landmark tracking should show the identity of the courier with a separate tracking number for that courier. Landmark, typically, has excellent service, but I always use my Flex Delivery address so that Landmark has no choice but to route it through CP.

I don't see any point in calling Visa. Do some additional investigation on the tracking and who actually delivered it (or "tried" to). The fact that it was returned to Landmark indicates that it will still be available locally and Landmark should be able to send it out again.

The message seems to indicate that the courier felt there was no safe place to leave it. Do you live in an apartment?

CP and courier services are closed today. Call tomorrow and you should be able to reach them.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
starchoice wrote: Since Abercrombie used Landmark, it's an Abercrombie problem. Landmark is not a delivery service. They would have used a courier service to deliver, e.g. UPS. The Landmark tracking should show the identity of the courier with a separate tracking number for that courier. Landmark, typically, has excellent service, but I always use my Flex Delivery address so that Landmark has no choice but to route it through CP.
During the Canada Post negotiations Landmark used Canpar to deliver my Amazon.com packages. They've since gone back to Canada Post but when I wasn't home the package went back to the Canpar depot.

The Landmark global tracking will show the carrier they used (Routed to): http://landmarkglobal.com/en_CA/interna ... -delivery/

But...wait...what? You can use Flex Delivery for any order...not just from stores listing Flex delivery options?

If we can that would be great to ensure any package would get shipped in Canada by Canada Post so we wouldn't get hit with huge UPS brokerage fees.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Jan 21, 2009
655 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal
starchoice wrote: Since Abercrombie used Landmark, it's an Abercrombie problem. Landmark is not a delivery service. They would have used a courier service to deliver, e.g. UPS. The Landmark tracking should show the identity of the courier with a separate tracking number for that courier. Landmark, typically, has excellent service, but I always use my Flex Delivery address so that Landmark has no choice but to route it through CP.

I don't see any point in calling Visa. Do some additional investigation on the tracking and who actually delivered it (or "tried" to). The fact that it was returned to Landmark indicates that it will still be available locally and Landmark should be able to send it out again.

The message seems to indicate that the courier felt there was no safe place to leave it. Do you live in an apartment?

CP and courier services are closed today. Call tomorrow and you should be able to reach them.
I'll give Landmark a call again tommorow as it went nowhere with Abercrombie. No, I don't live in an apartment nor had issues with delivery before. I forgot to mention that that those from Abercrombie weren't too helpful.
Jan 21, 2009
655 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal
Quick update, I gave Abercrombie a call this morning again and this time the lady said they'll give me a refund once they receive the package back....So spoke to 3 people and 3 different version. Very disappointing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)