Issue: Blocked from using E-Interac

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2017 11:45 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 5, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
I have second thougths coz they giving me 4000 dollars then I ask whats that money, they said that I will need that money to fill my bitcoin so that i can start my job to assist client for purchasing sql or database. And now i realized all of those thing thatnwhy I became follower of that Carolina (who is said to be my Manager). I am not too careful to what I've done. I know this is my fault foe not being too alert.
Apr 26, 2010
586 posts
34 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Not a lot you can do, if you really want you can file a police report.
TD fraud will do their investigation, so would TD AML in which a STR will be filed against you. Lesson learned.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4400 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto
reginacabalar wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:08 pm
yah. i hope TD bank have a fair investigation. I talked to them why i can't send and receive money from interac and they just said that i am blocked. just simple as that. I am shocked and ask why and then they said that i received the money from a fraud email. Then I try to explain myself as i am speaking with the investigation department but they just insist that i have nothing to do. So sad. Still I am hoping thay they will see the other side of story. All i want is a job and i didn't expect that I will be a victim of that scam Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
I understand you and read that you are from the Philippines, your case is not worse compare to another lady coming from the Philippines. She inquire via phone banking what is a LOC (since the bank approves her for a LOC), and it turn out the phone banking CSR scammed her of $$$$ and the bank ban her from withdrawing any money outside her mother branch.
Oct 19, 2016
408 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
Scammers are everywhere. You got to be smart nowadays. Otherwise you will be making someone else rich.

I have heard from some people who have actually seen these scammers in africa. These guys are making real big bucks. They are wearing nice expensive suits, rolex watches and driving brand new BMW's and mercedes cars. They even have employees working for them. They are rolling high. Doing very very well.
Sep 14, 2010
905 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
well normally they will block u from using E transfer etc for a period of 5 years and maybe if relationship with the bank is good, it will be reinstated.
Next time is best to setup another bank account other than TD and when u ever use Etransfer, DO NOT USE THE SAME EMAIL that was used for the fraud etransfer, you will get automatically blocked from using E-trasfer in that new bank as well since banks share info.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1205 posts
185 upvotes
Montreal
reginacabalar wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:08 pm
yah. i hope TD bank have a fair investigation. I talked to them why i can't send and receive money from interac and they just said that i am blocked. just simple as that. I am shocked and ask why and then they said that i received the money from a fraud email. Then I try to explain myself as i am speaking with the investigation department but they just insist that i have nothing to do. So sad. Still I am hoping thay they will see the other side of story. All i want is a job and i didn't expect that I will be a victim of that scam Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
Cross the street and open an account in a different Bank, very simple.
Jan 12, 2010
577 posts
64 upvotes
Most likely, its actually not TD that blocked you, but rather, Certapay (Interac runs Certapay), is the company that blocked your email address that was registered with the email money transfer service, hence the reason why you can't send.