Shopping Discussion

Issue with DealExtreme. Paypal dispute is useless.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2009 12:28 am
Tags:
None
Jun 6, 2005
522 posts
35 upvotes
At least you folks got an item (defective or not). I ordered an item on August 4 and after 3 months they finally tell me they can't get stock. I was offered a refund 2 weeks ago, which I accepted yet...no refund?

No one replies to your emails for like 2 weeks and you can't contact anyone.

What is surprising is that I ordered an item 3 days after the purchase above and it got it within 2 weeks - was quite happy.

All in all, will never order from these guys again...it's not worth it.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2008
678 posts
86 upvotes
woof wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 2:13 pm
We all know that Dealsextreme sells essentially very cheap poorly made stuff. They ship things poorly packaged and as cheaply as possible because of the free shipping. You're going to have problems with stuff not working, you're going to have problems with stuff getting damaged in transit or getting lost in transit. You may have trouble communicating with them because English isn't their first language and their margins are razor thin so there's not a lot of customer service people to deal with your problems. That's the reality. Most of the time you will probably be very satisfied with the transaction but not always. Sometimes you may run into a lot of problems. If you don't feel comfortable with this then don't buy from them. Go buy your stuff from Wal Mart or Future Shop or whatever, and pay accordingly.
My issue here isnt mainly with DealExtreme. Yes, they are making excuses and not following their policy and trying to cheap out on me. But for the most part Im just really surprised PayPal's system is setup such that no human even looks at my case. It was automatically closed in favor of the seller.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6225 posts
883 upvotes
nobb wrote:
Nov 12th, 2009 12:11 am
But for the most part Im just really surprised PayPal's system is setup such that no human even looks at my case. It was automatically closed in favor of the seller.
But you've already stated that "PayPal automatically closes the case because their policy with these non-eBay deals is only that the item is shipped, but does not cover what happens if the item received is defective or in bad condition." Therefore in closing your case Paypal was exactly following their policy. If there's one thing Paypal is good at it's rigidly following their policies especially if it means that it won't cost them anything. Although of course you as the customer get screwed, but hey, can't make everybody happy all the time.

There's no way in the world that any human at Paypal is going to look at your case and change anything.