Automotive

Issues trying to renew my drivers license online?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 1:47 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1513 posts
127 upvotes
Hamilton

Issues trying to renew my drivers license online?

Trying to renew my license and it came up with this message? Ontario.

ESD020(100889478976): MTO is unable to proceed with your request. You are not eligible to renew your Driver's Licence Online. Please visit your nearest ServiceOntario, Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office for assistance.

Strange? Does anyone what this mean? I have G licence...
27 replies
Aug 4, 2014
491 posts
53 upvotes
North of GTA
tester85 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2014 6:55 pm

ESD020(100889478976): MTO is unable to proceed with your request. You are not eligible to renew your Driver's Licence Online. Please visit your nearest ServiceOntario, Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office for assistance.

Is it possible you owe money? 407 toll or fines? I renewed mine in person last time so I don't know if they allow fine payments online? My local Service Ontario place is only open 9-5 Monday to Friday. They got rid of those Service Ontario machines. Government claimed they were hacked. They were a great idea but I am guessing the government does not want to compete with these private Service Ontario offices. That is why they never put more of them out there. So people who work long hrs during the day have no choice but to do it online.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9838 posts
849 upvotes
Brampton
Is it your photo renewal time? Been 5 years already?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 54-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3836 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
Also if you wear corrective lenses you will need to renew in person because they need to test your vision.
Jul 17, 2014
58 posts
3 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I do wear corrective lenses and its just hassle of going inside to get it license renewed?

I don't think I have any parking tickets or other fees....

Now I have to spend my lunch hour waiting bcuz there not open on weekends....
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4266 upvotes
visit your nearest ServiceOntario, Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office for assistance
Apr 21, 2015
3 posts
London, ON
Hey tester85,
Did you ever find out why you could not renew your driver's licence online?
I just tried and received a similar message...

Error messages start
ESD020(100891864418): MTO is unable to proceed with your request. You are not eligible to renew your Driver's Licence Online. Please visit your nearest ServiceOntario, Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office for assistance.

Thanks.
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1973 posts
146 upvotes
Wood Bridge
ya it usually means u gotta do it at the MTO because either you have an unpaid ticket or 407 bill or need a new foto or need to update your eye perscription with the clerk or could be something else too?
Sep 22, 2015
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Hi there, I am having the same issue while renewing my Ontario G licence. Were you able to resolve your issue or did MTO do anything about this. Thanks lot.

tester85 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2014 6:55 pm

Apr 22, 2015
388 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Usually for tickets or if it's past expiry they give those error messages
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
5687 posts
1863 upvotes
ON
YSL5577 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2014 7:59 pm
I do wear corrective lenses and its just hassle of going inside to get it license renewed?

I don't think I have any parking tickets or other fees....

Now I have to spend my lunch hour waiting bcuz there not open on weekends....
There are locations that open on Saturdays.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1607 posts
211 upvotes
Markham
o0vL wrote:
Nov 18th, 2014 8:05 pm
ive never been retested ever at renewal..
Me either....NEVER
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1271 posts
160 upvotes
Winnipeg
Halifaxboy wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2015 9:39 pm
Hi there, I am having the same issue while renewing my Ontario G licence. Were you able to resolve your issue or did MTO do anything about this. Thanks lot.

Are you trying to renew before 6 months of expiry?
Sep 22, 2015
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Nope. I am well under six months. I called up Service Ontario today and was told that i may have to upgrade or use another browser like firefox or chrome. But after having done this still the same issue. I have friends in Waterloo and Ajax, who are also have the same issue. I am based in Toronto.
The issue is not only with renewal license, it is with renewing number plates and stickers. (If you go to Service Ontario facebook page, you will come to know many people have complianed about this).
Really do not know why this issue keep cropping up with everyone. Please assist me if you can. Thank you kindly,