Automotive

Issues trying to renew my drivers license online?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 1:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1392 posts
214 upvotes
Halifaxboy wrote:
Sep 24th, 2015 1:44 pm
Nope. I am well under six months. I called up Service Ontario today and was told that i may have to upgrade or use another browser like firefox or chrome. But after having done this still the same issue. I have friends in Waterloo and Ajax, who are also have the same issue. I am based in Toronto.
The issue is not only with renewal license, it is with renewing number plates and stickers. (If you go to Service Ontario facebook page, you will come to know many people have complianed about this).
Really do not know why this issue keep cropping up with everyone. Please assist me if you can. Thank you kindly,
Ok I am up for sticker renewal . I will try and post if problem with firefox.

So for license, if you can't renew online , Do you have to go those MTO test centers or any normal service ontario would do ?
Sep 22, 2015
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Yes, last resort would be to go personally and get my G license renewed but this defeats the very purpose of the online service which we all rely upon. My license will expire end December, however since i am traveling abroad hence need to renew it so as to use it abroad in Europe. It will be a shame if this issue is not resolved. (as mentioned earlier, this issue is not new, and has been posted on Facebook in 2014!) and till now nothing has been done to rectify it and find a solution.
Sep 22, 2015
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Yes, you can go to test centers or i believe any service Ontario should do it. I usually visit the 555 Eglinton license office.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1392 posts
214 upvotes
just ordered license plate sticker renewal online sucessfully. It is working for me. Did you find out why driver's license is not working for you?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1392 posts
214 upvotes
tester85 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2014 6:55 pm
Trying to renew my license and it came up with this message? Ontario.

ESD020(100889478976): MTO is unable to proceed with your request. You are not eligible to renew your Driver's Licence Online. Please visit your nearest ServiceOntario, Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office for assistance.

Got same error today.... Do you know what happened in your case? Was you able to renew it online or you had to go to Service Ontario?

Strange? Does anyone what this mean? I have G licence...
I got same error today. Do you know what was the issue in your case? Were you able to renew it online or you had to go to service ontario.

Anyone else has any information on this issue?
Feb 17, 2009
553 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
I just assumed that it always tells you that you need to go to service ontario to renew your license. Don't they need to take a new photo when you renew?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1392 posts
214 upvotes
Justification wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2015 10:33 am
I just assumed that it always tells you that you need to go to service ontario to renew your license. Don't they need to take a new photo when you renew?
Thats every 10 years not 5 years. If every 5 years they need photo then no one will be able to eligible to renew online. In that case the online service will be meaningless.
Feb 17, 2009
553 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
CocoJambo wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2015 10:40 am
Thats every 10 years not 5 years. If every 5 years they need photo then no one will be able to eligible to renew online. In that case the online service will be meaningless.
Yea, I thought it was meaningless lol -- just scripted to always return that you need to go in person. I didn't know it was every 10 years -- they always take a new photo every 5 years when I renew...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1517 posts
229 upvotes
Hamilton
Halifaxboy wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2015 9:39 pm
Hi there, I am having the same issue while renewing my Ontario G licence. Were you able to resolve your issue or did MTO do anything about this. Thanks lot.
yah - need to update your picture. nothing urgent.
Nov 10, 2009
427 posts
30 upvotes
Hamilton
When I tried to renew after the expiry date it wouldn't let me renew online.
Dame Edna: I think of a talk show as... well... a monologue interrupted by total strangers.
May 7, 2012
1 posts
tester85 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2014 6:55 pm
Trying to renew my license and it came up with this message? Ontario.

ESD020(100889478976): MTO is unable to proceed with your request. You are not eligible to renew your Driver's Licence Online. Please visit your nearest ServiceOntario, Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office for assistance.

Strange? Does anyone what this mean? I have G licence...
I have recently moved into a new development and when trying to use the above mentioned service I got the same error. I went there a very sour lady did the move for me I asked repeatedly why it wouldn't work online she didn't say a thing. She only mentioned that my wife has to come to their office as well implying that it wouldn't work for her either. No unpaid tickets or anything like that however still a mystery why it would't work. Possible reasons?
1. new development - no other driver licences with that postal code.
2. she printed a new "ownership" document for my car with the new address - that could be the reason why they want me there in the first place..
So sick of "sour" government bureaucratic persons..
Jun 9, 2009
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I am getting the following error message:"We are unable to proceed with your request. Please confirm the information on your Vehicle Permit (Ownership), correct and try again or visit your nearest ServiceOntario Centre."
i did have the same issue last year. I was able to order sticker for one car, not for the second one. Government....