Tags:
[OP]
Apr 18, 2016
7 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Items for the homeless

Hi fellow RFD'ers,

Can you help with the following? I'm looking to stock up on warm essentials to give out to the homeless for cold winter nights. Items like: toques, mittens, socks, jackets. Ideally, I want to stretch my dollars as far as possible. At this time, I am only looking for new items. I find recipients are more happy to accept these. Items I don't give away this year (this winter's been warmer than past), I can store for next year.

Please post or PM me any deals that match my criteria. The only points system that I use I PC Optimum. Thanks in advance!
...Van604Deals
5 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10337 posts
4973 upvotes
Toronto
Thermo cups?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3960 posts
3659 upvotes
Vancouver
Army & Navy on W Hastings. They have tons of stuff for a low price. Here's a toque for $1.49: https://www.armyandnavy.ca/collections/ ... hman-toque
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Jan 12, 2005
589 posts
108 upvotes
Look at clearance sales at fast fashion stores like Joe Fresh, H&M and Old Navy. Around March you can get some crazy deals
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19968 posts
6107 upvotes
It might not make it in time, but I'd imagine a lot of that stuff is cheap from China.
Although maybe not since textiles have duty.