• May 17th, 2018 11:38 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
1058 posts
699 upvotes
Canada

Ivory Body Wash — 100% water, No substance

So they changed the formula again...this time they dilute the liquid soap with more water to the point that it became pointless to use the product now.

Will now go use other products. Thanks P&G for destroying the brand.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3247 posts
972 upvotes
Mississauga
Gotta cut costs to keep those profits growing!
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13203 posts
5612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
"I call hogwash on body wash. "

Body wash is a lousy deal compared to good old fashioned bar soap, including Ivory's White. (No name had soap is just as good and also cheaper still.)

So instead of hand-wringing over body wash, switch to bar soap.
veni, vidi, Visa
May 28, 2012
9868 posts
2049 upvotes
Saskatoon
Same with Sunlight dishsoap, very watered down and suds don't last. I've switched to using Dawn...smaller bottle but I'm using less product.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7605 posts
993 upvotes
Toronto
I saw these on sale at Loblaws this week for $3.99.
Luckily I did not buy.;)
Olay body wash from Costco plus the odd sales on Irish spring, Old Spice and Lever 2000 body wash is enough for my needs anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8564 posts
1845 upvotes
London
Real RFDers use the hard yellow Sunlight soaps in the laundry aisle. Let it sit outside of the package for a few weeks to really dry out and last longer. Then either meld the slivers in the next bar or put then in a jar of water to make homemade softsoap.

This message brought to you by my Dad, who will never understand body wash, soft soap, cell phones, computers, the internet, basic income, welfare, subtle political humour or liberals.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6158 posts
1338 upvotes
bylo wrote:
May 15th, 2018 8:20 am
"I call hogwash on body wash. "

Body wash is a lousy deal compared to good old fashioned bar soap, including Ivory's White. (No name had soap is just as good and also cheaper still.)

So instead of hand-wringing over body wash, switch to bar soap.
I also find most traditional soaps to be easier-going on my skin than most detergent-based products (most "liquid soaps" or body washes are detergent-based. Something like Dr. Bronners though is a true liquid soap.) Dove beauty bars are not called soap for a reason--they are solid detergents with moisturizers added. Electric Light Bulb The Dove commercials where they claim soaps don't have the right pH are correct, as soaps are alkaline by nature...but the pH on the skin will eventually adjust, whereas the detergents that are effective at stripping more lipids from the skin are more drying for my atopic skin in the long run.

Uh, sorry, I'm rambling again.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5236 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
Good thread, these threads of watering down products (almost literally in this case) is crucial to RFD.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Jan 12, 2017
563 posts
622 upvotes
YK
Ottomaddox wrote:
May 15th, 2018 12:15 pm
Real RFDers use the hard yellow Sunlight soaps in the laundry aisle. Let it sit outside of the package for a few weeks to really dry out and last longer. Then either meld the slivers in the next bar or put then in a jar of water to make homemade softsoap.

This message brought to you by my Dad, who will never understand body wash, soft soap, cell phones, computers, the internet, basic income, welfare, subtle political humour or liberals.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Jan 12, 2017
563 posts
622 upvotes
YK
If you have bought shampoo free with coupons and CO51 or points, shampoo can be used in place of body wash
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4015 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
No Frills wrote:
May 15th, 2018 8:21 pm
Good thread, these threads of watering down products (almost literally in this case) is crucial to RFD.
We need a RFD Body Wash Cost Calculator! Someone works in a lab that can measure soap concentration?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5236 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
boyohboy wrote:
May 15th, 2018 11:53 pm
We need a RFD Body Wash Cost Calculator! Someone works in a lab that can measure soap concentration?
Dish soap as well from how watery Palmolive has become.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13203 posts
5612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
boyohboy wrote:
May 15th, 2018 11:53 pm
Or just avoid body wash altogether and use bar soap. Much cheaper. Just as effective.
veni, vidi, Visa
Aug 16, 2011
839 posts
244 upvotes
Kitchener
They may not be thickening it as they used to. I make body wash and shampoo etc and it's actually extremely thin and mostly water due to the nature of the product, generally most brands add a thickener because that's how people like it. As Peanutz said, it's really a detergent, like most liquid and bar soap on the market.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4015 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
May 16th, 2018 7:13 am
Or just avoid body wash altogether and use bar soap. Much cheaper. Just as effective.
Will still need a Bar Soap Calculator, how would you know bar soap isn't just mixed with more non-soap ingredients huh?

Also need a Bar Soap Risk Calculator.... when you drop that slippery bar soap what can happen man!!