• May 17th, 2018 11:38 am
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13203 posts
5612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
boyohboy wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:12 am
Will still need a Bar Soap Calculator, how would you know bar soap isn't just mixed with more non-soap ingredients huh?
No need. Ivory White bar soap is 99.44% pure dontchya know?

Also need a Bar Soap Risk Calculator.... when you drop that slippery bar soap what can happen man!!
Perhaps you hang out in prisons. I don't. When I shower with others it's with my SO. ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4015 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:21 am
No need. Ivory White bar soap is 99.44% pure dontchya know?

Can't trust the marketing from companies. Like, say, all the juices that says made with 100% juice, and no sugar added, blah blah... do you really believe that? All loopholes and playing semantics!
bylo wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:21 am
Perhaps you hang out in prisons. I don't. When I shower with others it's with my SO. ;)
Clearly that will be one of the input parameter for the Risk Calculator...
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13203 posts
5612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
boyohboy wrote:
May 16th, 2018 11:24 am
Like, say, all the juices that says made with 100% juice, and no sugar added, blah blah... do you really believe that? All loopholes and playing semantics!
Well, at least you can rely on tinfoil hat makers to make their tinfoil hats out of 100.00% pure aluminumtin. You have my word on that.
veni, vidi, Visa
Feb 11, 2018
788 posts
634 upvotes
Someone should volunteer to do a scientific study on soap bars. I mean we have a thread on toilet paper. How come we don't have the equivalent for soap bars???

Someone needs to keep track of how many showers per one soap bar. And then try the most popular brands. Take into account the size (weight) and the price and make a nice chart. That would be really useful to the community. Anyone who loves to wash himself willing to volunteer???
Paying less is only half the equation. The other half is buying less... ;)
Apr 10, 2017
575 posts
196 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote:
May 16th, 2018 11:15 pm
Someone should volunteer to do a scientific study on soap bars. I mean we have a thread on toilet paper. How come we don't have the equivalent for soap bars???

Someone needs to keep track of how many showers per one soap bar. And then try the most popular brands. Take into account the size (weight) and the price and make a nice chart. That would be really useful to the community. Anyone who loves to wash himself willing to volunteer???
So many variables (one being the size of the person and their showering habits - time, water running while soaping or not, etc)

I buy and use Dove body wash but this thread made me think twice about it now. I have silky smooth skin for a man so I'm particular about what I use to bathe + drink a ton of water so I never have dry skin
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5294 posts
2935 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
We gave up bar soap decades ago...

Used to be an Ivory or Dove family.

Now we both use Body Wash... like Dove for Men at home and Adidas 2-in-1 Hair & Body when working out
SO will buy / use pretty much whatever is girlie and on sale
We both agree that this market has grown in the last 5 years, where there is tons more choice, and prices have increased dramatically (and yes in some cases quality has nose dived)
Not unusual now to see body wash at close to $ 10 a bottle when not on sale (vs the $ 3 to $ 5 range it was just a short time ago)
We buy it when the price / promos are right, and stockpile