Food & Drink

Janes Chicken Breast Fillets (and Grocery Shopping in general) around Vancouver

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2013 12:16 am
Nov 3, 2009
414 posts
97 upvotes

Janes Chicken Breast Fillets (and Grocery Shopping in general) around Vancouver

Now that I've lived here for a few months I've gotten a feel for the state of grocery stores here... and yes, anyone who is wondering, it's worst than out East with poorer selection and much higher prices.

Many things I liked out East are simply not available here, but one of the things I like is: Janes Chicken Breast Fillets

Unfortuantely, they seem to be only available for $19.99 (or sometimes $17.99) and are never on sale (the "Pub Style" and others go on sale regularly). So my question:

Is there anywhere in the lower mainland that ever has them on sale? Help!
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
15448 posts
3349 upvotes
I thought Costco carried Janes?
I know they have a TON of Hampton House stuff.

I didn't look that closely since all those products taste like crap to me.

Why not just make your own? Chicken breast pounded breaded in bread crumbs (or better yet Panko) and fried.
[OP]
Nov 3, 2009
414 posts
97 upvotes
Sadly, Costco does carry Janes, but not the Janes Chicken Breast Fillets. They are much, much, much better than all the other boxed chicken things on the market as they actually have full chicken breast (not mechanically separated, or reconsitutued chicken or whatever). If you happen to see them anywhere else though, I'd love the heads-up!
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1017 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver
Does Shoppers carry the Janes Chicken Breast Filets? I know they carry some Janes and have good sales on them but I have never bought any so I'm not sure what they have.

You could contact them through their website and ask if it is carried anywhere in Vancouver. Interesting, on their website FAQs they state that the chicken is processed in Canada but is either from Canada, the US, Brazil or Thailand.
May 28, 2012
8928 posts
1526 upvotes
Saskatoon
My local Shoppers has Janes Chicken Breast Fillets; they do go on sale occasionally. They are a lot more expensive than the pressed ones, which can be half the price when on sale. I have also seen them at Safeway and Zellers. They really are a much better product than the Pub-style, but if paying the regular price, it's almost as economical to make your own.
[OP]
Nov 3, 2009
414 posts
97 upvotes
I wonder if Target will have them when they open. I see them at Safeway all the time, for $19.99, but never on sale.

Does Shoppers list all of their sale items in flyers? Or do things like that go on sale and you just have to wander by to see?
May 28, 2012
8928 posts
1526 upvotes
Saskatoon
Scott M. wrote:
Feb 21st, 2013 11:35 pm
I wonder if Target will have them when they open. I see them at Safeway all the time, for $19.99, but never on sale.

Does Shoppers list all of their sale items in flyers? Or do things like that go on sale and you just have to wander by to see?
Shoppers has them for $16.99, but I've seen them for sale at $12.99.
× < >