Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Japan Airlines] Toronto > Tokyo (Narita) $869-881 RT [Feb/March]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2015 10:44 am
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto

[Japan Airlines] Toronto > Tokyo (Narita) $869-881 RT [Feb/March]

Deal Link:
Price:
$869.34
Decent fare on Japan Airlines (JAL) from Toronto to Tokyo-Narita through Chicago. Short itinerary as well which is a plus.

Searchable on Kayak, bookable on Flighthub ($869). Also book-able on Cheapoair ($811) if the bad reviews on Flighthub scares you.
Available in Feb/March - maybe more dates if you search.

Search: http://www.ca.kayak.com/flights/YYZ-NRT ... 7-flexible
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
78 replies
Oct 21, 2006
310 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
long flight like that, its worth paying the extra money to fly direct nonstop with AC
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
broker judge wrote: long flight like that, its worth paying the extra money to fly direct nonstop with AC
Really depends on how much more. Did you look it up to see how much it is?
Oct 21, 2006
310 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
slowtyper wrote: Really depends on how much more. Did you look it up to see how much it is?
Yeah i been following YYZ to NRT flights for about 2 years, been meaning to go. AC uses a boeing 777

March 3rd to March 17th = C$1151.82 with tax DIRECT nonstop. I've travelled to diff time zones overseas, ALWAYS take the direct flight if available, you end up saving TIME off your recovery from the jet lag and other headaches. Saving couple hundred by doing layovers is a negative return when you factor in that we are Canadians, and don't get much Vacation time, so TIME saved actually equals money.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
broker judge wrote: Yeah i been following YYZ to NRT flights for about 2 years, been meaning to go. AC uses a boeing 777

March 3rd to March 17th = C$1151.82 with tax DIRECT nonstop. I've travelled to diff time zones overseas, ALWAYS take the direct flight if available, you end up saving TIME off your recovery from the jet lag and other headaches. Saving couple hundred by doing layovers is a negative return when you factor in that we are Canadians, and don't get much Vacation time, so TIME saved actually equals money.
Yeah I've done the overseas many times, some real long and complicated stopovers, it sucks. However, everyone has different circumstances. WHile a couple hundred may not be much for one person, 2 or 3 people flying and it can make a big difference. Not all Canadians are worried about vacation time either.

USA stopovers are the worst though, always delays. Stopping over in asian cities is usually better in my experience.
Jul 7, 2005
604 posts
177 upvotes
I've stopped over @ Ohare before, wasn't fun that place is huge...Delta screwed me over and only gave me 45mins to switch over, what a nightmare.
Penalty Box
Aug 16, 2014
1043 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto, ON
how expensive japan for hotels or do they have Air Bnb?

my budget is $2000
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
DBDphotography wrote: how expensive japan for hotels or do they have Air Bnb?

my budget is $2000
I stayed at an AirBNB place in Tokyo, we paid $2300 for 16~ days for a 3BR apartment which we found out later is pretty big for apartments.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes

my budget is $2000
You can find decent prices from 110-140/night in Shinjuku/Shibuya. Check out Sunroute Hotel Shinjuku or Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1338 posts
599 upvotes
Absolutely loved Japan, I want to go back within the next few years if I can. Nice modern country that still has so much culture and things to do. I think the country is trying to invest heavily into Tourism
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6907 posts
5592 upvotes
broker judge wrote: Yeah i been following YYZ to NRT flights for about 2 years, been meaning to go. AC uses a boeing 777

I've done japan a couple years ago and am actually going in 2 weeks. I never have a problem with jet lag so it always depends on the person.

I fly out the morning and get to japan at night. Then go to bed. After a long day of travel and being someone who can't sleep on planes, I go straight to bed when I get there. sleep 8 hours and wake up ready to go.

When I went to HK, I did a direct on cathay leaving at 1 or 2 am. Slept maybe 3 hours (I was able to watch 7 movies). Got to HK around 6 am. Stayed out till 11pm that night (local time). Woke up at 7am ready to go. no problem with jet lag.

some people are just built differently.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6907 posts
5592 upvotes

my budget is $2000
hostels are the way to go in japan if you are on budget. they are usually in the best locations for the price and in japan everything is clean. you can get private rooms (2 people) for about $30-40 per person per night.

check out the khaosan samurai or khaosan ninja. I've stayed there before
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3631 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
guys who have gone alone, how was ur exp? hows the night life there? Any places to avoid or watchout from?
====================================
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1306 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
ludhi wrote: guys who have gone alone, how was ur exp? hows the night life there? Any places to avoid or watchout from?
It can get pretty sketchy from what I know, especially roppongi. Use cash, don't use credit card (don't even bring it if you are planning to go out for a fun night). They usually flag down customers in the streets at night, and bring you to some remote business inside the alleys.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1306 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto

my budget is $2000
Prices vary a ton. I've stayed in hotels, budget hotels and Airbnb. They all have their pros and cons. But I kinda like my last airbnb stay the most as they have kitchen and rooms are much more spacious. We got some Wagyu and various sushi from costco in iruma for 2500yen and 2000 yen, condiments from Lawson 100yen. And made ourselves an awesome dinner meal.

However that being said, airbnb is a tough place to look for accommodates. There is no standard to pricing so they bill whatever they feel worth it. IMO finding one close to public transport (preferably JR or Tokyo Metro) is the most important.
Jan 19, 2013
169 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Don't forget to vulture around the basement of large department stores at night. They clear out the daily prepared food @ 30-50% off.
Shinjuku has one of the larger clusters/groupings of department stores for treasure hunting - hahaha... [tuna belly, fish eggs, $1 chicken skewers, etc...]

I've taken that flight [YYZ-ORD-NRT] with American Airlines - not my favorite airline. The plane still had a wired phone for each seat that acted as a game controller =P
I'm certain the JAL one will be much more enjoyable.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
freakyflow wrote: You can find decent prices from 110-140/night in Shinjuku/Shibuya. Check out Sunroute Hotel Shinjuku or Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku.
Highly recommend the Sunroute Hotel Shinjuku if you're looking for a basic hotel. Great location right next to both train systems.
Nov 28, 2012
55 posts
19 upvotes
Went to Tokyo last year for the first time on a stopover. Flew with JAL on a 787. Amazing experience and I'd fly with them again if I had a choice.

Stayed at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. Convenient location. Super close to Shinjuku Station.

Whart I wouldn't give to be able to go to a ramen bar or an Izakaya right now!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
ShrewdSpender wrote: Went to Tokyo last year for the first time on a stopover. Flew with JAL on a 787. Amazing experience and I'd fly with them again if I had a choice.

Stayed at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. Convenient location. Super close to Shinjuku Station.

What I wouldn't give to be able to go to a ramen bar or an Izakaya right now!
This, so much.

Dec 24, 2006
274 posts
198 upvotes
ludhi wrote: guys who have gone alone, how was ur exp? hows the night life there? Any places to avoid or watchout from?
I spent a week there alone, it was good. Nothing too sketchy. Only problem is at night if you are working alone there are Nigerian touts that will grab you hand tell you to go see girls in bucho or ikebukuro or raponghi but if you keep walking they leave u alone. Just make sure to not make conversation to randoms that approach you. Its quite safe, even at night. I stayed at the washington hotel which is about 10 min walk from shinjuku station and I never felt like i was endangered. That being said there was a trip where i forgot to close my packback for god knows how long and everything was still intact even my camera. Maybe a hostel would be better if you feel unsafe that way you can meet some people and do things as a group.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)