None
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yao416 wrote: Oh wow lol

This is sim less data?
eSIMs do not require a physical sim card. It uses the eSIM found in newer phones, like the current generation of iPhones.
Feb 7, 2019
337 posts
248 upvotes
Can we use the iPhone charger in Japan?
I believe it is a mistake to judge the quality of a decision solely by its outcome. Good decisions (i.e. lumpsum investing) can have "bad" outcomes and bad decisions can have good outcomes simply because of luck— Germack
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sushislut604 wrote: Can we use the iPhone charger in Japan?
Yes, no need to change voltages and the plugs are the same.
Feb 7, 2019
337 posts
248 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Yes, no need to change voltages and the plugs are the same.
Thank you! That is very good news!
Feb 7, 2019
337 posts
248 upvotes
Has anyone landed at the Narita airport? I just read that it is very inconvenient to get to the city, like almost 2 hours. Any advice? I read that if you book a cab, it's $250 CAD!
I believe it is a mistake to judge the quality of a decision solely by its outcome. Good decisions (i.e. lumpsum investing) can have "bad" outcomes and bad decisions can have good outcomes simply because of luck— Germack
Jun 29, 2017
182 posts
148 upvotes
sushislut604 wrote: Has anyone landed at the Narita airport? I just read that it is very inconvenient to get to the city, like almost 2 hours. Any advice? I read that if you book a cab, it's $250 CAD!
There is a rapid train going directly to Ueno Station. I remember it costs about 3,000 or 5,000 yen and take about 1 hour.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sushislut604 wrote: Has anyone landed at the Narita airport? I just read that it is very inconvenient to get to the city, like almost 2 hours. Any advice? I read that if you book a cab, it's $250 CAD!
Do not take a cab... It will take you forever to get into Tokyo and cost you a fortune. Trains (limited express/rapid service preferrably from Narita) would be the quickest to get into Tokyo from Narita.
Feb 7, 2019
337 posts
248 upvotes
EDTorontoMississauga wrote: There is a rapid train going directly to Ueno Station. I remember it costs about 3,000 or 5,000 yen and take about 1 hour.
Thank you!
Thank you! Bought a ticket!
rvs007 wrote:
Do not take a cab... It will take you forever to get into Tokyo and cost you a fortune. Trains (limited express/rapid service preferrably from Narita) would be the quickest to get into Tokyo from Narita.
Good to know there are options!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5237 posts
3507 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Definitely not worth doing Roam Like Home for a 12 day trip (comes to $144). Although I've never used a pocket wifi, I think you should at least consider getting a data sim card instead of Roam Like Home, which would only cost you about $40CAD for a 15 day card (or about 5 GB data bucket). I've used both of the following options before and both work great.

Bmobile Visitor SIM - 5GB / 21 days - ~$41CAD
https://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/index.html

Asia-Pacific Plus Unlimited data SIM / 15 days Japan and other parts of Asia-Pacific - $37.99CAD
https://www.amazon.ca/Asia-Pacific-Unli ... B075882XFD

The difference between the two is that for the Bmobile sim you need to either get it shipped to an airport for you to pick up or shipped to your hotel. I used this last year and had no issues. This year, I needed a data sim that worked in other parts of Asia (because I was arriving through Taiwan) and needed the sim card before I arrive, so I opted for the second option from Amazon.

Others have posted even better deals if you pick up the data sim locally or from the airport. But if you want to have the sim card ordered or shipped to you to Canada before the trip, then the two options I mentioned will be fine.
I ordered a pocket wifi with this coupon code: https://tokyocheapo.com/tours/mobile-ho ... inja-wifi/ for 30% off

Got it as sharing with 3 devices (two phones and a tablet), plus unlimited data and airport easy pickup/drop off.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yao416 wrote: I just ordered this and it doesn’t support iPhone X. Wtf. Waste of money.
Only iPhone XS, XSMax & XR support eSIM! Should have checked before buying.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23129 posts
2318 upvotes
Singapore
yao416 wrote: I just ordered this and it doesn’t support iPhone X. Wtf. Waste of money.
LMAO! You should have did your research before buying.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23129 posts
2318 upvotes
Singapore
rvs007 wrote: Only iPhone XS, XSMax & XR support eSIM! Should have checked before buying.
The new iPad Air and Mini also support e-sim. I wonder if anyone here tried activating and using the service without being in HK.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11663 posts
6563 upvotes
Toronto
Oh no Weary Face
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
What a whack service. Anyone wants to buy the service off me lol
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
rvs007 wrote: Only iPhone XS, XSMax & XR support eSIM! Should have checked before buying.
I didn’t see anything mentioning the phones in that link. Maybe I’m blind
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4676 posts
3823 upvotes
Edmonton
yao416 wrote: I didn’t see anything mentioning the phones in that link. Maybe I’m blind
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17115 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
has anyone used the 3hk esim? not sure what to make of the "recommend to activate in HK":

Recommend to activate the eSIM in HK and please ensure the mobile data is active in your device when you are activating the eSIM

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)