• Mar 18th, 2024 8:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
yao416 wrote: I just ordered this and it doesn’t support iPhone X. Wtf. Waste of money.
word

q ma fan
:confused:
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
actng wrote: has anyone used the 3hk esim? not sure what to make of the "recommend to activate in HK":

Recommend to activate the eSIM in HK and please ensure the mobile data is active in your device when you are activating the eSIM
Just avoid in general. Q ma fan stuff
hated on but respected.
Nov 18, 2017
65 posts
23 upvotes
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife are planning to travel to japan for a short get away as my mom is willing to help us to look after my 2 kids, appreciate if anyone got discount code to share. PM me will be great.

Windsor (YQG) to Japan (TYO) / TOKYO (HND/NRT)
July 4th ~ 12th
round trip
Aug 23, 2015
228 posts
134 upvotes
GTA
I was planning to buy the Ghibli museum tickets for the family (4) for the summer trip to Japan, and the only distributor in Canada is JTB Canada. Seems the Toronto office can't really issue tickets, nor can I have Vancouver/Richmond office mail it to Toronto for free pickup. Leaving the xpresspost shipping as the only available option for delivery for $15. Their site is wonky with invalid security certificate, and no eCommerce set up (you submit your credit card info through the site (w invalid https certificate), but they decide how much to take off the card). I think they are honest and amt charged would be correct, but all the little quirks I'm seeing coupled with the higher cost I'm kind of reluctant to pull the trigger. You can not buy it over the phone. With the processing fees, the shipping, and the tickets for four of us, cost is at $106.
Wondering if anyone has used JTB for these tickets and how their transactions went ?
The large print giveth, the small print taketh away
Jul 23, 2009
267 posts
53 upvotes
tvaddicto wrote: I was planning to buy the Ghibli museum tickets for the family (4) for the summer trip to Japan, and the only distributor in Canada is JTB Canada. Seems the Toronto office can't really issue tickets, nor can I have Vancouver/Richmond office mail it to Toronto for free pickup. Leaving the xpresspost shipping as the only available option for delivery for $15. Their site is wonky with invalid security certificate, and no eCommerce set up (you submit your credit card info through the site (w invalid https certificate), but they decide how much to take off the card). I think they are honest and amt charged would be correct, but all the little quirks I'm seeing coupled with the higher cost I'm kind of reluctant to pull the trigger. You can not buy it over the phone. With the processing fees, the shipping, and the tickets for four of us, cost is at $106.
Wondering if anyone has used JTB for these tickets and how their transactions went ?
Purchased in January and went in April of this year. Cost $50 for 2 tickets, no issues.
Oct 3, 2011
604 posts
387 upvotes
OTTAWA
I got my ticket through jtb years ago probably with the same form. It's pretty much the only way you're going to get tickets unless you can read japanese and you try to buy them when you hit the ground. There are a limited number of entries per day to keep it less crowded. It's not a big place, so you'll have to play by their rules if you want to go.
Jul 4, 2018
78 posts
112 upvotes
tvaddicto wrote: I was planning to buy the Ghibli museum tickets for the family (4) for the summer trip to Japan, and the only distributor in Canada is JTB Canada. Seems the Toronto office can't really issue tickets, nor can I have Vancouver/Richmond office mail it to Toronto for free pickup. Leaving the xpresspost shipping as the only available option for delivery for $15. Their site is wonky with invalid security certificate, and no eCommerce set up (you submit your credit card info through the site (w invalid https certificate), but they decide how much to take off the card). I think they are honest and amt charged would be correct, but all the little quirks I'm seeing coupled with the higher cost I'm kind of reluctant to pull the trigger. You can not buy it over the phone. With the processing fees, the shipping, and the tickets for four of us, cost is at $106.
Take a look at klook.com
They are pretty reputable, lots of great review and YouTube video. My wife is planning to join their fruit picking, crab watching tour coming July.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
On ghibli dont be stupid. Pay via JTB, a massive legit company, and pay the nominal Express post, frankly, pay for overnight courier. If you are stupid and cheap you will regret. You should be happy you can get tickets and this price. If you cheap out on delivery costs you have clearly done zero research on the museum. Enjoy but please. Penny pinch on stuff in Japan and enjoy nothing.
Left rfd
Oct 15, 2010
384 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
I can confirm it's legitimate but also agree on how shady it looks. They are severely behind the times in this aspect. I find quite a bit of Japanese companies to be like this in my experience.

I'm the end, you just receive a piece of paper that you trade for an actual ticket. I don't understand why they can't just email that or if they really want the paper copy, have the Toronto location print it out.
Oct 3, 2011
604 posts
387 upvotes
OTTAWA
japanese bureaucracy and the need to have something physical. CDs and bluray discs are still sold everywhere in japan.
Jul 26, 2016
321 posts
190 upvotes
You can buy Ghibli tickets at Family Mart in Japan as well. They have an automated kiosk with an English mode. Worst case, you use Google Translate’s camera to get a gist of what’s written on the screen or ask the cashier for help. The tickets do go fast though so look through all the dates.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4676 posts
3823 upvotes
Edmonton
doctorcru wrote: You can buy Ghibli tickets at Family Mart in Japan as well. They have an automated kiosk with an English mode. Worst case, you use Google Translate’s camera to get a gist of what’s written on the screen or ask the cashier for help. The tickets do go fast though so look through all the dates.
English instructions for purchasing the tickets using the kiosks at Lawson's:

http://www.lawson.co.jp/ghibli_museum/english.html
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
ChinpokoMon wrote: English instructions for purchasing the tickets using the kiosks at Lawson's:

http://www.lawson.co.jp/ghibli_museum/english.html
horrible advice. the odds of a person showing up 2 weeks before a visit to the museum and there being any tickets for purchase are astronomically low.

and the ones you get at JTB basically allow you to go at any time versus a timed slot.

have you people actually been to the place? BTW, it is not that great really.
Left rfd
May 9, 2017
117 posts
89 upvotes
mkjr wrote: have you people actually been to the place? BTW, it is not that great really.
I do not agree (well, personal opinions...). I'm far from being a hard-core Ghibli fan (maybe that's why I liked it), but I found the place very enjoyable. Sure, it is a little small, can be crowded pretty easily, but in the end, I spent a lovely 5h there.
Oct 3, 2011
604 posts
387 upvotes
OTTAWA
Yes, I have been there. It's interesting but smaller. If you like ghibli movies, it is of interest to you and you should go. If you have no sense of fun or imagination about animated movies and the process, then maybe it would be boring to you.

The museum is set up like an animation studio if it were in a ghibli movie. Artwork is displayed in sort of a caricature of a work studio. There are also little doors and chests that can be opened to discover stuff like random sootballs or displays. It really only takes about 2 hours to shuffle through. 3 if you really take your time.

Don't gamble by attempting to buy tickets locally. Buy them ahead of time, especially if you absolutely want to go.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4676 posts
3823 upvotes
Edmonton
Looking forward to the Ghibli theme park opening in 2022!
Aug 23, 2015
228 posts
134 upvotes
GTA
mkjr wrote: On ghibli dont be stupid. Pay via JTB, a massive legit company, and pay the nominal Express post, frankly, pay for overnight courier. If you are stupid and cheap you will regret. You should be happy you can get tickets and this price. If you cheap out on delivery costs you have clearly done zero research on the museum. Enjoy but please. Penny pinch on stuff in Japan and enjoy nothing.
Question on JTB and transactions was simple, not warranting your little condescending response. Anyone doing any research around Ghibli museum ticketing and access can understand the limitations you have to contend with.
Aug 23, 2015
228 posts
134 upvotes
GTA
Actually there is another added way of getting Ghibli museum tickets online, through Lawson Ticket. Print your own at home. https://l-tike.com/st1/ghibli-en/
Tickets go on sale from the tenth of each month for the following month (for example, tickets for July 1 through July 31 go on sale on June 10).
Sale starts at 10AM Tokyo time. They go fast and people recommend being right on time and quick in order to score, but not impossible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)