Tags:
None
Jun 21, 2011
58 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
supashoppa wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 1:22 am
Unfortunately those dates are too soon for me. April, May, August, September or October would be ideal for me. Thanks for letting me know about this though, it is still an amazing deal!!!
I'm in the same boat, looking for October. Let me know if you find anything. Want to book in the next month or two.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7217 posts
2231 upvotes
Toronto
Wait till June/July promos.
AnthonyE wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 3:13 pm
I'm in the same boat, looking for October. Let me know if you find anything. Want to book in the next month or two.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 21, 2011
58 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 3:39 pm
Wait till June/July promos.
Is it risky to book that late in terms of finding accommodations? I would think that the money saved on flights would be overshadowed by increased prices in hotels/airbnbs as they start to fill up. We're aiming for late Oct/Nov, which I understand is a busy time in Japan. Is there something off with my logic?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2294 posts
509 upvotes
Montreal
AnthonyE wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 10:25 am
Is it risky to book that late in terms of finding accommodations? I would think that the money saved on flights would be overshadowed by increased prices in hotels/airbnbs as they start to fill up. We're aiming for late Oct/Nov, which I understand is a busy time in Japan. Is there something off with my logic?
As long as you book one or two months early you should be able to find something regardless of when you decide to go.
Jan 30, 2008
300 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
kenze wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 10:39 am
As long as you book one or two months early you should be able to find something regardless of when you decide to go.
Agreed, you should be fine. I went in August and had booked all my hotels by end of June. Prices seemed ok to me. If you're booking hotels, you could always take advantage of the booking websites that allow you to book now but pay when you check in.
Jan 30, 2017
7 posts
Toronto
To those who've travelled to Japan, has anyone tried withdrawing money from an ATM with their debit/visa card especially with their TD debit card? I'm with TD and I'm planning to make atm withdrawals.
Jan 30, 2017
7 posts
Toronto
supashoppa wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 11:01 pm
I am still so so sad that I missed this incredible deal. If this happens again, please someone let me know.
If you subscribe to YYZDeals.com, you will be notified should a deal comes up. There's deals on flights to Tokyo once in a while, so just keep on the lookout. I'll be going to Japan this February and I've book the flight through this deal.
Apr 16, 2009
681 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver
jasonchow416 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 4:22 pm
To those who've travelled to Japan, has anyone tried withdrawing money from an ATM with their debit/visa card especially with their TD debit card? I'm with TD and I'm planning to make atm withdrawals.
You'll be hit with annoying service fees if you use your TD debit card.

AFAIK the best option is to use a Tangerine debit card at one of the Scotibank partner ATM's http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/common/pdf ... -banks.pdf as it only charges a $2 fee.

Next best option is to use a Chase Visa (Amazon or Marriott) as it only charges a $5 fee or 1% of the total amount (whichever is higher).
Jan 28, 2017
5 posts
AnthonyE wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 10:25 am
Many travel websites have fully refundable reservations. I often book wayyy in advance and if a better deal comes up,I cancel and re-book.
Oct 10, 2006
21 posts
2 upvotes
dang. Looks like Japan prices for non-stop doubled over night. I was going to book. Anyone think there might be another deal with Air Canada around the corner from yyc?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7217 posts
2231 upvotes
Toronto
Hold on your nose till June.
stardotstar wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 11:21 am
dang. Looks like Japan prices for non-stop doubled over night. I was going to book. Anyone think there might be another deal with Air Canada around the corner from yyc?

Jan 22, 2017
14 posts
4 upvotes
I will need the cash jpy equivalent to 3000-4000$ CAD. I am located in the GTA.

Should I be exchanging money here or in Japan? My preference would be here in Toronto as I won't have to go searching. However I have heard that the exchange rates are better in Japan?

(I have a tangerine debit card and amazon visa already)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7217 posts
2231 upvotes
Toronto
Kantor.ca
papermate2 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 1:56 pm
I will need the cash jpy equivalent to 3000-4000$ CAD. I am located in the GTA.

Should I be exchanging money here or in Japan? My preference would be here in Toronto as I won't have to go searching. However I have heard that the exchange rates are better in Japan?

(I have a tangerine debit card and amazon visa already)