• Apr 25th, 2016 6:27 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 16, 2013
405 posts
70 upvotes
Vaughan

Jbl xtreme bluetooth speaker

anyone have this? How do you like it and how much you pay for it?

Been looking at the loudest speaker and it seems this is it. But damn never goes on sale, $329.99 at Best Buy and Costco
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1598 posts
1609 upvotes
Orleans, ON
I looked at one of these yesterday. It didn't seem as loud as I was expecting.
I guess maybe it could have been Best Buy's setup.. IDK.
I think it was $330

These seemed louder:
FUGOO Tough XL which was $350
Bose SoundTouch 20 III which was $450

The one I bought was the Phillips BT4000B (can't find it on Best Buy's website) which seemed to be about as loud as the FUGOO, but not quite as loud as the Bose.
It was only $180 at Best Buy compared to $300 for the others.

In terms of sound quality.. it blow my Beats Pill out of the water, but that's not saying much. I only really bought the Phillips for how loud it gets, and it was half as expensive as similar ones. I'm sure the JBL sounds better, but I was surprised a Phillips branded products sounded as good as it does (for the price).
Dec 16, 2013
405 posts
70 upvotes
Vaughan
Really it wasn't that loud? Maybe it was the set up, because it's by far the loudest I have tested.

Fugoo is solid. 360 sound and durable but sound on jbl is better. As for the Bose, not a fan. They are clean but the sound isn't loud at all. Try the xtreme again and see if it sound better else where. I had a beats pill years ago and returned it, it's all marketing with that company and the product is overpriced
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3016 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up a Harmon Kardon onyx studio 2 (2 adds aux and phone) a few months back at BB for $200.
This thing is loud but very balanced.

Great review here between it and the extreme which is good too (more so if you like a lot of bass)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=STWybFrFq7k
Dec 16, 2013
405 posts
70 upvotes
Vaughan
nice review and thanks for that vid...problem i need great battery life because i bring it on vacation all the time and when i go to resorts i bring it by the pool where it can get a lil wet