Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
JC CAYER

DEWALT DCD996B Bare Tool 20V Max XR Brushless 3-Speed Hammer Drill - $129.89

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2017 11:33 pm
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes

DEWALT DCD996B Bare Tool 20V Max XR Brushless 3-Speed Hammer Drill - $129.89

Deal Link:
Price:
$129.89
Savings:
45%
Retailer:
JC CAYER
JC Cayer currently has this brushless hammer drill for $129.89. I have this drill myself, and it is great. Keep in mind that this is the bare tool, with no battery. I have bought several tools from JC Cayer, and they all arrived promptly via courier:

https://www.jccayer.com/Dewalt-DCD996B- ... ol/p/50653

IHL Canada also has the same item at the same price, however, they do not ship for free nationwide (even if you spend the minimum $149):

http://www.ihlcanada.com/search.asp?key ... rch=Search

The current price on Amazon.ca is $238.76, and the lowest the price has ever been is $174.06:

EDIT: At least one RFDer was able to PM at Lowes for $116.90 + tax = $132.10.
Images
  • dcd996b.jpg
Last edited by Deals4me2eh on Feb 5th, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
40 replies
Banned
Jan 8, 2017
116 posts
14 upvotes
Can you put bits in this in order to use it for wood screws?
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes
x5yexret wrote: Can you put bits in this in order to use it for wood screws?
Absolutely! If you were only ever going to use the tool for bits, then an impact driver might be the better tool (for quick changing), but with this drill you can use it for both drill bits and impact bits (including regular screw bits) and at a great price point!
Sep 4, 2016
279 posts
383 upvotes
This is a great deal. Trying to find a reason to buy but I just got the drill impact combo and got the big impact gun last month too.....
Dec 6, 2008
285 posts
161 upvotes
Ontario
Love this drill. My 995 is no longer in my possession (jobsite theft) so i bought this one and it is way more powerful eats through concrete. Also bought the 887 impact gun so nice and smooth pushing screws.
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes
Dmichel99 wrote: This is a great deal. Trying to find a reason to buy but I just got the drill impact combo and got the big impact gun last month too.....
Likewise (on both accounts)! I used both the drill and impact driver on a small shelving project recently, and look forward to trying out the monster High Torque 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench when I swap out my winter/summer tires. Great tools.
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes
shiangsta wrote: Is price match in store only or can i buy through online and get price match adjustment via customer service? Never PMd at lowes before lol
From the Lowes.ca website:

https://www.lowes.ca/articles/every-day ... a1585.html

How to price match on Lowes.ca:

Please call us toll free at 1-888-98-LOWES (56937) or use our Live Chat to speak to a Representative.
Jan 25, 2012
312 posts
146 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Deals4me2eh wrote: From the Lowes.ca website:

https://www.lowes.ca/articles/every-day ... a1585.html

How to price match on Lowes.ca:

Please call us toll free at 1-888-98-LOWES (56937) or use our Live Chat to speak to a Representative.
Thanks! I'm on the phone with them now, they're getting it approved right now. JC Cayer has to have a brick n mortar store; but if you're having trouble then mention that JC Cayer has a physical location for pick up. It is in Ontario...

EDIT: Did not get 10% discount... since i'm a 4hr drive away from their physical location (near Ottawa). :(

EDIT: Got the price beat through live chat. I ordered first then requested a adjustment refund by siting others have been able to get 10%.
Last edited by shiangsta on Feb 5th, 2017 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 14, 2009
800 posts
96 upvotes
Was able to get approved for PM and beat at Lowes.

Thanks OP, great deal.
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes
shiangsta wrote: Thanks! I'm on the phone with them now, they're getting it approved right now. JC Cayer has to have a brick n mortar store; but if you're having trouble then mention that JC Cayer has a physical location for pick up. It is in Ontario...
Sweet! Be sure to post your final result ($), and I'll amend the original posting as well.
Jan 25, 2012
312 posts
146 upvotes
NORTH YORK
razzel wrote: Was able to get approved for PM and beat at Lowes.

Thanks OP, great deal.
Are you in Toronto? I just got off the phone with them and i was not approved.
Jul 14, 2009
800 posts
96 upvotes
shiangsta wrote: Are you in Toronto? I just got off the phone with them and i was not approved.
No not even close to Toronto.
Jan 25, 2012
312 posts
146 upvotes
NORTH YORK
razzel wrote: No not even close to Toronto.
How far are you from JC Cayer head office if you don't mind me asking?
Dec 6, 2008
285 posts
161 upvotes
Ontario
safarim wrote: I agree this is a good deal but not the best you can get (especially if you want an impact driver too)

I got the combo set for $200 when amazon had their 30% off tools. I've also seen the 4aH battery set for around $225 around RfD before.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0183RM3D ... ref=plSrch
You are wrong sir. Amazon home depot and lowes do not come close. 2 4.0amp batteries for $99 impact for $110 hammer for $129. So please redo your research. Fyi my prices i listed may be high but are still a better deal...kits are not the way to go. You are not comparing apples to apples.
Sep 10, 2012
210 posts
256 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Picked up from Lowe's, pricematch+10% off came to $132.10 taxes in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)