Expired Hot Deals

[Jeep] Take a Jeep Test Drive, Receive $50 Amazon.ca Gift Code

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2019 4:33 am
Mar 7, 2017
27 posts
20 upvotes
Went to the dealership today, was in an out in 5min. They asked me if I actually wanted to buy or not and i said tbh no, they entered me in the system no need for ID or test drive.
Dec 15, 2006
666 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa
I made my appt Tue and took the test drive today. I was there for about an hour. Checked in with the promotions guy, did the test drive and waited for the sales rep to load the page and enter my info and PIN. Worth the extra time to know it was done as I received the confirmation email before I left. I drove a Jeep Cherokee and liked the car quite a bit. I have only owned sedans but I would definitely consider a used Cherokee for my next vehicle.
Mar 20, 2006
231 posts
28 upvotes
The dealership where I went had no idea what to do with the code but he promised to find out. I test drove and I actually would consider them to upgrade my current car. Now the salesman has started emailing me regarding buying it but no word on amazon g.c. What a bunch of crap, not very impressed with them focussing only on sales when I specifically asked for the promo for a bunch of times :(. I actually did like their wrangler jeep.
Sep 14, 2009
369 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver
Was really impressed with the Wrangler. Feels like my mid-life crisis kind of toy with the roof off.
Aug 20, 2016
310 posts
270 upvotes
My wife and I will show driver's licenses at same address. Will i get both gift cards?
Jan 5, 2006
809 posts
136 upvotes
Markham
isd9999 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 8:13 pm
My wife and I will show driver's licenses at same address. Will i get both gift cards?
last time Hyundai promo, NO, told me same address is NO
last last time Mazda, YES, they didn't care
100% ebay rating since 02 ebay :razz:
Heat
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2423 posts
1574 upvotes
No Bum Deals
isd9999 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 8:13 pm
Myself and SO test drove in two different dealerships just due to timing locale. We both have the confirmation emails.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Apr 30, 2009
475 posts
234 upvotes
GTA
Went to a dealer for a scheduled time she suggested. She said “just a minute, Its outside. Take a look”. Nice Wrangler. Rather excited to see how it drives. Watched her take another customer who just then showed up out in the waiting Jeep she told me to look at. Other sales people were available.
I left.
Am I going to buy that model? Likely not, but never know. A brand new (50 mikes) GC Limited I had as a rental a while ago sure was nice. Probably better but more boring choice than a Wrangler.
Am I going to buy from that dealership. Not a chance.
Looking back, our family has had more FCA cars than anything else, by a huge margin.

Somehow I don’t think Jeep/FCA intended this promo to drive away customers. Interesting how they can get sabotaged by their own dealers.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2747 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
carsncars wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 1:24 am
They hadn't called me yet. I just gave them a call 30 mins before I went in and asked if I could drop in and test drive a Wrangler, and mentioned the promo sparked my interest. When I arrived I explained I wasn't really in the market, but had an interest in the new Wrangler and the gift card promo seemed like a good opportunity to check it out. If you aren't really in the market, I think they appreciate it if you go by when they aren't super busy (e.g. not weekend afternoons).
Took a chance and went by this dealership tonight (without calling) close to closing and there were no customers in sight. I was upfront with the receptionist when I walked in and she knew exactly the promo and called over a sales consultant for me. He was very professional, took my info and was very upfront, offering me the chance to spend the least amount of time on this in order to qualify for the gift card. I was genuinely curious about Jeeps actually as it was never on my radar so I wanted to learn more and to test drive one. Tried out the Wrangler... it was a cool experience. Definitely different from my civic...lol. Sales consultant was great, he really took time to tell me all the features of the vehicle. Good experience overall!
Dec 26, 2013
13 posts
4 upvotes
Saskatoon
Booked an appointment for today with my promo code. Went in to do the test drive, salesman realized I was not really interested in a new vehicle but I was willing to test drive for the GC. I also didn’t want to waste his time so I told him I was mainly there for the GC. He took the code down and my email address. That was about 8 hours ago and no confirmation email yet (checked junk mail).

Why run a promo if you don’t plan to follow through? Just create more hate towards your company over something so measly.
Jun 8, 2019
38 posts
28 upvotes
BonzerChicken wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:41 am
Booked an appointment for today with my promo code. Went in to do the test drive, salesman realized I was not really interested in a new vehicle but I was willing to test drive for the GC. I also didn’t want to waste his time so I told him I was mainly there for the GC. He took the code down and my email address. That was about 8 hours ago and no confirmation email yet (checked junk mail).

Why run a promo if you don’t plan to follow through? Just create more hate towards your company over something so measly.
Well saying you have 0 interest for the car and only there for the GC is probably a bad idea. It's a private corporation, their main goal is to sell a car, not give out freebies...
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Dec 16, 2015
82 posts
76 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I went to the Jeep Dealership at Richmond Auto Mall, met with the guy, and we sat down talked for 5 minutes him being genuinely caring about the whole car purchase. Then has asked, "How did you get to know about this place?" and I mentioned that they have the Amazon gift card promotion, after I said that it seemed he lost all interest and brought me to the car, and left me there to talk to his manager. The manager then for some reason said "I can't find where to enter the pin in the system, can you come back in a few hours when I get x to help me figure it out, he showed me earlier". The sales person then told me to text him my unique pin to enter later, which I did on the spot. He then brought me out. When I got back in my car, I realized that they needed my drivers license/other stuff because everyone on RFD here have been saying they have their license scanned or something.

At this point I realized he just blew me off so he could get rid of me, my brother is going on Saturday, so I'm going back again to try again, this time making sure he puts the pin (it's been 12 hours now, and I haven't received any emails, so I already know he doesn't care).
Mar 26, 2012
834 posts
458 upvotes
Pretty awful promo, my salesperson was pushy and rude even though I said I was only looking at my options today. At the end they didn’t know the dealership code and promised to fix the next day. Unsurprising no confirmation email. Quick call the next day and they promised to fix immediately, but again nothing. Definitely won’t be going back to this dealership.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1726 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
CalvinP047413 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 4:46 pm
Went to the dealership today, was in an out in 5min. They asked me if I actually wanted to buy or not and i said tbh no, they entered me in the system no need for ID or test drive.
Which dealership is it?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9572 posts
9718 upvotes
There's an important question in all this. After years of reliability issues...

Who buys a Jeep in 2019? The Army styled Jeeps aside (place in my heart), I don't touch them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)