• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2019 3:11 pm
Jul 15, 2014
202 posts
141 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
virgonomic wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 2:58 pm
Has anyone had a dealership that is not participating?

I was SO close to beating the system. Signed up for PIN. Received email from dealership. Told rep I'd be in this aft and send him my PIN so he had the info. Rep asked me if I was just interested in the GC as I didn't have to come in if so. I said yes, he said manager said they are not participating. Could be a lie to avoid the (minor) hassle for them.
Which dealership was this? I was at the Metro Chrysler on Richmond Road, they are having "technical difficulties" last I heard. I also checked out the Nepean dealership, Dilwari or something, and they said that the promotion ended on Saturday, which clearly is not the case.
Oct 8, 2010
731 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
went to Erin Dodge Crysler on Glen Erin Dr., Mississauga.

It is basically putting my PIN/INFO along with dealer ID/code on some website and submitting online. As soon as he click submit button, I got the confirmation email.

From this I can see its all BS that they are out of GC... Even promo website T&C says its for first 3,000 people.

https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contest ... elines.pdf

4. THE REWARDS
There are three thousand (3,000) Amazon.ca Gift Cards available to be claimed on a first-come firstserve basis, as described in section 3 above. The number of Amazon.ca Gift Cards available may be
increased by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Oct 26, 2016
505 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
adilh53 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 12:25 pm
Did everyone here who visited a dealer for the promo get their ID checked? Wondering if it really is 1 per address or can wife and I both get these at different stealerships despite having same address on our drivers licences?
The system will return a msg saying that the address has already been used. You need seperate address
Dec 15, 2006
676 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
ElenaA265 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 3:02 pm
Which dealership was this? I was at the Metro Chrysler on Richmond Road, they are having "technical difficulties" last I heard. I also checked out the Nepean dealership, Dilwari or something, and they said that the promotion ended on Saturday, which clearly is not the case.
It was Dilawri on Hunt Club.
Jul 15, 2019
3 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
virgonomic wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 3:27 pm
It was Dilawri on Hunt Club.
Same here at Dilawri. I didn't even mention the promotion and the sales just said 'if you are not committed to buy, we are not doing test drive'. :rolleyes:
Last edited by OttTNT on Jul 22nd, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 9, 2010
683 posts
788 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Tokic_o wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 11:25 am
Just went to the dealership in Markham at Woodbine / HWY407 and it was hassle free experience. Receptionist was very aware of the promo and instantly started filling out my info and asked for my email PIN and email etc. Got my confirmation email from JEEP within a minute mentioning:

"Your Amazon.ca Gift Card is in the works and will be sent to this email address at the end of our Jeep Summer Celebration Event."

Receptionist proceeded to ask if I actually wanted to test drive any vehicle and I kindly declined (not in the market for a new vehicle since my lease still has 3 years on it) and let me on my way within 10 minutes.
Just came from there as well and had the same experience. Very friendly and straightforward. Makes sense if I'm not seriously looking to buy right now not to waste their time or mine, but they still get my contact info for the future.

Has anybody received their gift card yet? Any idea how long it takes to come?
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: djwalsh3000
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12173 posts
2630 upvotes
RFD
Tokic_o wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 11:25 am
Just went to the dealership in Markham at Woodbine / HWY407 and it was hassle free experience. Receptionist was very aware of the promo and instantly started filling out my info and asked for my email PIN and email etc. Got my confirmation email from JEEP within a minute mentioning:

"Your Amazon.ca Gift Card is in the works and will be sent to this email address at the end of our Jeep Summer Celebration Event."

Receptionist proceeded to ask if I actually wanted to test drive any vehicle and I kindly declined (not in the market for a new vehicle since my lease still has 3 years on it) and let me on my way within 10 minutes.
Nice, I'll go to that dealer to get no hassle free experience.
Jan 12, 2018
54 posts
8 upvotes
Hi, planning on go there tomorrow. just woundering did you actually took the test drive or just straight forward to the paperwork? Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3049 posts
1790 upvotes
Vancouver
politikolcorrect wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 11:17 am
not a draw in the deal, but dealer can manipulate whichever way they want, not honours the deal , bait and switch, or even worse bait and waste your time.
here down vote to the deal but not op. the nearly 33down vote suggest at least so many angry cuatomer.
Not true, every hot deal thread will have trolls downvoting just for the sake of downvoting. The more popular the thread, the more downvotes...
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1211 posts
1164 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP for the new link. I'm actually looking for compass type compact SUV and this will just make the test drive more bearable. Last car purchase experience was excruciatingly painful and long.
Apr 30, 2019
2 posts
The dealership sent an email to me to confirm the appointment and asked me to send a text message to them. I just confirmed that I'll be there on Saturday and asked about the gift card promotion they replied back this to me:

Hi Saman, yes you will be entered to win one of 3000 gift cards across Canada! That is while supplies last. Are you trading something in?
Dec 24, 2018
72 posts
33 upvotes
Was there as well, great customer experience and if I were to buy a car I'd definitely consider them first over other chrysler dealerships.
Jun 22, 2009
873 posts
416 upvotes
Vancouver
I went to the one in Burnaby told them upfront I'm just here to get GC and the fellow went took my info and photocopy my id wrote down my info and then sent me on my way. I gave him $5 for his time. I hope to receive the email soon . He was on the computer when I left
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1160 posts
345 upvotes
Winnipeg
received a call today from Jeep customer service to survey...about if dealership have contacted me and how was the service.
Mar 9, 2012
170 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Do I have to do this at the initial location I selected on the form? I may pivot and go to another location if it is alright.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)