• Aug 16th, 2019 4:33 am
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3895 posts
2053 upvotes
Edmonton
weinthere wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 2:29 am
Do I have to do this at the initial location I selected on the form? I may pivot and go to another location if it is alright.
No. Any Jeep dealer should be able to submit the promo form with your PIN.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1726 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
Am I too late? The link said 'The event is closed'.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2645 posts
718 upvotes
Lethbridge
lol, all these shady dealer stories are hilarious. They wonder why people hate dealing with them.

I'm continually amazed how terrible & inept most are - Someone else posted about how if they would just treat these promos as word of mouth & to recruit future customers, they would make bank. Instead, they so some shady shit or tell lies, then get blasted on the forums where all their savvy shoppers are.

Same goes for email communication. I'm 2 hours outside of Calgary, and when I email looking for a price and outline exactly what model, package & colours I'm interested in, I get the "come on down to the showroom for a great deal!" drivel 3/4 of the time without even reading my email. They wonder why the sales floor is a revolving door...

Exceptions: Silverhill Acura - They 100% played ball on the 2015 TLX deal & Gord Scott Nissan (Red Deer) who despite selling me a lemon (a 2008 Jeep Patriot no less, lolol), bent over backwards to help during our search and made it worth our while to drive up.
Jan 7, 2019
15 posts
11 upvotes
Avoid Richmond hill they said they are ‘out of cards’ after yesterday even tho it doesn’t work like that... my mother is seriously in the market for suv and we didn’t even consider Jeep just Mazda... this promo actually got them into our consideration but after they treat me like that screw em. Will try woodbine/407 as others said had good experience if they are out of submissions for code that’s different but screw r hill for pretending like they had physical cards and ran out :( I just want $50 card and some realistic pricing info don’t need to test drive shit
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12154 posts
2612 upvotes
RFD
Pauly Boy wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 10:29 am
lol, all these shady dealer stories are hilarious. They wonder why people hate dealing with them.

I'm continually amazed how terrible & inept most are - Someone else posted about how if they would just treat these promos as word of mouth & to recruit future customers, they would make bank. Instead, they so some shady shit or tell lies, then get blasted on the forums where all their savvy shoppers are.

Same goes for email communication. I'm 2 hours outside of Calgary, and when I email looking for a price and outline exactly what model, package & colours I'm interested in, I get the "come on down to the showroom for a great deal!" drivel 3/4 of the time without even reading my email. They wonder why the sales floor is a revolving door...

Exceptions: Silverhill Acura - They 100% played ball on the 2015 TLX deal & Gord Scott Nissan (Red Deer) who despite selling me a lemon (a 2008 Jeep Patriot no less, lolol), bent over backwards to help during our search and made it worth our while to drive up.
+1000. They don't realize or don't care that people posting bad reviews and experiences on their dealership gets read and translates into lost sales as people will just avoid going to them point blank. I'd rather drive further to get a better no BS experience than go with my next door close by dealership who are shady and get bad reviews.
Sep 26, 2016
14 posts
2 upvotes
50$ is really tempting but i hate dealing with car dealers, plus having to lie pretending i'm interested when i'm not looking to buy a car anytime soon while i really just want the GC.
Nov 25, 2018
55 posts
14 upvotes
I went to Mazda last year for a GC, the sales didn’t want to waste his time with me and just entered my info for the GC, despite I really wanted to try the Miata.
I never got the GC...
Nov 25, 2018
55 posts
14 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 11:55 am
+1000. They don't realize or don't care that people posting bad reviews and experiences on their dealership gets read and translates into lost sales as people will just avoid going to them point blank. I'd rather drive further to get a better no BS experience than go with my next door close by dealership who are shady and get bad reviews.
Last time I was in a Jeep dealership trying to test drive a manual wrangler JL. Told the sales I wanted to try the latest model Wrangler JL, but he took me cross the whole yard and tried to sell me a JK...
Dec 15, 2006
666 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa
yattaman wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 2:06 pm
50$ is really tempting but i hate dealing with car dealers, plus having to lie pretending i'm interested when i'm not looking to buy a car anytime soon while i really just want the GC.
There is no lying involved. The only requirement is that you test drive a new car. There is no requirement on what your intentions are. I planned to do some research driving cars this summer as my car is now beyond 300K. This promo will get me to drive a Jeep whereas I otherwise wouldn't have.
LeoL62707 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 2:21 pm
I went to Mazda last year for a GC, the sales didn’t want to waste his time with me and just entered my info for the GC, despite I really wanted to try the Miata.
I never got the GC...
I didn't get an email so I called Mazda and they took my info and I then got the e-card.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12154 posts
2612 upvotes
RFD
yattaman wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 2:06 pm
You don't have to lie. Just straight up tell them you're there for the gift card and not on the market for a vehicle. I would imagine they'd appreciate not wasting their time too. I'm going tonight and will tell them straight up. Will let you know how it goes.
Dec 12, 2018
12 posts
33 upvotes
Went for a test drive on Monday and tried out the Wrangler Sahara at the Steeles and Yonge location. The salesman took down my code and information and said he will enter it later. I received a call today from the dealership to confirm the information and received a confirmation email within seconds. Thanks OP!
Apr 20, 2005
392 posts
141 upvotes
IMO the dealers seeing this as a waste of time and sending people on their way without even throwing a sales pitch are definitely missing the point; it's supposed to bring people into the showroom for a lasting impression. A way to have people consider the brand the next time they need a car, not necessarily right now.

A really talented salesman would convince the person who came in for the GC to trade-in the car they drove in with and leave in a Jeep Face With Tears Of Joy

P.S. I had Jeep contact me to check whether my local dealer had properly reached out to set up a test-drive.
Dec 16, 2008
796 posts
306 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jeep customer service told me that i have to wait until end of promotion (July 31), before cards are sent.

Let's see
Feb 14, 2017
37 posts
21 upvotes
La Prairie, QC
So it's been over a week since I went to do my test drive. Still no confirmation email. I emailed the dealer and left a voicemail to the sales rep, no signs of life from them. I guess I'm ****...
Mar 12, 2017
272 posts
329 upvotes
gbagrami wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 3:40 pm
So it's been over a week since I went to do my test drive. Still no confirmation email. I emailed the dealer and left a voicemail to the sales rep, no signs of life from them. I guess I'm ****...
High 5! I called the salesperson I did the test drive with last week, who claimed he would "look into it last week". He did not, and refused to give me his email for me to send my PIN to. I called FCA promotions, who after speaking to the dealership, told me that the dealership had no record of me ever being there?!? (after they photocopied my ID?!?!) and to go in for a test drive.

This is ridiculous.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)