Expired Hot Deals

[Expedia] JetBlue Sale - Book by Jan 3rd, Travel Jan 16 - Feb 13, Check US Border City

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2013 6:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
1928 posts
437 upvotes

[Expedia] JetBlue Sale - Book by Jan 3rd, Travel Jan 16 - Feb 13, Check US Border City

Checkout flights from your closest US border city.

Fares include government taxes and fees.
Book by January 3, 2013 (the earlier of 11:59 PM ET or local time).
Fares not available on Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, or Priceline.
Travel January 16, 2013 - February 13, 2013.
Click on a fare for details.

One Way From Buffalo, NY (BUF)

$49 to New York, NY (JFK)
$60 to Boston, MA (BOS)
$99 to Orlando, FL (MCO)
$110 to Fort Lauderdale
http://www2.jetblue.com/deals/the-fly-s ... mid=285238
14 replies
Oct 11, 2004
805 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
this is no sale...occasionally they will have a real sale (promo codes usually are involved unless it is southwest and often they do it by distance) but most times when the airline sends out emails they are just the regular prices which are exactly the same before and after the sale period ends.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1074 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
These tickets are ONE way. Please put that in title for clarification.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3721 posts
222 upvotes
jurassic98 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:35 am
These tickets are ONE way. Please put that in title for clarification.
Thanks.
actually, you need only read the link to figure this out...

OP, this is not too bad. personally, i have noticed flights from BUF to MCO have creaped up in the last year and are much more full. the low range of non-stop flights to MCO from BUF has been around 147 a/i return and for a recent oct trip, 998, for 5. i think that others might want to consider this as in my view, after looking at this route daily with yapta alerts etc., it is not bad. sub 170 a/i is a very good deal.
Nov 22, 2006
289 posts
33 upvotes
Thanks OP. You can't beat $98 all-in from BUF to JFK.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9734 posts
428 upvotes
tarheel_06 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:57 am
Thanks OP. You can't beat $98 all-in from BUF to JFK.
Did you check fares both ways? I didn't this time, but in the past its $49 one way, but higher prices coming back.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2137 posts
159 upvotes
I love Jetblue. So much better than every other North American carrier. For flights more than 3 hours long, pay the $25 and get the upgraded seating.
Nov 22, 2006
289 posts
33 upvotes
slowtyper wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:04 am
Did you check fares both ways? I didn't this time, but in the past its $49 one way, but higher prices coming back.
Yup, $49 both ways for most flights. Dates I checked were end of January.
Jan 1, 2013
35 posts
6 upvotes
MARKHAM
This might be a slick deal if you're flying down from Buffalo, but flying back from somewhere like NYC, you can just fly on Porter direct to the island airport for $16 more ($65 USD a/i if you go on the US site), and not have to be bothered with spending money and time on getting from Buffalo back home.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6698 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
temporalstorm wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 2:48 pm
This might be a slick deal if you're flying down from Buffalo, but flying back from somewhere like NYC, you can just fly on Porter direct to the island airport for $16 more ($65 USD a/i if you go on the US site), and not have to be bothered with spending money and time on getting from Buffalo back home.
I've never even thought of that - but wow, that's awesome. Semi-annoying to have to get to buffalo without leaving a car there, but great potential to save if you have 2-4 people going on a trip and can pay someone to drive you over. $72 Boston -> YTZ, $84 Chicago -> YTZ, 65 EWR -> YTZ on the random searches I see.

Should be able to get someone to drive you to buffalo (a buddy, family, etc) for around $100, so it makes for some good deal potential for cheap trips! I wouldn't take the bus or anything because that's a huge headache.
Dec 27, 2012
23 posts
ETOBICOKE
temporalstorm wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 2:48 pm
what!! r u serious... 65$ one way JFK - the toronto island airport? Thats really good. Is that a normal fare outta JFK?
Jan 1, 2013
35 posts
6 upvotes
MARKHAM
Of course, one of the issues of flying from EWR is that you gotta get to NYC's Penn Station with all your luggage and then shell out $12.50/person for the AirLink to get to EWR itself. If you're cheap like me and don't want to chance your fragile items on the baggage handlers and the conveyor belts, the overnight Greyhound/Megabus could also be a decent option, though not nearly as fast door to door obviously.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
2400 posts
556 upvotes
Moncton
You save a couple of US taxes by flying to Canada vs. to the United States. I noticed this on flights from Detroit to Fort Mc Murray starting in June 2013. Going to Fort Mc Murray is cheaper from Detroit, but returning you are better off flying to Windsor.

Same applies to Moncton-USA. When visiting Montreal, I sometimes make a US side trip flying south out of Burlington or Plattaburgh, returning direct to Moncton. Obviously doesn't work if you drive, so Bangor is out.
Clicking on "Thanks" is appreciated.
Pete_Coach and Armeee are on my ignore list.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
2400 posts
556 upvotes
Moncton
temporalstorm wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 5:49 pm
Of course, one of the issues of flying from EWR is that you gotta get to NYC's Penn Station
You can also take the PATH subway from mid-town, Freedom Tower or Jersey. At Newark Pen Station, hop on a train bound for Newark airport. There is also a bus shuttle from the New York bus station.

If you are really cheap, you can take the PATH to Newark Pen Station and take a city bus through the city of Newark to the airport. But then you don't get to ride the monorail. See Google Maps for transit options.
Clicking on "Thanks" is appreciated.
Pete_Coach and Armeee are on my ignore list.
× < >