• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2005 11:30 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2003
301 posts
1 upvote

Jigsaw Puzzle Frame 20" x 27"

I'm in the process of building a jigsaw puzzle that is 20" by 27" and plan to frame it after completion.

So I am looking ahead of completion to have it ready for framing asap but I am having trouble finding a local retail store in Toronto that have such frames. I've been suggested by Japan Camera, and Sears that it is an uncommon size and should get a custom frame. They quoted the custom frame to be atleast a $100cdn.

Well, my friend suggested Curry or other art stores, but I haven't had the chance to look yet...

I searched on google and found this site: Home of Jigsaw Puzzle Genie which is a company based in Florida, USA. Has anyone dealed with them before?

I found what I was looking for on the site for a 20" x 27" jigsaw puzzle frame kit and sold seperately a faceplate (plastic cover?), the total comes up to be ~$45USD pre-tax, pre-custom and pre-shipping charges? This order will come upto be ~$100CDN, so I'm wondering should I get this kit or should I get a regular picture frame custom made? and from where?

Any opinion or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2004
1130 posts
16 upvotes
Woodbridge
I would suggest either Costco who can laminate and mount it **on a backboard** for ~25 bucks, or go to Michaels with a 50% off framing coupon. Michaels includes the glare free glass and you can mount it on pressure tack board or use the puzzel fixer (glue)

GL

Erika
WTB :
1) Laptop - Ultra/Convertible
2) Camera - digital
Banned
Aug 3, 2004
1888 posts
Scarborough
I went to an art store last time i did a puzzle.. that was just last september lol.. well the price was $70 for 2 frames.. not bad IMO
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
301 posts
1 upvote
dtcanada wrote:I went to an art store last time i did a puzzle.. that was just last september lol.. well the price was $70 for 2 frames.. not bad IMO
an art store for 2 frames - do u remember which art store was it? im too lazy to go shopping at art stores...

these are helpful sharings :) too bad im not a member of costco, or i would defintely check it out.

anyone have experience with puzzle building and framing please share.

thank you
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
301 posts
1 upvote
:arrowu: still interested for more info, if any please
Nov 21, 2005
129 posts
1 upvote
Tried P mall n market village b4?
Banned
Aug 3, 2004
1888 posts
Scarborough
a1tenshi wrote:an art store for 2 frames - do u remember which art store was it? im too lazy to go shopping at art stores...

these are helpful sharings :) too bad im not a member of costco, or i would defintely check it out.

anyone have experience with puzzle building and framing please share.

thank you

the art store was on Queen and Gladstone.. Parkdale area..

or.. you know what you could do.. buy puzzle glue at walmart for $4.. and glue it both side.. and slap a piece of paper at the back (a page of calendar or something) and use poster hanger at walmart or zeller for $5.. and u have a nice home made poster :D for about $10..
× < >