Food & Drink

Jimmy's Chinese Style Beef Jerky No More?

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2011 12:01 am
Tags:
None
Feb 2, 2009
1 posts
San Francisco
I registered on this site simply to respond to this post.

I am in San Francisco and just had this pop into my head one day and my sister forwarded this to me.

dagnabbit!!! I called the Vancouver # you guys posted and it's disconnected.

more beer i guess will numb the pain. i'll drown in my sorrows of not being able to get this :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1875 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
I am so sad that I will goto the grave and never taste Jimmy's Chinese Style Beef Jerky again, especially the hot flavour. I remember taking a bag to lunch in Grade 6 here in Calgary and sharing it and everybody was in love with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1732 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Come on, there's got to be an entrepreneur in the country who wants to make this product again, heh heh.

Quick, somebody go on Dragon's Den for this idea! :lol:
Paulfistinyourface wrote:This is RFD. High moral values are way down the ladder of acceptability around here. It's all about stepping on your grandmothers throat to save a buck.
Heatware
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
even if u find some jimmy's at some small grocer it probably wouldnt be too fresh at this point
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1732 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
silentio wrote:
Feb 25th, 2009 8:56 pm
even if u find some jimmy's at some small grocer it probably wouldnt be too fresh at this point
Which probably explains why it was so good; much less preservatives than western jerky.

I don't know if they patented it though. Maybe they'll sell off the recipe one day.
Paulfistinyourface wrote:This is RFD. High moral values are way down the ladder of acceptability around here. It's all about stepping on your grandmothers throat to save a buck.
Heatware
Feb 2, 2005
10 posts
Jimmy's was the best.. *sigh*
If anyone starts making it again, I'll be your primary investor!

Oh jimmy's, taste so sweet
the only jerky i'll ever eat
it makes me sad that i'll never taste
the taste that cannot be replaced
please someone make it again
and i'll forever be your friend..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6215 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
i remmeber eating this as a kid ...but i didn't go crazy for it tho :razz:
Jan 15, 2009
125 posts
GTA
I remember there were two versions: spicy and sweet. The sweet one was a bit more moist. This product really brings back good old memories.
Feb 27, 2009
867 posts
318 upvotes
NCR
I loved this stuff growing up. I used to eat a whole box in one sitting. :o

Does anybody have any suggestions on similar jerky products available? I'm not a fan of the Macau-style jerky. Any other suggestions would be welcome!
Dec 13, 2006
620 posts
31 upvotes
yea anybody know any brand with similar taste?
-----------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3540 posts
2 upvotes
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Feb 2, 2005
10 posts
2-year bump/update:
Just talked to a friend who actually knows Jimmy's daughter and son-in-law.. They closed down because Jimmy wanted to retire, and the kids didn't want to take over the business. They also won't sell the recipe.

:'(
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
2932 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
freakshow wrote:
May 17th, 2011 6:34 pm
2-year bump/update:
Just talked to a friend who actually knows Jimmy's daughter and son-in-law.. They closed down because Jimmy wanted to retire, and the kids didn't want to take over the business. They also won't sell the recipe.

:'(

That's so sad.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2538 posts
73 upvotes
Peterborough
freakshow wrote:
May 17th, 2011 6:34 pm
They also won't sell the recipe.
Time for some waterboarding.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
TheDarkRage wrote:
Jan 16th, 2009 2:21 am
Anyone on the west side willing to call them? We all know people in Toronto are too cheap to call :lol:

Other chinese/asian jerky's are too thick and rubbery...bleh...

What?
I thought most RFd people had an unlimited calling plan for one price.
I have a north america unlimited phone plan!
× < >