Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5364 posts
891 upvotes
Toronto
fryguy1987 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:36 am
That doesn't answer my question. I asked how does the scam work? Are they just fishing for bank account numbers?
There is no bank accounts numbers involved since it mention e-transfer but fishing for SIN# is possible.
Sep 30, 2015
31 posts
9 upvotes
Ashburn, ON
The applicant will get the job. Once they become an "employee" then they will be asked for personal information ( SIN DOB Bank etc) the criminal then uses this for fraudulent activities later on, mortgage applications, credit card and other scams.
Once the criminal has the info the job disappears. Laid off...no longer required.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2585 posts
563 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
find out their physical address, if they refuse to give it to you, then its a red flag, find out a number of someone to speak to in person, if they dont talk over the phone and talk email only, its a scam
Hi
Apr 30, 2017
8 posts
6 upvotes
funny, I just received a similar email a few days a go, for 'Asset Manager' position offered by Decos Mobile.
The email claims they found my resume on 'Randstad'.

I have never received a job offer by email without actually applying for the position.

Also, there is no phone number, all recruiters, companies, etc usually have a phone number in their signature.

Definitely something isn't right here, please stay away.
Sep 16, 2006
898 posts
178 upvotes
Pickering
Over $5000 a month ($60K+/year) for a manager position. And they offer this to someone with no previous work experience. And they want to pay you under the table with E-transfer.

Ya that's not sketchy or anything.

Run.

PS- you really need to start adulting bud. If you couldn't tell this was a scam right away (Why TF did you send them an application??) you aren't adulting right.

BTW hate to ask but you didn't give them your social insurance number did you? Please tell me you didn't give them your social insurance number...
Jan 21, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Yeah this Castellic Group is big time fraud. I was just "dealing" with them. All they wanted to know was information about my bank account for my "job position". I knew they were scamming and played around with them making up personal information which they were trying to get out of me all in the process of starting you up at the company. Banking info, age, address, Citizenship, they even asked for a picture of me holding government ID for their "security system". They also asked the exact maximum amount that I could withdraw from my account in one day. They were not very sophisticated. Very poor grammar, probably from another country. It was fun stringing them along just to see how blatantly obvious of a phony scam they were. Never give ANY information online unless you know exactly who you are dealing with.
Feb 7, 2019
1 posts
Yes. A. Scam. If you google Castellic you will find a legit company of the same name. A lot of scammers will copy legit company names. Often if you do a google earth search for the address it turns out to be some apartment building.

On their "contact us" tab there will be no actual listing of the founder, CEO or other material information of the company. I suggest company listing information which will tell you company business registration date, legal right to do business in Canada and other federally regulated thingamagigs.

I usually just send them back the poop emoji.

Please be careful. O. O. They always know where there is some thing where bitcoin or e.transfers are the nearest thing safest to your bank account than a sighing kitten's paws.

I love you all.

As others have stated if It's too good to be true, it is. Simple. Full stop.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1653 posts
670 upvotes
Ottawa
fryguy1987 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:36 am
That doesn't answer my question. I asked how does the scam work? Are they just fishing for bank account numbers?
I don't think it is fishing for account numbers. This is fairly useless information. Even SIN and other personal information is not that hard to find.
This sound like it could be the "send a money order" for something (office setup, materials whatever) scam. You cash the money order and are told they need to send some percentage back. A few weeks later the money order turns out to be fraudulent and their untraceable money transfer is gone. People get mad as they ask why the bank cashed the money order. +
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2050 posts
1127 upvotes
If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is
Aug 19, 2018
961 posts
967 upvotes
Ljubljana24 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 7:37 pm
That's what I was wondering about. What exactly are they trying to do?
Since nobody actually answered you straight, here is how:

>3.Payment going into your bank account weekly directly via Interac e-transfer.

Just because they said it is a interac e-transfer doesn't mean it actually is. Often time these people will send you a phishing e-mail that pretend to be an e-transfer, ask you to fill in your information so you can get your money. That is where they steal your online information. Usually the online banking login.
fogetmylogin wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:41 am
I don't think it is fishing for account numbers. This is fairly useless information. Even SIN and other personal information is not that hard to find.
This sound like it could be the "send a money order" for something (office setup, materials whatever) scam. You cash the money order and are told they need to send some percentage back. A few weeks later the money order turns out to be fraudulent and their untraceable money transfer is gone. People get mad as they ask why the bank cashed the money order. +
Doesn't work with e-transfer. e-transfer are irreversible once cashed.
[OP]
Feb 11, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes
Mistersprinkles wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 8:48 pm
Over $5000 a month ($60K+/year) for a manager position. And they offer this to someone with no previous work experience. And they want to pay you under the table with E-transfer.

Ya that's not sketchy or anything.

Run.

PS- you really need to start adulting bud. If you couldn't tell this was a scam right away (Why TF did you send them an application??) you aren't adulting right.

BTW hate to ask but you didn't give them your social insurance number did you? Please tell me you didn't give them your social insurance number...

No need to be rude... I was asking others for their opinion since this was my first time looking for a job... I'm sure you had questions too when you were my age. You should help others instead of belittling them. Not to mention I'm not an adult... It may be obviously a scam to you but I had never been through this process before so again, that's why I posted on this forum. Anyway you should read before you comment, otherwise you wouldn't have to ask the same questions...