• Jul 11th, 2018 11:01 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 15, 2012
56 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton

Job Search by Population?

Are there any job search sites that has a community population field?

I am interested in exploring IT opportunities in smaller communities (Population of 3000-15000) in Canada.

Thanks,

pmorey
4 replies
Feb 7, 2018
150 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto ON
No. But since you're an IT guy, you could build one yourself. Would be a beneficial exercise - use Indeed to dig out job posts regularly, then use a resource like google to dig out the population, then store in a database, like for caching the result so at later stage you could pull out a summarized data and make a graph if you want. Good idea!
[OP]
Jul 15, 2012
56 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
ginoisselling wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 3:03 pm
No. But since you're an IT guy, you could build one yourself. Would be a beneficial exercise - use Indeed to dig out job posts regularly, then use a resource like google to dig out the population, then store in a database, like for caching the result so at later stage you could pull out a summarized data and make a graph if you want. Good idea!
It is a great idea, but not really my area of IT. Technically, I could probably do it, but it would be very time consuming and I already have a full time job with a family. I was hoping that there was something already available.
Feb 7, 2018
150 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto ON
I don't think there is anything available, at least not of my knowledge, but you can just check Indeed manually every day and as a search parameter (Indeed actually allow you to do this, just like Google) pass to exclude "toronto", so check everything else in Ontario (or whichever province you are in)
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1523 posts
543 upvotes
Tokyo
Sounds like a business opportunity!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)