Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Jomashop.com] Omega watch sale (US)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2014 1:04 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7628 posts
2174 upvotes

[Jomashop.com] Omega watch sale (US)

Deal Link:
Although I cannot comment how good are all those prices, but some prices are definitely better than what you can get in Caribbean (for example, the moon watch). Free shipping in US. Good deal if you have family or friends in US.
34 replies
Mar 5, 2011
536 posts
244 upvotes
Worth noting is the warranty:
Warranty service for this watch will be offered through Jomashop and not the manufacturer. Omega watches have a 4 year Jomashop warranty.
Jun 4, 2007
32 posts
23 upvotes
Coquitlam
First thing to note is
Jomashop is not an authorized dealer of omega. Omega is not going to warrant that watch, Jomashop does.

The watch may be authentic but most likely the serial number will be sketch off. There's definitely no warranty from Omega. Everything would need to go through Jomashop and shipping back and forth is a pain. Replacing parts will be another pain, because they may not use OEM parts. That's when the trouble accumulates.
The sales seems attractive. i.e. 33% off retail but many find its not worth that hassle you may get the front end saving, and pray there's nothing wrong with the watch, otherwise it will come and bite you back.
go on the net, and you will find all the discussions about buying from authorized or not.
I did lots of research and reading.. for me, its not worth it. Besides.. I managed to find a authorized retailer to sell me with 25% discount. I was very close of buying for my wife. She would rather spend that money on jewelries...
25% is definitely pushing.. but 20% discount is not that hard to negotiate..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5115 posts
984 upvotes
T.
beinei wrote: First thing to note is
Jomashop is not an authorized dealer of omega. Omega is not going to warrant that watch, Jomashop does.

The watch may be authentic but most likely the serial number will be sketch off. There's definitely no warranty from Omega. Everything would need to go through Jomashop and shipping back and forth is a pain. Replacing parts will be another pain, because they may not use OEM parts. That's when the trouble accumulates.
The sales seems attractive. i.e. 33% off retail but many find its not worth that hassle you may get the front end saving, and pray there's nothing wrong with the watch, otherwise it will come and bite you back.
go on the net, and you will find all the discussions about buying from authorized or not.
I did lots of research and reading.. for me, its not worth it. Besides.. I managed to find a authorized retailer to sell me with 25% discount. I was very close of buying for my wife. She would rather spend that money on jewelries...
So share your source for 25% off. Also you can get it serviced by Al Archer in Ontario with genuine parts.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3430 posts
658 upvotes
beinei wrote: First thing to note is

Great post!

Thanks
May 20, 2006
835 posts
30 upvotes
Check Jomashop or AuthenticWatches near Christmas, I've seen prices goes as low as 55% off retail price. Yes, you don't get manufacturer's warranty but I've read depending on which brand, manufacturer's warranty does not necessarily means the 'best' warranty. Anyways, I've bought two Oris (close to 50% each) from AuthenticWatches last year, no problems.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8543 posts
5560 upvotes
Trudostan
Grey market watches, prices may be good but if something goes wrong don't expect much of that "4 year" warranty.

IMHO if you're paying over $1K, go with an Authorized dealer. You may be able to haggle with them and get up to 25% off depending on how badly they want to sell something, you have nothing to lose by trying.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Apr 22, 2005
460 posts
19 upvotes
Maybe I am missing something but why buy from Caribbean?
:twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast
shahn2 wrote: Maybe I am missing something but why buy from Caribbean?
Duty free. I bought my breitling duty free on my Alaskan cruise and saved a lot (granted I haggle for ages to get it down beyond their initial offering).
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Jul 19, 2003
778 posts
106 upvotes
Markham
You will unlikely need servicing within the first four years of a watch from Omega, so I wouldn't be that worried. Anything after warranty is fair game to be serviced by whoever.

I would probably bring it to Swatch group instead of Archer due to the servicing warranty.

Note that Costco sells grey market Omega's too and they have their own warranty.

Agree you can get 20% or so off at a local AD.
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
My Rolax is a thing a beauty. Nobody even notices that it's not a Rolex... Now if I could just buy a counterfeit car I would not need to win the lottery so badly!
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18005 posts
7034 upvotes
Toronto
M1K3Z0R wrote: LOL! $10 for a Lolex or Ohmega? seems legit.

In fairness to the counterfeiters, there are some impressive quality replicas out there.
What are you implying? They are fake?

These places sell real watches with full warranties from their respective manufacturers. I think you should actually think about what you are saying and check your sources before crapping this thread with worthless info.
May 16, 2012
199 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
DrunkenStupor wrote: My Rolax is a thing a beauty. Nobody even notices that it's not a Rolex... Now if I could just buy a counterfeit car I would not need to win the lottery so badly!
Hey, I was interested in getting a replica. Could you share your source where you got your Rolex from? Thank you. =)
Jan 26, 2012
64 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
The serial numbers are in no way scratched off as one previous poster suggested. The watches are simply grey market, meaning the only difference is who the warranty is offered through. With watches like Omega, Breitling an Rolex, the odds of any of those watches needing service in the first few years is extremely remote. These are brands that command high prices due to high wuality, not just because they are the posh thing to wear right now. I bought a Breitling from Jomashop a few years ago, came in the original box hust like from an AD. I still see the same watch for sale in every Breitling store I visit. I would not hesitate again to buy from them if the price is right. AD pricing on watches is getting quite high these days, for what you save if something did go wrong you could pay the AD to fix it and still come out ahead. These watches are all the real thing and Jomashop was good to deal with in my experiences.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7628 posts
2174 upvotes
FYI, I bought an Oris from Jomashop years ago as a gift. It turns out to be perfectly fine. No scratched off serial number and the watch is still working great today. Their prices are better than Caribbean as I have just been there a few months ago. You get offered 10% off on Omega, with negotiation, you may push to 15% or even 20% off. But not close to 30% off. I think more people have access to US market by having family or friends there compare to a trip to Caribbean. Yes, it's grey market for Jomashop but you do save a lot on watches thousands of dollar. Maybe it's not for everyone, but to me, it's a good deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
same experience here - bought grey market Breitling from them couple years ago - perfect condition, no scratched off serial numbers. Much of the grey market watches come from AD's. AD's need to retain a certain number of sales or purchase a certain number of watches from manufacturer to keep their AD status. When they can't sell as many watches as they order - they simply sell it under the table to grey market dealers.

Carribean and other duty free places are not necessarily a bad place for a great deal on luxury items. However, you have to know where to look. Places that a cruise director suggests and other places that tours take you - you will not get a good deal. It's all BS - cruise/tours get a kick back, if they don't own the shops themselves. I was on a cruise in May - and I love how they try to sell diamonds. The person on the cruise says she's a gemologist - and to tell a good diamond is see how it sparkles. No freakin mention of the C's... or grading certificate. They just say their dome of light cutting sparkles way better than other cuttings - of course it does, more facets, reflect more light, but hides more inclusions in the diamond.

Anyway - back on topic. My friend worked in Bermuda for a few years... the luxury retailers there - have 30-35% off MSRP for most watches, and they are ADs.

Locally, I've had friends that got 25-30% off MSRP on Omega... but that's YMMV on your negotiation skills.

BTW - IIRC, my breitling was 53% off... haven't seen it for this kind of discount since... and CAD was higher than USD back then, even with credit card conversion rate, it was even. Shipped it to Vegas hotel, as I as going for vacation - no state taxes... declare it, but since was there with a few buddies - had well more than enough exemption room.

This was the breitling deal I got.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/jomashop ... y-1276114/

golden wrote: FYI, I bought an Oris from Jomashop years ago as a gift. It turns out to be perfectly fine. No scratched off serial number and the watch is still working great today. Their prices are better than Caribbean as I have just been there a few months ago. You get offered 10% off on Omega, with negotiation, you may push to 15% or even 20% off. But not close to 30% off. I think more people have access to US market by having family or friends there compare to a trip to Caribbean. Yes, it's grey market for Jomashop but you do save a lot on watches thousands of dollar. Maybe it's not for everyone, but to me, it's a good deal.
Aug 24, 2005
793 posts
417 upvotes
Etobicoke
So for sure will get hit with duty buying from Jomba? What generally speaking is the percentage?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)